I got a PS2

FatBat

CAG Veteran
I'm now looking for a few titles to pick up for it. At the moment the only game I have for the system is Killzone, it's a decent shooter, but I've played better.

Can someone recommend a few "exclusive" titles besides the Final Fantasy series (I plan on getting FF10 next time I'm out.

As said before
Metal Gear Solid 2/3 (most specifically 3, it is honestly one of the greatest games ever)
Devil May Cry 1/3
God of War
those are the best in my opinion. (besides for FFX)

Kingdom Hearts
Metal Gear Solid 2&3 (Get 2: Substance and 3: Subsistence if you can!)
La Pucelle, Disgaea, Phantom Brave
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1&2
Xenosaga I&II
Ico
Katamari Damacy & We Love Katamari

Final Fantasy X and MGS2 surely rank up there as some of the best videogames of all time. Worth your time. :)

IMHO, if you are going to play a Devil May Cry game, you might as well skip right to Devil May Cry 3, it's a prequel so you aren't missing out on any backstory and the combat system is just so much more fun than the original.

The PS2 holy trinity of action platformers is Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and Sly Cooper and the Thievious Racoonus. I recommend you purchase the first game of all 3 of those series and give them a playthrough. Based on your experiences from the first games you will pretty much know which series you will wish to continue.

Another vote for the weird and wacky Katamary Damacy.

R-Type Final is a great old skool style 2D ship shooter

The Socom series is a great tactical shooter, but it is most fun when going online.

If you can track it down, Zone of the Enders: the 2nd Runner is an outstanding and graceful mech combat game.

What other systems do you have besides PS2? If not an Xbox, pick up a Grand Theft Auto.

MGS 2 & 3
Devil May Cry 1 & 3
Rayman 2 & 3
Guitar Hero (GREAT game)
Raw Vs. Smackdown 2006
Gran Turismo 3
Shadow of the Colossus
Socom 3
Champions of Norrath 1 & 2 (must have if you have friends that will play)
GOD OF WAR (definently this one)

Killzone sucks ballz IMO.

guardian_owl wrote - What other systems do you have besides PS2? If not an Xbox, pick up a Grand Theft Auto.

Actually I own both an Xbox and Gamecube, however thanks for the suggestions, I'm thinking about picking up gradius V, if I can find it. Is it a rare title?

If you like turn-based RPGs and lots of dungeon crawling, pick up Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter. It's an excellent and underrated game that can be had "on the cheap".

Also go for the Onimusha series, and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

If you like action RPGs bypass Kingdom Hearts and grab Radiata Stories, you can thank me later.

Someone mentioned the Sly, Jak and Ratchet series already, all three are great. Same with Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3.

If you can find Klonoa 2, grab it and be thankful.

bread's done
Back