I hate Michigan

Morrigan Lover

CAGiversary!
I just turned 25, and I called to renew my auto insurance and they informed me my insurance rates will be going up $500/year over my Ohio insurance I had when I was 16-24. Everybody told me auto insurance goes down when you turn 25. I hate this state.

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']I just turned 25, and I called to renew my auto insurance and they informed me my insurance rates will be going up $500/year over my Ohio insurance I had when I was 16-24. Everybody told me auto insurance goes down when you turn 25. I hate this state.[/QUOTE]

Come live in NJ, THEN we'll talk car insurance.

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']I just turned 25, and I called to renew my auto insurance and they informed me my insurance rates will be going up $500/year over my Ohio insurance I had when I was 16-24. Everybody told me auto insurance goes down when you turn 25. I hate this state.[/QUOTE]

And this is the reason i learned to ride the bus. as soon as my car insurance runs out in the next month, i will be bussing everywhere.

hHnestly, the cost of a car, repairs, plus the incredible cost of gas, has gotten so out of hand that i can't find a reason owning a car is worth it anymore.

Least when i take the bus, i can get personal with my DS and PSP.

I hate Michigan too. Who does it think it is, all two parts and leeching off of Wisconsin? You get a job, Upper Peninsula Michigan!

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Come live in NJ, THEN we'll talk car insurance.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. I'm about to get a new car and I dread to see my car insurance quotes. That's Jersey for ya.

Dude, I live in Livonia and I am 23. I was excited about turning 25 for less on the insurance. Now you have broken my distant hope.

I think it would be more wise then to hate insurance companies. IMO, they are the biggest crooks that have a job that is consider legitamate.

I think this has less to do with you being in Michigan and more to do with you being from Ohio, personally. We don't take kindly to your type around here. ;)

I'd defend Michigan from you guys, but I'm not quite energetic enough. That said, Detroit isn't nearly as bad as the stereotypes make it out to be, and if you don't like the auto companies, don't drive their cars.

[quote name='6669']I hate Texas.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I hate Texas! :lol:

I like visiting my cousins but damn that place sucks. Houston, Dallas, it doesn't matter: Texas is a huge mass of awful.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Hey, I hate Texas! :lol:

I like visiting my cousins but damn that place sucks. Houston, Dallas, it doesn't matter: Texas is a huge mass of awful.[/QUOTE]

Try San Antonio. Its 100 degrees here, and I cant enjoy doing anything outside. Its still 90 degrees at nighttime. The only place in this state that I could ever enjoy being in is Austin.

[quote name='6669']Try San Antonio. Its 100 degrees here, and I cant enjoy doing anything outside. Its still 90 degrees at nighttime. The only place in this state that I could ever enjoy being in is Austin.[/QUOTE]

It's not just the weather, it's the people too. Not that there aren't some cool ones (like you and Led).

And another thing, I went down to visit family on the 4th, and paid $2.25/gallon for gas in Michigan for the way down, and paid $1.99/gallon for gas in Ohio on the way up. They say the extra taxes are for extra road maintenence, but Michigan has got to have the shitiest roads in the country.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']It's not just the weather, it's the people too. Not that there aren't some cool ones (like you and Led).[/QUOTE]
Yeah, people cant drive here. I could put the blame on one particular race but then I'd be insulting us (partially).

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']And another thing, I went down to visit family on the 4th, and paid $2.25/gallon for gas in Michigan for the way down, and paid $1.99/gallon for gas in Ohio on the way up. They say the extra taxes are for extra road maintenence, but Michigan has got to have the shitiest roads in the country.[/QUOTE]
My friend is from Michigan. He said whenever he was broke/hungry, they'd just go looking for cans and they'd cash them in. But he also said that it made vending machines cost more to get a soda.

[quote name='jeffispiked']Oh, so that's why my father hates Ohio so much now.

Muck Fichigan[/QUOTE]

If he smokes more than a few packs, then more than likely. It's almost 3 bucks or more a pack now with the recent tax hike.

[quote name='6669']Yeah, people cant drive here. I could put the blame on one particular race but then I'd be insulting us (partially).[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Reality's Fringe]If he smokes more than a few packs said:
Is this really a bad thing, though?

The state needs the money, and killing yourself with cigarettes is a dumb thing to do in any case. If this can dissuade a few people from starting or encourage a few to quit, it's done more good than harm.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Is this really a bad thing, though?

The state needs the money, and killing yourself with cigarettes is a dumb thing to do in any case. If this can dissuade a few people from starting or encourage a few to quit, it's done more good than harm.[/QUOTE]

Little Debbie makes people fat, so why not tax that tasty little bitch? The problem lies in the fact that, rather than change the flaws in Ohio's funding methods (especially its school funding), there's just another vice tax. Throwing money at a problem doesn't solve it unless there's sound planning behind it, and from what I've seen the plan is "Hope we get enough money".

Oklahomas worse than all states mentioned above. The moment I stepped outta the car beads of sweat started running like crazy, and for some retarded reason half the places I visited didn't have air conditioning, or didn't feel it was necessary to turn it on yet. Middle of July! What the hell were they waiting for!

Thats it! All 50 states suck! We all agree. Where are our free HDTVs, High-End Computers and sweet cars? The Government owes us... j/k

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']And another thing, I went down to visit family on the 4th, and paid $2.25/gallon for gas in Michigan for the way down, and paid $1.99/gallon for gas in Ohio on the way up. They say the extra taxes are for extra road maintenence, but Michigan has got to have the shitiest roads in the country.[/QUOTE]

It's $2.32 in RI.... Damn I'm glad I'm going to college in Ohio.

what are/were you paying during the 16-24 period? how many claims, accidents etc did you have?

Well if you hate it so much how about you all leave it. That way it'll be easier for me to get my clearance games at TRU, CC and Target

[quote name='jmcc']I hate Michigan too. Who does it think it is, all two parts and leeching off of Wisconsin? You get a job, Upper Peninsula Michigan![/QUOTE]

Hey man, at least OUR state actually looks like a mitten ;)

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']Hey man, at least OUR state actually looks like a mitten ;)[/QUOTE]
Our state looks like a heart! Michigan sucks! Go Buckeyes!

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Will use said "mitten" to rip out and crush said "heart" :whistle2:*[/QUOTE]
It looks more like you're sticking said mitten up Canada's ass to keep warm. ;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It looks more like you're sticking said mitten up Canada's ass to keep warm. ;)[/QUOTE]

oi... so it does, but really do we need to go around advertising that?

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']oi... so it does, but really do we need to go around advertising that?[/QUOTE]
What's better than that advertisement? :lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It looks more like you're sticking said mitten up Canada's ass to keep warm. ;)[/QUOTE]
That'd be more likely to make us colder...

Texas is indeed hot as hell. It sucks because you can't do anything fun outdoors. You are pretty much limited to any place that has air conditioning.

I haven't had a problem with many people here in Texas, although Texas does have its share of assholes. I guess living here makes you immune or something.

There are some nice places in Texas, such as Austin, like 6669 said. San Antonio is OK, too, when the weather is nice.

I really didn't like it in Houston, though. I go there once in a while on vacation to catch a ballgame, but it's hot and the drivers are horrible there. Plus, the new ballpark there sucks (what was wrong with the Astrodome?!).

Texas does have some terrible drivers, though. I'm sure that most can agree on that. Corpus Christi especially has crappy drivers. That is the main complaint around here. That, and that there isn't much for anyone around here.

[quote name='kaw']I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO.[/QUOTE]

Good call, maybe your car insurance company just sucks

bread's done
Back