I Hate Ebayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

dreamvsps2

CAGiversary!
man i sold my xbox bundle for $170 ( xbox and 8 games and some other crap) and i get a message from the guy asking me if i could not accept it. he says he doesn't want it now.
he has 4 positive feedback while i have over 50.
what should i do?

i told him that he HAS to pay.

Tell him he owes you fees at least, call him a bitch, give him negative feedback somehow, and complain to eBay.

You can send him a bag of donkey shit in the mail but that might be over kill.

Just leave him negative feedback and move on. You're stuck with the fees, those are your responsibility, the re$$$$$$ shouldn't have to pay you anything.

Or if nothing else, file a mutual agreement through eBay to cancel the transaction. eBay refunds you the fees, and no negative feedback or unpaid buyer strikes are issued. It's almost as though the listing never happened. I've asked a couple of buyers with the same request to agree to it so that I could get my fees back. They've never had a problem. If you do that, just make sure you explain to the buyer that no negative feedback will be left nor will an unpaid buyer stike be issued. It's just to get the fees reimbursed for listing the auction.

It's no big deal. Just go to file an unpaid item report and make sure to choose the option for "mutually agree to cancel the transaction". Then, eBay will send the buyer an email. Explain the situation to the buyer like I said above and inform him that eBay will be sending him an email regarding it and if he would, to read over it and agree to it. As soon as he clicks the "agree" link in the eBay email you get fees back. Takes 5 minutes, not that big of a hassle.

im so pissed right now.
the money is really needed and i already payed for the shipping label ( $ 35+)

man

[quote name='dreamvsps2']im so pissed right now.

man[/QUOTE]

Where'd you get the label? If it's through PayPal, they allow you to cancel the postage within a certain time frame and get your money back.

[quote name='dreamvsps2']im so pissed right now.

man[/QUOTE]

Why would you buy the postage before the guy even paid you?

you can still leave feedback if you go thru the mutual agreement not to go thru with the sale. I got positive feedback from a guy that way - he won an auction of mine but didn't read the requirements, so we backed out and both got +'s.

[quote name='omicron']File a warning and then get the final fees refunded. The insertion fees cannot be gotten back.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you won't be able to get the insertion fees back, but if you relist it and it sells, eBay will reimburse you for the insertion fees of the second listing, which means you pay only one set of insertion fees even though there were two listings.

General requirements for the credit

- You must relist the item within 90 days of the closing date of the original listing.
- Only the first relisting of an item is eligible. Subsequent relistings of the same item do not qualify.
- Both the original listing and the relisting must be in Online Auction or Fixed Price format (not Store Inventory format or Real Estate Advertisement).
- Both the original listing and the relisting must be single-quantity (not Multiple Item or "Dutch").
- The starting price you set for the relisted item must not be greater than that of the original listing.
- The relisted item must not have a reserve price if the original listing didn't have one. If it did, the reserve price you set for the relisted item must not be greater than that of the original listing.
- The relisted item must end with a winning buyer. If the item doesn't sell the second time, the Insertion Fee is not refunded.
- Qualifying Unpaid Items that are relisted and close successfully will receive a standard relist credit automatically if the item is relisted and sells. Read more on the Unpaid Item Process.

So... why do you hate eBay? Shouldn't you hate the buyer?

I'm no fan of eBay's policies but at the same time, I use it all the time and am usually happy.

fuck that he has to pay. Go to his house and make him pay or take something from his house worth the value of your airfare and the ebay fee plus you hotel bill. Their is a way for buyer to contact you cause some lady called me once from ebay pissing and moaning. I also had a guy contact me after an auction ended and said that his wife found the item he was bidding on a PC gamepad. He asked if just could pay my fees for me I said okay. He sent me 2 bucks in cash through the mail after all of the fees it was only like 94 cents. So I kept the change and relisted it. However if the buyer is not willing to pay the fees contact ebay and kick his ass liked mentioned above.

It's way to easy to sign up for a bidding account on Ebay so they have way to many fake bidders..... I'm to the point where every auction I list now is BIN with immediate payment required......

