I got my Wii! (Well kinda sorta).

TexTuna

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I gave up trying to find one in a store, was having no luck. Hard to be there when they dole them out in the mornings when you work for a living. So I broke down and paid an extra $75 to someone that had stood in line for 13 hours on the 19th.

Anyways, got it yesterday at lunch. I have had zero, 0, NO playing time with it and don't know when I will...

My family consists of my wife, myself, and two boys age 5 and 12. You know what is really sad? My boys haven't even touched the thing.

My wife proceeded to open the box, set it up in the home theatre, configure it, plug in Zelda - and plant herself infront of the damn thing for all waking hours not requiring work, bodily functions, or a little sleep.

Damn, it ain't fair. :)

Tonight I bought some of them wiimote covers (rubbers) seeing as how everyone says they are pretty good...she was happy enough about that but of course I screwed up by not getting a pink one which she now insists on....God, I'm never going to get to play the thing.

TexTuna

I bought mine at Target. They had packs of 3 for $24.99 each with a wiimote strap. There were two packages, one a glow in the dark brightly colored (including the damn pink one my wife wants and I didn't get) and a Zelda pack (the one I got).

I also noted that Walmart sells the brightly colored glow in the dark ones for $8.88ea so I'm going to get her that damn pink one tomorrow.

:)

[quote name='Diiz']I need some Wiimote rubbers. Anyone know any good deals on 'em?[/quote]

I was going to get one from my TRU this weekend... until I got a notice from the gas company. Apparently my wife (who does the biils) hasn't paid it in 6 months. So now I have to take the fun money I've set aside from ebaying my stuff and pay off the damn gas bill.

It's not fair.

Damn, those things are expensive. Seeing as how I've spent WAY too much on consoles in November, I guess I'll hold off.

Wait a few months...those Wiimote rubbers will be down to a couple bucks each. Accessories for new systems are always stupidly expensive. I bought an extra Wiimote, but I'm waiting to get my 3rd one until they start bundling them with Wii Play.

[quote name='sp00ge']I was going to get one from my TRU this weekend... until I got a notice from the gas company. Apparently my wife (who does the biils) hasn't paid it in 6 months. So now I have to take the fun money I've set aside from ebaying my stuff and pay off the damn gas bill.

It's not fair.[/quote]

Word of advice of the day: Dont marry

[quote name='OzCatter']Word of advice of the day: Dont marry[/quote]

Haha, yeah, too bad I've been married for over 3 years. I work 60+ hours a week, so I don't have much time, that's why she always took care of the bills and stuff. I'm gonna have to take care of the bills at work, I guess.

I've been married for almost 17 years so I'm stuck with the damn pink remote :)

Oh, and since I'm so damn lazy and don't want to have to synch the remotes everytime I play and make one of the others the primary - that means I play with the damn pink one too.....oh well, at least its at home and no one sees!!

[quote name='sp00ge']Haha, yeah, too bad I've been married for over 3 years. I work 60+ hours a week, so I don't have much time, that's why she always took care of the bills and stuff. I'm gonna have to take care of the bills at work, I guess.[/quote]

bread's done
Back