I got officially blacklisted at EB Games today!

[quote name='wbc1228']that is the moral of the story?!
lol

hum.............
according to your justification:
- if people forget to lock their doors, it is perfectly OK to take stuff away from them since " they shouldn't put themselves in the position to do so in the first place".
- if a hot chick was walking alone at night in a dark alley, you would probably rape her and your reasoning would be that it was her fault for being vulnerable in the first place.

just because there is a loophole in the policy, it doesn't justify you abusing it.[/QUOTE]

Um there is no loophole they should have put the restriction on the games (as in make them NON PO TITLES) so they couldnt be used for the deal....in your case posted above the restrictions are called LAWS set forth so idiots dont do the things you posted like rape people or steal....hence EB should think before they set up a deal like hey maybe we should take out games people can pick up in the bin in front of our registers and re use back to us for this deal? EB needed to get there act together.....either way Gamestop will screw the trade in stuff either way....youd figure they would pay someone to watch out for this stuff. the fact that they tried to involve the police and threaten people is EXACTLY what the BBB is for....you should have called them in that case saying you were threated by an employee for following thier policy and they didnt like it....that would have shut her up

lol

hum.............
- if people forget to lock their doors, it is perfectly OK to take stuff away from them since " they shouldn't put themselves in the position to do so in the first place".
- if a hot chick was walking alone at night in a dark alley, you would probably rape her and your reasoning would be that it was her fault for being vulnerable in the first place.

just because there is a loophole in the policy, it doesn't justify you abusing it.[/QUOTE]

That is probably the worst logic I have ever seen.

lol

hum.............

just because there is a loophole in the policy, it doesn't justify you abusing it.[/quote]
Stealing and rape, in addition to being immoral, are both illegal, i.e., they are against the "rules". Neither buying games from BB/EB/GS nor trading games in to BB/EB/GS is illegal or against any posted rules, in fact, they are activities encouraged by BB/EB/GS. Your analogies are terrible.

Edit: Beaten to the post.

[quote name='TUBAPRO1']This reminds me of what I did with Blockbuster last summer...One day, I was in there right when the trade in 3 get any used game for $5 deal started, and I noticed that there were a bunch of refurbished games. Most of them weren't anything special, but there were a few God of Wars, Fight Nights, and Midnight Dub whatever it's called. They were also having the buy 2 get 1 free sale going on...so, I bought all of them, and started trading them in right away for the games...after I traded in about 3 sets, the district manager actually called my house and told me that she was going to call the police on me the next day. I calmly explained to her that this was not against the trading guidelines and she just got even angrier and told me to wait until tomorrow because I was going to be arrested for sure.

She called me the next day saying she had spoken to the loss prevention department of the company and that what I was doing was perfectly legal and ok. She apologized and told me that what I was doing was sneaky, but smart. Just to rub it in, I went back there and traded about 9 or 10 copies of each.

In the end, I ended up with a little over a thousand dollars in credit plus a bunch of good pre-owned games.

The moral of the story is, every time any store has a deal that gets exploited, the store always blames you for doing something horrible. These things are not hard for BB or GS or EB to fix. Just add a few extra conditions to the deal, and it's done with. If they don't want to get screwed, they shouldn't put themselves in the position to do so in the first place.[/quote]

Notice how Blockbuster has never done that sale again. Because of a few greedy bastards it screws it up for everyone. It's people like you with a short sighted mindset that screw it up for everyone.

[quote name='schuerm26']Notice how Blockbuster has never done that sale again. Because of a few greedy bastards it screws it up for everyone. It's people like you with a short sighted mindset that screw it up for everyone.[/quote]

Yeah, and BB is all I have around here. Stop being assholes and cut down on the exploiting loopholes, other customers exist too.

[quote name='King_Sprout']Yeah, and BB is all I have around here. Stop being assholes and cut down on the exploiting loopholes, other customers exist too.[/QUOTE]

I used to say that all the time but ya know what they still do BOGO's and this site has hoarders out the ying yang that scap stuff up on deals just read this thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79164

Point is you snooze you lose...and if they set up deals that backfire well set them up better next time to prevent this stuff. You cant set up a lemonade stand and not expect bugs to attack your stand....come prepared (I think this works better than the rape/steal example...lol)

And PS, I also traded a lot of those games/sold them at a fair price to people on the site and I've done the same for other deals, but anyway, this thread is not going to get into another 'opinions on hoarding' thread.

Flipping has been around for a long time and had always been frowned upon.

Scenario 1: I personally don't have a problem with picking up some cheap games from TRU, CC, BB etc and trading them in to GR or EB to double or triple my gaming value. Maybe even going back and forth between GR and EB to further increase my gaming value (although I don't have enough time to do this with any kind of regularity). This is basically a supply and demand system, you just happen to have good suppliers (CAG).

