I hate Rita. Dexter rant

Diosoth

CAGiversary!
I hate the character. She's basically manipulative and controlling, all wrapped up in this innocent little southern girl mask.

She started this in season 2. Dexter gets her abusive husband back in prison, and she finds excuses to complain upon learning of what he did. Then it degenerated into this "you're not normal, you must be on drugs" thing. No one really blamed Dexter for cheating on her.

Season 3... she gets pregnant. Given what she went through with Paul, I have to suspect Rita did this on purpose. I'm actually starting to suspect Paul became abusive and violent because Rita no doubt did this with him and drove him insane. Not that he was totally balanced, since she married a drug addict. So she got pregnant and tried to lay it all on Dexter's feet.He suddenly thinks that a family is what he wants, so he marries her.

AND NOW this season. Dexter is expected to be totally 100% honest with NO wants or desires in the relationship, and to just agree to everything Rita wants. She finds out he lied- even if it was to protect her- and she panics.

As I see it, the character basically trapped Dexter into this relationship and doesn't like it when he wants to do anything. Dexter said that he would never want to lose them, but somehow I get the feeling that, come the season finale, Rita will be out of the picture. If she behaves like this over Dex keeping his old apartment, she will NOT accept him being a killer.

There's also Deb, who rants and screams whenever Dexter even so much as QUESTIONS Harry, even though she's admitted to being a complete failure in everything she does. Now, the audience knows Harry was a scumbag who only took Dexter in because it was probably his fault that Dexter's mother was killed.

What is the deal with this show and the hypocrite characters? But having once dated a woman like that, I know the writers are not just making this up. Some people feel as if they can do what they please while playing "morality nanny" to those around them.

Yeah, she sucks this season. Showing up at his work. Not letting him get any sleep and shit.

Did he even cheat on her? Weren't he and Rita seperated when he was with that crazy lady?

^lol

I don't like her all that much for the reasons the op named but at the same time I do because the effect it has on Dexter. I laugh my ass off how he tries to juggle married life and a killer. I love to live vicariously though married people too, so much fun.

I pretty much hate Rita and Deb too. Rita's soft, mousey voice is beyond annoying and Deb needs to put her gun into her crooked mouth.

bread's done
Back