I hate gamestop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GogetaSS4

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (100%)
I recently purchased Ghostbusters for the Xbox 360 from Gamestop.com and so I get it and I don't have time to play it for 2 days because of work and when I do open it and put it in. It is completely unplayable, scratched to hell and has a big gouge on the bottom of the disc! Why in the heck would they bother sending a game that badly damaged, without at least trying to resurface it or something before selling it..... I am going to try and exchange it at my local gamestop. And if the one closests to me won't take it I will take it to another one. I am so pissed off.

OP, they'll do an exchange for you if it's within 30 days, so you've got nothing to worry about.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GogetaSS4']Okay thanks and ya I thought he was being pretty rude as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that kid's just some troll. He seems to crap on every thread he posts in, so I just put him on ignore.

Back to the OP. Just go exchange it for a new one since it's defective. If not, take advantage of the seven day used game policy and just return it. Though, I'm sure they'd rather swap out your disc instead of having a customer return one of their shit show games.

Last edited by a moderator:
from now on get the game and try to install it to hard drive the second you get home. if you dont get 100% go back and return it. that is what you do.

[quote name='GogetaSS4']So what can I do? I really wanted to play it.[/QUOTE]

DEFINITELY DON'T READ THE RECEIPT OR LOOK UP THEIR RETURN POLICY. JUST POST ON CAG ABOUT IT. :roll:

jeez

[quote name='ninja dog']DEFINITELY DON'T READ THE RECEIPT OR LOOK UP THEIR RETURN POLICY. JUST POST ON CAG ABOUT IT. :roll:

jeez[/QUOTE]
I think he was more looking for other peoples similar experiences with something like this, way to be an a$$ though :applause:

That's why I don't order from Gamestop online store. Yes I can exchange, but I rather not deal with the hassle. But I guess its easier for me to not have to shop online since I have 5 Gamestops around me, so I can pretty much find used copies of most games I want.

I was in EBgames yesterday (same thing as gamestop if you didn't know) and noticed a few things. Amped 3 the snowboarding game for the 360 is $30... it was a launch title. SFIV is $30 new and $50 new. Oh, and everytime a sequel is announced the price on the original goes up, I've seen this happen with Uncharted ($15 ->$40) Halo 1-2 ($9 ->$20) Gears of War ($20->$40)

There isn't really any other place for me to buy games, Wal-mart sucks for that, so I just have to soldier on through.

the only thing you can do is to go in store and exchange for another copy, or return it period. They will have to honor the 30 day guarantee, it was never a problem for me. In the future, if possible, always buy in store as they will let you look at the disc before buying. You could also ask them if it's complete as well.

You have to really wonder how a relatively new game like this could already be damaged that badly. It sounds like the family dog got to it.

I bought like 20 games during their 25% off sale online, got them and all but 3 were scratched so bad I didn't even want to bother testing them. I called them up and they said I could return but didn't say I had to pay shipping until I asked about it.

Ended up returning all but 2 games to a local GameStop. Felt bad for the employee, there was alot of people, he was the only one working, and he had to read the manual as he had never done a return for an online order. He told me that they send the defective games to Grape Vine, TX (where my games come from) because that is where they are supposed to "fix" them, but he said they are usually sent games so bad, he had no clue what they could possibly do to fix them, lol.

Don't buy off GameStop.com, simple as that.

[quote name='DunckTheFunk']I was in EBgames yesterday (same thing as gamestop if you didn't know) and noticed a few things. Amped 3 the snowboarding game for the 360 is $30... it was a launch title. SFIV is $30 new and $50 new. Oh, and everytime a sequel is announced the price on the original goes up, I've seen this happen with Uncharted ($15 ->$40) Halo 1-2 ($9 ->$20) Gears of War ($20->$40)

There isn't really any other place for me to buy games, Wal-mart sucks for that, so I just have to soldier on through.[/QUOTE]
Ouch dude, you got some expensive Gamstop's. I know GOW is $20 new in Target's reduced games section (Platinum Hits i think...) I don't shop much at Gamestop, but They aren't that bad here in Jersey.

[quote name='ninja dog']DEFINITELY DON'T READ THE RECEIPT OR LOOK UP THEIR RETURN POLICY. JUST POST ON CAG ABOUT IT. :roll:

jeez[/QUOTE]

:rofl: Best advice I ever heard.

[quote name='blissskr']I think he was more looking for other peoples similar experiences with something like this, way to be an a$$ though :applause:[/QUOTE]

no he wasn't. he was asking what to do with his scratched game. I will be an ass, 'cause it's annoying to see people who can't seem to solve really simple problems on their own and who would rather bitch about it on a forum first :cool:

[quote name='ShadowHero10']Ouch dude, you got some expensive Gamstop's. I know GOW is $20 new in Target's reduced games section (Platinum Hits i think...) I don't shop much at Gamestop, but They aren't that bad here in Jersey.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me? I haven't been in a Gamestop here in Jersey yet that didn't have at least one douchebag employee. (Unless you're speaking strictly about price, in which case I assume all gamestops have the same prices).

What REALLY peeves me is when you buy a game from Gamestop and it's scratched to hell, but it plays so you shrug it off and keep it. Then later you decide to trade it in, and what do you get? A fuckING REFURB FEE. Outstanding.

Edit: What happened to the shaqfu icon? lol

[quote name='ninja dog']no he wasn't. he was asking what to do with his scratched game. I will be an ass, 'cause it's annoying to see people who can't seem to solve really simple problems on their own and who would rather bitch about it on a forum first :cool:[/QUOTE]
leave him alone, man. thats his way of networking, lol.

[quote name='blissskr']I think he was more looking for other peoples similar experiences with something like this, way to be an a$$ though :applause:[/QUOTE]
If he's like me, he's sick of people not doing research on their own before asking for help.

jeez[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a plan to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back