I got a PINK DS Lite

Guapo77

CAG Veteran
So I decided to buy a DS today, i went to my local Game Crazy, traded in a few games and asked for a DS Lite

they only had Pink in.

So I bought it anyway and now I'm sitting here looking at it,wondering if I should keep it.

I don't have a problem myself having a pink DS, just well don't really feel like getting stared at all the time. And having to answer the inevitable question of, "why do you have a pink one?"

So should I keep it? Or not?

Of all the stupid colors they had, it had to be that one.

Don't keep it. You shall be mocked by all. Believe me (my friend had a pink GBA, oh the laughs we had at his expense).

You can always cover it with something, if given a pink DS Lite I would use it, but not pay full price for it!

Anyway, I have seen at least one DS lite at almost every store now. I wonder if Nintendo finally decided to keep up with the demand?

I have a pink one. then again, Im a chick. Anyways, I would keep it. Its a DS, and who cares what color it is ? I think aligning colors with gender is stupid anyway.

agreed but the public wont agree with me kitty....

im leaning towards keeping it and getting a skin for it, saw a Darth Vader one on ebay, that will offset the pink with some manliness

On the other hand, you shouldn't keep a color you don't like, just to make a statement of color-gender neutrality. It's a color you'll have to keep if you don't return it within the allowed time frame -- and the cost of a DS Lite isn't trivial. So if you don't like it, don't feel pressured to keep it. Use the credit to wait for a color you like or prefer.

Do you like pink? If you do, then fuck the world, and keep the pink.

Being a girl, having a pink DS lite isn't "weird" at all for me, however, I will add

the pink one shows fingerprints less than the black and the white....

there's WAAAAAAAAY more accesories for the pink DS lites than the others

plus in terms of resale, if you ever want to get RID of your DS lite [not trade for a color, I mean all out get rid of] the pink holds resale value the best [during christmas it was selling higher than ALL the ds lites combined]

a guy at my job also has a pink ds lite, people gave him weird looks even when he had an original silver DS [some people, especially teenagers and "young adults" think video games are stupid, no matter what]

and if it embarasses you that much, buy a case for it, one of the ones you can play the system inside...it's definitely the coolest color of all the DS lites though.

wow sarausagi thanks for the advice

I have no problems with pink, I used to even where a pink shirt

you make a lot of good points, I think I will keep it

PINK iS THE NEW BLACK

I just trade my white DSL away.. but if I ever wanna get another DSL it will be pink for sure! Thought about black.. but hey... pink is cool and that may get my wife to start playing the DS (if ever).. with the pink DS.. keep it! ;)

I was gunna get a pink one. I don't know why, I just thought it looked really cool. But I was also not prepared to deal with all the questions I would recieve. So I went with white.

[quote name='Guapo77']wow sarausagi thanks for the advice

I have no problems with pink, I used to even where a pink shirt

you make a lot of good points, I think I will keep it

PINK iS THE NEW BLACK[/QUOTE]

yeah, there's a lot of homophobic, INSECURE men who constantly bash pink..but in recent times i've noticed a lot of respected powerful men of varying ethnicities are starting to wear pink..shirts..ties...slacks..even shoes and lapels...

oh, and if your DS lite has no dead pixels, consider yourself lucky, i had to exchange 2 or 3 DS lites before i got a perfect one

If you want Onyx, you'll see fingerprints and smudges on it clearer than a blacklight shows carpet stains.

Pink, black, eh. Retailers seem to be getting steady shipments so if you want to return it, you shouldn't have any problems.

There's nothing wrong with pink, although I have a white DS Lite myself.

I did however, always use a pink stylus with my original DS. (The "Kirby" one.)

I'm a guy, and I have a pink DS. I traded in my old one specifically for pink. I think it looks cool, and it's nice having a color different from the norm. Plus it looks sexy...

Theres nothing wrong with Pink. Any guy who thinks 'ZOMG PINK is 4 teh Gheyz' is either 14, or has a mental age of 14.

I have pink dress shirts that I wear to work, and plenty of other guys at my office do as well.

If you like the color keep it. I personally dont like the pink one too much myself, but if they ever release a skyblue/Carolina blue DSL, or a Lime Green one, Im SO buying that! lol

Back when the Wii was still the Revolution, and they had the products shots showing all the different colors, I was dead set on getting the Lime Green one.

[quote name='Puffa469']Theres nothing wrong with Pink. Any guy who thinks 'ZOMG PINK is 4 teh Gheyz' is either 14, or has a mental age of 14.

I have pink dress shirts that I wear to work, and plenty of other guys at my office do as well.[/quote]
That's kinda different though. Pink dress shirts and ties are socially accepted in an office (especially in New York City), hence men do not feel insecure wearing pink (myself included) in a white collar environment.

Anyways Guapo77, if you really like the color then go for it but as crazytalkx stated before, you will be mocked heavily. I work in New York City and wouldn't have any problems playing a pink DS Lite inside my office, but you couldn't pay me to use one on the subway in front of strangers.

[quote name='Kendro']That's kinda different though. Pink dress shirts and ties are socially accepted in an office (especially in New York City), hence men do not feel insecure wearing pink (myself included) in a white collar environment.