Scenario 2: What I do have a problem with is buying games from EB than going back the next day to trade them in for more profit at EB. I don't blame them for banning you. What would you do if you owned a Franchise/business and every day some kid comes in, smiles at you, all the while sticking it to you and basically taking money from your business. Yes there is a loophole, which evidently in your case they have closed.

Scenario 2 is why we see these trade-in deals less and less. People see $$$ and decide to go and rack up hundreds even thousands of dollars of credit and then get pissed when these company's catch you.

I'm no saint, and I have made my share of $$ and gotten my share of practically free games, but personally for me flipping is pretty much stealing. Stealing is wrong, therefore I don't flip.

OK I'm geting off my soap box now.

[quote name='Daddy']I used to say that all the time but ya know what they still do BOGO's and this site has hoarders out the ying yang that scap stuff up on deals just read this thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79164

Point is you snooze you lose...and if they set up deals that backfire well set them up better next time to prevent this stuff. You cant set up a lemonade stand and not expect bugs to attack your stand....come prepared (I think this works better than the rape/steal example...lol)[/quote]

Your grammar is terrible and the only form of grammar you actually use is the ellipses.

I stoped at my EB today to pick-up a Power Drome for $1.99, I needed it to make sure I had 5 sets of 3 to trade in. While I was there I asked the guy about people buying up all the $1.99 and $2.99 and trading them right back in the next day. He told me it kinda helps the numbers for the stores in a weird sort of way.

[quote name='ajh2298']I stoped at my EB today to pick-up a Power Drome for $1.99, I needed it to make sure I had 5 sets of 3 to trade in. While I was there I asked the guy about people buying up all the $1.99 and $2.99 and trading them right back in the next day. He told me it kinda helps the numbers for the stores in a weird sort of way.[/QUOTE]
Not weird at all, really... sure the actual amount of money is important, but as we all know, trades, used game sales, and preorders are their big numbers.

I'm not really a fan of flipping, but I don't really care anymore. There's nothing anyone can do about it, and it's not going to go away. Why not get into the action a little. I would have done what the OP did in a heartbeat, mainly because those are some damn shitty titles no one wants anyways. While you may not agree with that logic, I don't care. I differentiate between a shitty $2 title, and a short-lived sale title that people want, because I've been there.

I don't understand why because a company does something, it's ok for them to do it and a person not to. EB/GS absolutely rapes you on trade-ins, why not get a little back? If they close the loophole, there isn't anything you can do. They absolutely CAN and WILL stop you from trading. They can refuse your business for any reason, and sometimes will. Corporations have all the power. They've provided you with the opportunity to make up earnings on your trades, it should be your right to do so.

But what I will say is that if they had better trade-in prices, they might not have so many people trying to rip them off in return. I've not seen a better system in which the consumer gets the shaft in the video game world.

For the record, I don't think I've ever flipped a game (bought and traded in a short period of time), but I have made money/credit on games before. But they don't want you to make ANY kind of decent return on your games. A game they sell for $17.99 gets your $2.50 in credit? fuck that, and fuck them.

We get excited when they offer us an extra $10 credit on 3? When did this become ok? It must be a good deal because all other times suck. So now the game I bought at $17.99 now gets me $5.83. Thank the maker, because that is such an awesome deal. I think by now everyone knows why I've only traded to them twice in my life. Give the companies who run better deals legitimate good trade-ins and watch EB panic. Support GR and Rhino (even though Blockbuster absolutely SUCKS as a corporation - enjoy these stores while they last) for their good deals, and don't do your business with EB as much as you can...at least with their cash cow - used items. I know everyone can't do this (sometimes that's the only place that has it), but someday they might get the picture.

Eh, don't mind me too much. It's late, and I've pissed myself over the Voter ID thing here (why the fuck is it so hard to show an ID to be able to vote?)

[quote name='help1']Your grammar is terrible and the only form of grammar you actually use is the ellipses.[/quote]

Yeah, most notably is the fact that he needs a few hundred goddamn commas to understand what the fuck he's saying.

again I see no reason why some people get upset that some people actualy get a deal when they flip . Does anyone think about how they sell the games u flip to them for way more than what your getting even when your 'scamming there deals'.

Why cant we just get a specific percentage back on games we buy say a game comes out new for 50 for the first week it should be 40 in credit then 30 the week after then 20 then stay at 20 till the end of the year or a nationwide price drop gamers are getting scammed by the system DAILY.
I cant even own a sport game even tho I love basketball cause its like renting a game for 10 months its worthless.

