I have $300 in pocket for a ps3 super slim 500gb bundle...

nevermore2782

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
should I just go buy one and start enjoying or wait to see if some price drop is announced on Feb 20? (according to rumors on various sites) It is just a couple of days after all. For what it's worth, I'll be buying from best buy, so if I did buy a bundle, and the price did drop, I'd probably be able to get the difference back if I brought in my receipt in. What do you guys think?

[quote name='mrcheeses']Wait for PS4[/QUOTE]

This ^^. Or at least wait for the Feb 20th PlayStation Event and see what is announced. If you're willing to spend $300 now, might as well save it and add another $100-200 (possibly, we'll see) for the PS4.

I'm looking to replace my ps3 i had to sell during a particularly tough time with money last year, but i'm all good now. I'm reading that its likely that the ps4 won't play ps3 discs...so i know i want a ps3 anyway...and by late 2013 early 2014 when the ps4 is out - i'll be ready for that as well...im just hearing its possible that ps3s will go down once again in cost with an announcement on the 20th. Either way, the 20th isn't long to wait until..let's see what gets announced.

Why not grab the upcoming scarlet red one (GOW bundle) next month? It looks like a snazzy pick-up if those games appeal to you. Otherwise, just get the system now. I'm pretty confident the PS3 will not see a pricedrop if the PS4 does not support backward compatibility.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Why not grab the upcoming scarlet red one (GOW bundle) next month? It looks like a snazzy pick-up if those games appeal to you. Otherwise, just get the system now. I'm pretty confident the PS3 will not see a pricedrop if the PS4 does not support backward compatibility.[/QUOTE]

Get GOW Bundle!!!!!!!

[quote name='nevermore2782']should I just go buy one and start enjoying or wait to see if some price drop is announced on Feb 20? (according to rumors on various sites) It is just a couple of days after all. For what it's worth, I'll be buying from best buy, so if I did buy a bundle, and the price did drop, I'd probably be able to get the difference back if I brought in my receipt in. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

Easy. Go to GameStop. Buy it add the Replacement plan. When the ps4 has a launch date. Preorder it. Two week before it come out. Go back to GameStop make up a story. Then u get a replace ps3 new in box. Go back to a different GameStop and return it back on a gift card. And now u just have to pay the different. So if u pay 300 for ur ps3 plus whatever taxes and the 50 dollars plan u get everything but not the 50.

[quote name='Bxnextel']Easy. Go to GameStop. Buy it add the Replacement plan. When the ps4 has a launch date. Preorder it. Two week before it come out. Go back to GameStop make up a story. Then u get a replace ps3 new in box. Go back to a different GameStop and return it back on a gift card. And now u just have to pay the different. So if u pay 300 for ur ps3 plus whatever taxes and the 50 dollars plan u get everything but not the 50.[/QUOTE]

I'm so glad we promote fraud. :applause:

Where's the ban hammer when you need it?

[quote name='Bxnextel']Easy. Go to GameStop. Buy it add the Replacement plan. When the ps4 has a launch date. Preorder it. Two week before it come out. Go back to GameStop make up a story. Then u get a replace ps3 new in box. Go back to a different GameStop and return it back on a gift card. And now u just have to pay the different. So if u pay 300 for ur ps3 plus whatever taxes and the 50 dollars plan u get everything but not the 50.[/QUOTE]

No matter how scummy GS may be, this type of shit is not cool.

To the OP, as others have mentioned I'd wait another 2 day days before buying any console.

Potential for price drops, new console announcements, other bundles, etc.

Genius_meme.jpeg

[quote name='jmbreci']I'm so glad we promote fraud. :applause:

Where's the ban hammer when you need it?[/QUOTE]

How is this fraud. It called a replacement plan. U say it does not work they give another one and then u return it. I have even ask gs workers and they say yes it will work. That why u pay the 50 bucks.
I buy a ps3. A year later it get the ylod I go to GameStop. Hey my ps3 got the ylod and I need a replacement. Gs say okay sir u have a replacement plan. Yes I do. Okay even exchange. I go to my car. I got a brand ps3. Now I don't want it. I go to another GameStop and return it.

