i got a brand new gamecube for $32.00

what people dont get is that i would have traded those games i copied anyway, even if I didnt make copies for myself. SO IT DIDNT HURT ANYONE

[quote name='shadow711711']what people dont get is that i would have traded those games i copied anyway, even if I didnt make copies for myself. SO IT DIDNT HURT ANYONE[/quote]

I don't know if that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, but it is certainly in the top 20.

Look, if the game isn't worth keeping (i.e. you want to trade or sell it), then trade or sell it, but don't steal and keep a copy. While you own it (you have the original in your possession), play it as much as you want. When you sell or trade it, you are not just getting rid of the media and packaging, you are passing the right to play the game from your ownership to someone else's ownership. If you continue to play the game, you are stealing.

It isn't a question of hurting anyone. It is an issue of ownership. You have no right to play the game once you trade it. What you "don't get", is that you have to make the decision of whether you want to play the game now or trade the game now -- YOU CANNOT LEGALLY OR MORALLY DO BOTH.

[quote name='guessed']

I don't know if that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, but it is certainly in the top 20.

Look, if the game isn't worth keeping (i.e. you want to trade or sell it), then trade or sell it, but don't steal and keep a copy. While you own it (you have the original in your possession), play it as much as you want. When you sell or trade it, you are not just getting rid of the media and packaging, you are passing the right to play the game from your ownership to someone else's ownership. If you continue to play the game, you are stealing.

It isn't a question of hurting anyone. It is an issue of ownership. You have no right to play the game once you trade it. What you "don't get", is that you have to make the decision of whether you want to play the game now or trade the game now -- YOU CANNOT LEGALLY OR MORALLY DO BOTH.[/quote]

legally, no. but morally, yes, my lost friend. it all depends on your morals. For you, it would be immoral, because you are "stealing", correct? You are "stealing" because that is what the law says. But to me, what the law says (this particualr law, not all laws) doesnt matter, as long as I m not hurting anyone in any way, including financially. like i said, i would have traded them in anyway, so MY COPYING OF THE GAMES DID NOT DO A SINGLE THING, except, of course, if you follow all laws blindly.

man, why is this discussion still going? let it die, i dont see what the big deal it. the dude is never gonna admit he's wrong no matter what you say, so why bother? btw, dont know if anyone say this yet, but there's a copyright law, when you copy the media, you're breaking the law, and i dont think you can say that's that's nothin.

[quote name='shadow711711'][quote name='guessed']

It isn't a question of hurting anyone. It is an issue of ownership. You have no right to play the game once you trade it. What you "don't get", is that you have to make the decision of whether you want to play the game now or trade the game now -- YOU CANNOT LEGALLY OR MORALLY DO BOTH.[/quote]

legally, no. but morally, yes, my lost friend. it all depends on your morals. For you, it would be immoral, because you are "stealing", correct? You are "stealing" because that is what the law says. But to me, what the law says (this particualr law, not all laws) doesnt matter, as long as I m not hurting anyone in any way, including financially. like i said, i would have traded them in anyway, so MY COPYING OF THE GAMES DID NOT DO A SINGLE THING, except, of course, if you follow all laws blindly.[/quote]

The copying of these games allows you to play them without giving payment to the people that produced the game: programmers, marketers, artists, factory workers, custodial staff, and all of the people that depend on your money to make a living. No, your one act of stealing isn't going to ruin them, but yours is a viewpoint that has reached widespread popularity, and that is hurting them. It is illegal for you to copy games like this for a reason. This is not a victimless crime. Quit lying to yourself and feel the guilt that you deserve.

Throw the copied games in the trash and you will still have purchased a GameCube for $32. Congrats.

This topic still here? Time for some fun...

[quote name='shadow711711']what people dont get is that i would have traded those games i copied anyway, even if I didnt make copies for myself. SO IT DIDNT HURT ANYONE[/quote]

Doesn't matter if it hurt anyone or not. It's still illegal...and wrong.

[quote name='shadow711711']What we see here, kids, is a middle aged man with no life, calling others "preteens". Or maybe he isnt a middle aged man, but a mere child, since he was viewing the Pirates of the Carribean" DVD (no matter how good, still a children's movie). But, ladies and gentlemen, the true person we have here is a LOSER. Go, tmbgman, get laid and stop worrying about some "preteen" burning games. Thanks.
[/quote]

FYI...referring to PotC as "good" implies that you've seen it. And since you've said that it's a children's movie and adults shouldn't watch it, you are logically a child. You've been a bad little boy. We should talk to your mommy and daddy about this one. If we get lucky, maybe they'll beat the hell out of you, wash your mouth out with soap, and then ground you for...oh, I don't know...five years or so?

Dumbass.