I know the difference is that GS/EB, etc. are stores and we are not, but aren't all retail stores techinically flipping? They buy games in bulk at a highly discounted price and then turn around and sell them for $50 or $60. I know it's not the same thing, and I realize it does stop some of these deals pre-maturely, but honestly, in the last 6 monhts alone, we've seen the TRU sale, CC sale, and a new GR promo in addition to this EB/GS deal. Obviously flipping and taking advantage of these deals does not stop them completely, so until that happens, which it probably never will, I don't think it's that huge of a deal.

Um.. in caps just to clarify: THERE IS NO BLACKLIST.

Honestly I think that employee just got hip to your scam and decided not to let you trade. We oftentimes forget that we are customers in retail stores, and if the store does not want to do business with us, they do not have to. There is no law stating that EB must accept your trades even if they are legit - they can refuse under any basis and any premise and they do not have to explain themselves.

This is not directed to you OP - but it just infuriates me when people cry foul because a retailer doesn't swallow their bait. Seriously, look up the law before you get all hot and bothered.

[quote name='psiufoxx2']Um.. in caps just to clarify: THERE IS NO BLACKLIST.

Honestly I think that employee just got hip to your scam and decided not to let you trade. We oftentimes forget that we are customers in retail stores, and if the store does not want to do business with us, they do not have to. There is no law stating that EB must accept your trades even if they are legit - they can refuse under any basis and any premise and they do not have to explain themselves.

This is not directed to you OP - but it just infuriates me when people cry foul because a retailer doesn't swallow their bait. Seriously, look up the law before you get all hot and bothered.[/QUOTE]

NOt an "official" blacklist its just one store calls another or 2-4 in the area and spreads your name and what your doin...there is no BLACKLIST in essense though they are tryin stop you like a bad check writer at a grocery store

[quote name='Daddy']NOt an "official" blacklist its just one store calls another or 2-4 in the area and spreads your name and what your doin...there is no BLACKLIST in essense though they are tryin stop you like a bad check writer at a grocery store[/quote]

Were you homeschooled?

[quote name='help1']Were you homeschooled?[/QUOTE]

Yes your mom was my teacher, but no worries I taught her a thing or two. Why dont you stop tyring to jack the thread, I can type however I want its a message board not a spelling bee or grammar school fool.

Anyway flipping frowned upon I can see, but doing trade in deals is legit and they still stopped people from doing that too. EB is stupid like that

[quote name='Daddy']NOt an "official" blacklist its just one store calls another or 2-4 in the area and spreads your name and what your doin...there is no BLACKLIST in essense though they are tryin stop you like a bad check writer at a grocery store[/quote]I do agree with that -- the store clerks could have called around and been like "This guy is ripping us off."

Altogether it seemed to be a worthwhile experiment. You got away with 3 of 4 trades but then EB caught on. I say bravo to you and bravo to the EB team.

Honestly I think that employee just got hip to your scam and decided not to let you trade....they do not have to. There is no law stating that EB must accept your trades even if they are legit - they can refuse under any basis and any premise and they do not have to explain themselves.[/quote]

Blacklist: a list of persons who are disapproved of or are to be punished or boycotted.

I went into EB having never traded the cheapies to that location or employee before. He took one look at the games and asked what my name is. I told him only my first name. He looked in a binder and after I requested him to, he read to me my last name. Definitely blacklisted.

You're 100% correct about EB not required to take my trade. Heck, not only is there no law stating they have to, but they have a nicely-sized sign on the counter saying they have the right to refuse any trades for any reason.

Ahj2298: You actually asked an employee about it?? :lol: You know, his answer about helping numbers is exactly what I was thinking. During one set I traded, the employee told me something to the effect of: "Wow, we're actually losing money on this trade, these games only sell for about $2 each." He said it as an employee should: matter-of-factly with a bit of surprise, but not the least bit of care or regret. This is their deal, they take what they get from it, and they should like it. (if you're wondering what my reply to that was: "It's not really money, it's just credit")

For the record: I won't be contacting anyone re: the situation, since I don't plan on trading in any more games for quite a while and I really don't feel like getting into a morality/policy grudge match with the DM (unless it were in person).

[quote name='psiufoxx2']Altogether it seemed to be a worthwhile experiment. You got away with 4 of 5 trades but then EB caught on. I say bravo to you and bravo to the EB team.[/quote]

Thanks, I couldn't have summed it up better myself (and I can't exactly say "bravo to me", either). I think it was a win/win situation in the end.