[quote name='nevermore2782']I'm looking to replace my ps3 i had to sell during a particularly tough time with money last year, but i'm all good now. I'm reading that its likely that the ps4 won't play ps3 discs...so i know i want a ps3 anyway...and by late 2013 early 2014 when the ps4 is out - i'll be ready for that as well...im just hearing its possible that ps3s will go down once again in cost with an announcement on the 20th. Either way, the 20th isn't long to wait until..let's see what gets announced.[/QUOTE]

Yes from what I'm reading both the PS4 and Xbox 3 are not going to be backwards compatible because they are switching processors to AMD x86 CPUs. That means the only backwards compatibility would be to include the older chip or do it all in software. I doubt either will include the older processors and emulation software is not very good typically.

It's really crazy that the PS3 is still $250 or $300. I can't believe how slow the price is coming down.

[quote name='Bxnextel']How is this fraud. It called a replacement plan. U say it does not work they give another one and then u return it. I have even ask gs workers and they say yes it will work. That why u pay the 50 bucks.
I buy a ps3. A year later it get the ylod I go to GameStop. Hey my ps3 got the ylod and I need a replacement. Gs say okay sir u have a replacement plan. Yes I do. Okay even exchange. I go to my car. I got a brand ps3. Now I don't want it. I go to another GameStop and return it.[/QUOTE]

Ummm if you return the PS3 and get cash back or store credit rather than another console I would say it's fraud unless the replacement plan says you can have cash rather than another console.

[quote name='nevermore2782']should I just go buy one and start enjoying or wait to see if some price drop is announced on Feb 20? (according to rumors on various sites) It is just a couple of days after all. For what it's worth, I'll be buying from best buy, so if I did buy a bundle, and the price did drop, I'd probably be able to get the difference back if I brought in my receipt in. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

I would at least wait until the Feb. 20th announcement to see what Sony says is happening. What if the PS4 for some miracle is fully backwards compatible and only $399! I find this very very unlikely but you never know.

[quote name='Indiana']I would at least wait until the Feb. 20th announcement to see what Sony says is happening. What if the PS4 for some miracle is fully backwards compatible and only $399! I find this very very unlikely but you never know.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, definitely wait a couple of days to see if you:

1. Want to wait for PS4 if it's backwards compatible and in your budget.

2. If there are any PS3 price drops or sales after the PS4 announcement.

[quote name='Bxnextel']How is this fraud. It called a replacement plan. U say it does not work they give another one and then u return it. I have even ask gs workers and they say yes it will work. That why u pay the 50 bucks.
I buy a ps3. A year later it get the ylod I go to GameStop. Hey my ps3 got the ylod and I need a replacement. Gs say okay sir u have a replacement plan. Yes I do. Okay even exchange. I go to my car. I got a brand ps3. Now I don't want it. I go to another GameStop and return it.[/QUOTE]

I can't tell if you are trolling or are just plain stupid....
If you lie and say a system does not work and return it (but it does still work) that is FRAUD. :roll:
The GameStop I work at would test the system anyway so you would be stopped dead in your tracks in regards to trying to return your non-broken system.

HOC - thank you for stopping me from calling someone stupid. :)

I would only add the question "Is a Ponzi scheme fraud?" Same thing with what Mr Newbie suggested.

Yes on waiting until the announcement...heck, I'd wait a few more days. Trying to remember if it was the next weekend after the PS3 announcement that the PS2 dropped....maybe that was the Xbox.

So now that PS4 is officially announced and no PS3 backwards compatibility; who would buy a PS3? Unless you already have PS3 games on the shelf? Where is the price drop Sony?

I picked up the White super slim, I already had 2 PS3's but I could not resist the sexy white color. Oh well at least I will always have a few backups.

bread's done
Back