Tsk Tsk...pirated games...I too came to this website not that long ago...posted about GBA ROMS...if any of you remember...then i was told these things do not fly at this website...so I took it like a man and have never discussed roms again...I also dont use them like you do...I only use them to try out a game no one i know has (mainly gba or handheld games)...so take it like a man and admit what your doing is illegal and not tollerated at this site...Just cuz your proud you scammed and did illegal deeds doesnt mean everyone is going to think your "cool"...you asked for people opinions on this subject, so why do you bicker about what side they are on? You chose to flaunt your misdeed and you should be able to take the consiquences like a man

ha ha back from the dead, I had forgotten how entertaing this thread was. whomever posted the "I choked a bunch peopel to death and picked up my copy of chrono cross" that cracked me up then and it did so again tonight. thanks

Listen, everyone on this board has something illegal on their computer, or in their home. Do you have any mp3 files that the band did not publicly give out? You know, that's illegal, and I'm sure plenty of you use bittorrent or irc. So don't give this guy shit for piracy. Also, if you are holier than thou person and does absolutely nothing "illegal" with computers or games, you're a just a loser.

[quote name='jebus179']Listen, everyone on this board has something illegal on their computer, or in their home. Do you have any mp3 files that the band did not publicly give out? You know, that's illegal, and I'm sure plenty of you use bittorrent or irc. So don't give this guy shit for piracy. Also, if you are holier than thou person and does absolutely nothing "illegal" with computers or games, you're a just a loser.[/quote]

For following the law.. and realizing these people deserve to be paid for the work they're doing.. we're losers? That's one pathetic set of misguided morals you got there boy.. what did you do hit your head on the shallow end of the gene pool?

What kind of a shaq-fuing ass hole brags about stealing from two great orginizations, the best friend orginization and ebgames. great deal you got. i bet if you friend would have read this he would piss on your foot. you dont buy a game fron a friend burn it the get 450% of what you paid for it back. You should at least give your friend back some extra copies of the games you burnt.
Listen, he did not do anything wrong. He bought the games from his friend, he agreed, and then he used a coupon that EB had. There was nothing wrong with that. He did not rip any one off at all. He just got a good deal.

what did you do hit your head on the shallow end of the gene pool?
That has probably been the lamest thing I have ever heard. The sad truth, if you want to face it or not, 95% of all internet users have something illegal on their computer. Did you know jay-walking (I'm not sure if that's the correct spelling) is illegal? I'm sure you've done that before.

Nobody is talking about jay-walking, which is a victimless crime (unless, of course, the person gets hit by a car. Poor car..). The issue here is piracy. It hurts the industry as a whole. Piracy IS stealing, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. If you're going to buy a game, pirate it, and then sell it back, you might as well just steal it right off the shelf in the first place. Definitely a nice turnaround on the games themselves though.

It is stealing, when did I ever say that it wasn't? Do you know how to read properly? I'm not too sure about that, because obviously you must have read something wrong.

[quote name='shadow711711']sorry for "bumping" this post, but I have realized that I am at fault. =( (I was just looking over old posts)[/quote] Thanks for thinking about it. It takes guts to admit it. *applauds*
Now, all you need to do is destroy the copied games, and you're clean in my book.

[quote name='jebus179']
What kind of a shaq-fuing ass hole brags about stealing from two great orginizations, the best friend orginization and ebgames. great deal you got. i bet if you friend would have read this he would piss on your foot. you dont buy a game fron a friend burn it the get 450% of what you paid for it back. You should at least give your friend back some extra copies of the games you burnt.
Listen, he did not do anything wrong. He bought the games from his friend, he agreed, and then he used a coupon that EB had. There was nothing wrong with that. He did not rip any one off at all. He just got a good deal.[/quote]What's really strange is you didn't mention anything about him copying the games in that post about him not doing anything wrong.

Copying games is wrong. I was just simply saying that his deal was not illegal. So don't have your asshole bleed over it.

[quote name='jebus179']Copying games is wrong. I was just simply saying that his deal was not illegal. So don't have your asshole bleed over it.[/quote]But, copying the games was illegal, right?

If you've been around here any length of time you know mentioning modchips, pirating games, etc is going to get you flamed.. you better get used to it.

Yes it's illegal. Cornfedwb, if you are going to rip on someone, please do better than that lame attempt you made earlier. It just makes me laugh in a pathetic way.

[quote name='jebus179']Yes it's illegal. Cornfedwb, if you are going to rip on someone, please do better than that lame attempt you made earlier. It just makes me laugh in a pathetic way.[/quote]

Ahh, what a way for a newbie to get his feet wet.. you'll do well here I'm sure. Keep being an ass, trust us, everyone loves it here.

bread's done
Back