Kerig - You handled it well. I have 5 or 6 EB/GS in my region, and they all treat me great. It is a lot more valuable to have the CS like and respect you, than to try force the issue for $5. Even the initial buying and selling I have no problem with. Whenever they asked me to stop, I would politely agree to. :)

Side note: My guys are great. They hold games for me, volunteer to ship games around for me, allow me to go from store to store for the buy 2 get 1 (to mix and match.) I guess it helps that I spend $200-$300 per store when a B2 get 1 shows up.

Moral of the story - Make money. No problem. Make friends - Great benefits.

Matthew

Ugh...I can't believe there are actually GS/EBs with nice people. The other day I was in one and I wanted to get a GBA game that was used and I asked them if they kept the boxes or manuals when they were traded in. The guy responded "It's a videogame. You don't need the box and booklet to play it."

[quote name='TUBAPRO1']Ugh...I can't believe there are actually GS/EBs with nice people. The other day I was in one and I wanted to get a GBA game that was used and I asked them if they kept the boxes or manuals when they were traded in. The guy responded "It's a videogame. You don't need the box and booklet to play it."[/QUOTE]

Ohhhh...thats a challenge...you should be like do you have XBL? We should play a match...school him then be like "Maybe you should have read the manual!"

This is not directed to you OP - but it just infuriates me when people cry foul because a retailer doesn't swallow their bait. Seriously, look up the law before you get all hot and bothered.[/QUOTE]

The flip side of that is a consumer has the right to bitch and complain about being refused service.

EB denying people that trade in too much is a little crappy IMO. They should just put out official written guidelines (i.e. We reserve the right to limit customers to trading in no more than 1 copy of any game within a 60 day time period.) and be done with it. I doubt there'd be much of an outcry on that sort of reg outside of people looking to do this sort of thing.

Frankly the whole thing is a non-issue for me as I greatly prefer cash to EB credit and you can typically do better than EB on ebay.

We got to remember for every person trading in a Power Drome, GT3, and Max Payne set, there might be another 2 people trading in sets of games they might make money on.

I have traded in about 170 games total this week during this promotion and I know for a fact I have traded in just as many good games then crappy ones.

lol

hum.............

just because there is a loophole in the policy, it doesn't justify you abusing it.[/quote]

Of course I would, considering trading in games to a company that rips thousans of people off everyday and raping is similiar.

-_- I love the terrible analogies some CAGs have.

[quote name='ajh2298']We got to remember for every person trading in a Power Drome, GT3, and Max Payne set, there might be another 2 people trading in sets of games they might make money on.

I have traded in about 170 games total this week during this promotion and I know for a fact I have traded in just as many good games then crappy ones.[/QUOTE]

And don't forget, there's plenty of people trading in 1 or 2 games, or some amount that is not a multiple of 3 - and they are getting screwed out of the bonus (or at least part of it). Really, it is only those 3 games they will lose money on. The rest will still be priced at more than they give in credit (not that they will necessarily sell at that price of course). I don't feel bad at all for getting $3.33 on top of their crappy trade-in prices :D.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Some peoples time is worth this.

• Gas to go to EB twice a day, or at least once.
  • Time to hunt for old crappy games
  • Time to plan this scheme.
This hardly seems worth the 8 bucks a day. Get a real job and make 8 bucks in an hour, and you dont have to be a douche or get blacklisted from EB.[/QUOTE]

Buhahahaha- no doubt- awesome

LOL This kind of exploitation of the system reminds me of the 6-8 copies of Powerdrome Racing that I swapped to FYE for between 8-12 dollars each in credit.

Guess where I got those games, on my Edge Card no less, no tax +10% off....

Finding loopholes is the hard part, making all the credit to get the stuff you really want is the fun part.

And, I owe alot of these loophole finds to CAG.

Thanks to the OP, my EB/GS stores are about to swallow a glut of their own copies of Powerdrome,etc. Well, all the ones I didn't already trade away to FYE for my slim PStwo credit.

What I laugh at is how I exploited the trade values of certain cheap games I bought from EB/GS on my EDGE card and swapped to FYE. I got a PStwo slim with the credit from the running around.

So, flipping is a good thing, if done for a single solitary end, but just to amass massive amounts of credit to use 'later', it ruins it for everyone admittedly.

Although, I may try one or two of these game combos to my local EB/GS later today, I'll laugh if they try to deny me for the condition, when it came from their crap stores in the first place.

That part alone of the OPs original post made me laugh, them denying a copy of the one games because it was 'too scratched' and had to be resurfaced.

Bro, you should start going in with obvious disguises on just to fuck with them and create scenes. That would be fucking hilarious. For example, go in with one of those $1 big nose glasses like humpty used to wear. Then, get like a blue wig and go again. Man, that shit would be classic. Shit, I'd fly there just to tape it.

bread's done
Back