I HATE the Next-Gen

slimpip

CAGiversary!
I just spent $189 on 3 games... THREE! I feel so lame.

For those interested I bought: PD0 ($50), COD2 ($60), and Madden ($60). I wanted to get PGR3 as well today, but I think I'll wait til this purchase stops burning (aka next week).

I HATE YOU NEXT GEN!! fuck

haha @ paying money for games.. I have no job and i've done trade-in deals and have 6 360 games on preorder.. you have much to learn, my young padawan

Just ask yourself is it really worth not waiting a few months a pick up the game cheaper?

They have alot of cheap game compilations (midway arcade/capcom/megaman collectors).

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I've gotten Condemned, Kameo, Madden and COD2 so far for only .33. Trade in's.[/QUOTE]

Wow that's fucking awesome. Good job man... I wish I had stuff to trade in. But sadly I don't. I'm picking up Need For Speed Most Wanted and maybe CoD2 in an hour before I have to go to work (overnight).

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I've gotten Condemned, Kameo, Madden and COD2 so far for only .33. Trade in's.[/QUOTE]

So .33 cents PLUS how much you paid for your trade ins ;)

[quote name='Scahom1']So .33 cents PLUS how much you paid for your trade ins ;)[/QUOTE]
I don't like to think of it that way, since all the games I traded in were never going to get anymore play time anyways.

I got Kameo for next to nothing thanks to Dead to Rights 2 at GR, and bought PD0 for $30 at Game Crazy with a trade-in.

[quote name='slimpip']I just spent $189 on 3 games... THREE! I feel so lame.

For those interested I bought: PD0 ($50), COD2 ($60), and Madden ($60). I wanted to get PGR3 as well today, but I think I'll wait til this purchase stops burning (aka next week).

I HATE YOU NEXT GEN!! fuck[/QUOTE]

You pay a lot of tax.

But seriously how old are you? I remember paying 60-70 a piece for games, occasionally more. For all my complaints about modern games, the price is hardly one of them.

Yes I do have a shit load to learn about the trade-in tricks. But, I can feel something... telling me what to do. --- I won't fail you. I'm not afraid. (my lame attepmt at Star Wars quotes :cold: )

[quote name='Brak']... then why did you pay $189 for next-gen games?[/QUOTE]

Because they were screaming my name. Just begging me to break their virgin seal and code.

[quote name='zionoverfire']You spent money on Madden, there's the real problem.[/QUOTE]

Got to make money off the roomies somehow :D

[quote name='alonzomourning23']You pay a lot of tax.

But seriously how old are you? I remember paying 60-70 a piece for games, occasionally more. For all my complaints about modern games, the price is hardly one of them.[/QUOTE]

I live 10 mins outside Chicago and sales tax is 7.75%.

I'm 20, so back in the day (SNES and Genesis) I was getting my games from my parents and grandparents for birthdays and Christmas presents (My grandparents had the NES at their house, and stacked up on games for my cousins and me, it was like a little arcade). I started to work with my dad before I was 16, so I was making money and able to buy games for PS1 and DC, but I never recall a game being over $50.

I guess the real problem is that it IS the 360 launch, and all these good games are just clustered together. And the thing is, this is turning out to be one of the best launches....ever (not as good as the DC launch though). I just hope they don't have this extreme shortage of good games from now until 2Q 2006 (My wallet says different though :D)

I'm only getting one Xbox 360 game, and I'm spending the rest of my money on all the games on the BC list that I never played, because there are some great ones, and they can be had for about $10 a piece.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Dude, I remember Super Street Fighter for SNES was $75.99[/QUOTE]

Indeed sir.

Chrono Trigger was 75 when I bought it also.

50 is nothing.

Yeah, Street Fighter 2 for the SNES was $85 when it dropped...How bout some Neo Geo....Try $200 a game, now that was a next gen pricing structure...Seriously though we're headed back to that territory with the jump to xbox 360...If we're willing to pay to play...Then they will continue to ramp up the price

OP and others who overpaid for 360 titles you obviously did not check here first. On the 22nd Target is offering a Buy 2 get $20 off the third. Bestbuy has 360 coupons there handing out on launch; one coupon is for $10 off of $29.99+. Though you all payed big bucks I think you will be happy with what you get in return. I've played some Kameo today on my 360 and can't wait to pick up more titles.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I'm only getting one Xbox 360 game, and I'm spending the rest of my money on all the games on the BC list that I never played, because there are some great ones, and they can be had for about $10 a piece.[/QUOTE]
That's probably what i'll do whenever I do get and Xbox 360.

I guess you'd have to consider the price you pay for the games you trade in, but when you trade them in you don't. I traded in alot a games for 360 games. I played them, got my moneys worth, and instead of them just sitting on the shelf, they can be of even more use for me.

bread's done
Back