As has been mentioned you get your FVF refunded after you go through the NPB process (and that's generally the lion share of all your fees.) I wouldn't do a mutual agreement to not go through with the sale since you DO want to go through with the sale. Do the NPB process and stick him with a NPB strike. (Once he gets three he is gone from eBay.)

You could try asking the buyer to cover your fees, but the only ones you can't get back are any upgrades (gallery, bold, etc) as you can get the insertion fee back when you relist. If you didn't buy any upgrades you can get 100% of your fees back assuming it sells when you relist.

Hopefully you paid for the postage label somewhere that lets you void it and get a refund. I think you have to do that within 24 hours on some places (that is PayPal's policy anyway) so don't dick around with that. But really buying the label before you got paid was dumb, can't expect the buyer to be responsible for that.

I second wubb's comments. DO NOT do the mutual withdrawl. Many ebayers have not clue and will screw you, by saying "no, I WANT to complete the transaction, but I CAN'T right now" and you're screwed. Had it happen to me. Just do the non-paying bidder thing and let it go.

i backed out of a few sales thought the years i was on ebay but I at least told the buyer i would pay for his fees and then some if it was a high price item. even if it was a low price item i give them the fees

Low price

I paid them.. Their listing fees + final vaule fees + relist fee

High price item

the above and i tossed in between 1-5 bucks

i do the same if someone had a major problem and they cant pay i go Just pay me all my fees and move on... so tell them to at least pay your fees

[quote name='browneyedgal68']I second wubb's comments. DO NOT do the mutual withdrawl. Many ebayers have not clue and will screw you, by saying "no, I WANT to complete the transaction, but I CAN'T right now" and you're screwed. Had it happen to me. Just do the non-paying bidder thing and let it go.[/QUOTE]
I third wubbs comments, and if the second highest bidder had an offer you wanted, screw relisting it, sell it to the 2nd highest bidder

[quote name='Vinny']So... why do you hate eBay? Shouldn't you hate the buyer?
[/QUOTE]

Because ebay doesn't really do much to discourage NPBs, you have to have 3 strikes to get booted and even then creating a new account is pretty simple.

i also have a problem with ebay
i won multiple auction from one guy with feed back in the thousands send money order. a week later i ask him if he received the MO but no reply. another week later no reply and i havn't received anything in the mail yet. what can I do?

[quote name='[email protected]']i also have a problem with ebay
i won multiple auction from one guy with feed back in the thousands send money order. a week later i ask him if he received the MO but no reply. another week later no reply and i havn't received anything in the mail yet. what can I do?[/QUOTE]

Can't you report the money order as lost or stolen to the post office. If it's already been cashed, then I'm not sure what would happen. But then at least you know that the seller didn't come through with his end of the sale and you can report to ebay.

[quote name='[email protected]']i also have a problem with ebay
i won multiple auction from one guy with feed back in the thousands send money order. a week later i ask him if he received the MO but no reply. another week later no reply and i havn't received anything in the mail yet. what can I do?[/QUOTE]

You can check and see if the MO was cashed, if not get your money back. Otherwise file a complaint with ebay.

Ok, emailed him again asking him if he wants to pay or not. If not, I will leave him bad feedback and report him to ebay ( just to scare him) . He said that thanks to me being so non professional he feels really angry and he will pay for it when he feels like it.

WTF?
he is angry?
He bought it, now he has to pay, am I right?
i should be the angry one and i am.

I alos put it on 2nd offer but he doesnt want it. I will put it on ebay again, if nobody buys it again, I will leave him bad feedback.

[quote name='dreamvsps2']Ok, emailed him again asking him if he wants to pay or not. If not, I will leave him bad feedback and report him to ebay ( just to scare him) . He said that thanks to me being so non professional he feels really angry and he will pay for it when he feels like it.

WTF?
he is angry?
He bought it, now he has to pay, am I right?
i should be the angry one and i am.

I alos put it on 2nd offer but he doesnt want it. I will put it on ebay again, if nobody buys it again, I will leave him bad feedback.[/QUOTE]

Don't put it on eBay again that way - do unpaid bidder/relist so you get your fees back if it sells again

bread's done
Back