Anyways Guapo77, if you really like the color then go for it but as crazytalkx stated before, you will be mocked heavily. I work in New York City and wouldn't have any problems playing a pink DS Lite inside my office, but you couldn't pay me to use one on the subway in front of strangers.[/QUOTE]
HAHAHA tell me about it. I'm from NYC as well and someone will just look and beat you upside the head if they see a guy with anything pink (except shirts). or you'll get strange looks from guys..who are interested in you!

[quote name='Puffa469']Theres nothing wrong with Pink. Any guy who thinks 'ZOMG PINK is 4 teh Gheyz' is either 14, or has a mental age of 14.

I have pink dress shirts that I wear to work, and plenty of other guys at my office do as well.

If you like the color keep it. I personally dont like the pink one too much myself, but if they ever release a skyblue/Carolina blue DSL, or a Lime Green one, Im SO buying that! lol

Back when the Wii was still the Revolution, and they had the products shots showing all the different colors, I was dead set on getting the Lime Green one.[/quote]

Agreed. Nothing wrong with the pink. I actually like the pink color better than any of the other colors. If the Onyx did not show the fingerprints so badly, I might have selected that one instead.

I can rock a pink DS, because I know that if anyone wants to mock me, they can't kick my ass. I am secure enough in my manhood where I can have a pink DS.

[quote name='iazybandit']HAHAHA tell me about it. I'm from NYC as well and someone will just look and beat you upside the head if they see a guy with anything pink (except shirts). or you'll get strange looks from guys..who are interested in you![/QUOTE]
Glad I don't live in NYC then. Sounds like a horrible place. I've played my DS in public many times and only one person has ever commented on it.

Guy: Is that a pink DS?
Me: Yup
Guy: Nice!

Yeah, that's it. Do you people live in places that are only home to grade schoolers or something?

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Glad I don't live in NYC then. Sounds like a horrible place. I've played my DS in public many times and only one person has ever commented on it.

Yeah, that's it. Do you people live in places that are only home to grade schoolers or something?[/QUOTE]
NYC isnt that bad as we make it out to be. You'll get awkward stares and people wondering if you're a fruit or you're straight but thats about it but if you're in a really ghetto/bad neighborhood, you might get a beat down either for carrying something pink when you're a guy or getting your stuff stolen. But other than that, you're pretty safe.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Glad I don't live in NYC then. Sounds like a horrible place. I've played my DS in public many times and only one person has ever commented on it.

Yeah, that's it. Do you people live in places that are only home to grade schoolers or something?[/quote]
Nah. NYC is so diverse it is a great place to live and people respect each other's differences for the most part. But since the population is so high, there is also a higher amount of grade schoolers as well.

If a guy next to me was playing a pink DS Lite, I wouldn't care and judging by all the responses in this thread, they all don't care either. I was just giving the OP a different viewpoint because saying "Who cares what people think" on a message board is easy to say, but in the real world outside of the Internet, I don't see many people so quick to announce it.

I always thought NYC was very open to things outside of the box, and just things different from the norm.

I guess I was wrong?

[quote name='yukine']I always thought NYC was very open to things outside of the box, and just things different from the norm.

I guess I was wrong?[/QUOTE]

I think you'll find it's part of some larger equation involving race and age.

[quote name='yukine']I always thought NYC was very open to things outside of the box, and just things different from the norm.

I guess I was wrong?[/QUOTE]

Don't listen to the others - I've lived in NYC all of my life, and the people posting here are a little too quick to throw out words like "beatdown" to make themselves sound cool. Unless you live in a crappy area travelling at a late hour, general mass transit in New York is pretty much uneventful.

Of course, you might encounter that moron who can't keep his mouth shut, but generally they're a transplant from out of state ;P
Otherwise, if anything, people don't give a crap what you do on the subway as long as you're not disturbing others (that means you bible preaching Caribbean lady!)

Hell, if it seems interesting a nearby person or two might just watch on while you play to pass the monotonous train/bus ride. That's about it. Sorry, we don't actually beat on each other like Spartans ;)

[quote name='greydt']Don't listen to the others - I've lived in NYC all of my life, and the people posting here are a little too quick to throw out words like "beatdown" to make themselves sound cool. Unless you live in a crappy area travelling at a late hour, general mass transit in New York is pretty much uneventful.

Of course, you might encounter that moron who can't keep his mouth shut, but generally they're a transplant from out of state ;P
Otherwise, if anything, people don't give a crap what you do on the subway as long as you're not disturbing others (that means you bible preaching Caribbean lady!)

Hell, if it seems interesting a nearby person or two might just watch on while you play to pass the monotonous train/bus ride. That's about it. Sorry, we don't actually beat on each other like Spartans ;)[/QUOTE]
I lived in NYC all my life as well and I was only just joking. Its all fun and games. No one beats anyone down unless like you stated, you're in a really bad town and at really late at night..but then again, you just have to be in the wrong place at the wrong time for that to happen.

[quote name='iazybandit']I lived in NYC all my life as well and I was only just joking. Its all fun and games. No one beats anyone down unless like you stated, you're in a really bad town and at really late at night..but then again, you just have to be in the wrong place at the wrong time for that to happen.[/QUOTE]

No prob - I kinda guessed you were making some fun, but it seemed like too many people were taking what you said seriously ;)

bread's done
Back