I have a concern about a bidder

moo

CAGiversary!
I have an auction on a sealed game and someone created a new ebay account today and has bid up to $61 on it so far.

Should I be weary about this? This person has 0 feedback and I'm afraid I might get some trouble from him/her.

I assume that you are accepting PayPal? If so, make sure that whoever buys it has a confirmed address, which makes it eligible for the seller protection policy. On top of that, make sure to ship it with some trackbility (USPS delivery confirmation at a minmum), so that you will have a record of them receiving it.

[quote name='moo']I have an auction on a sealed game and someone created a new ebay account today and has bid up to $61 on it so far.

Should I be weary about this? This person has 0 feedback and I'm afraid I might get some trouble from him/her.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='moo']I don't accept paypal. I only accept checks or USPS money orders.[/QUOTE]

Make sure the seller knows that, since their account is so new, you will have to wait for the payment to clear before sending their item. Advise them to send the check/MO with tracking for their own safety.

Cancel their bid if they want you to send to a PO box, accept a cashier check (you know, " I m in Africka, I give u $200 cashier check, you just send me back extra $$$"), or if they won't wait till you have payment to get the item.

If the payment clears and everything else looks OK, Ship with insurance.

(If you're just not comfortable, look into canceling their bid now.)

Thanks. I set up a buyer requirement to block those with 0 feedback and also canceled this persons bids.

He/She had bidded 3 times in a row so I only really had a $5 increase. Still I think it would be worth the risk because I was afraid this person would jack the price up sky high and then not pay.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I set up my account so that people with 0 feedback cannot bid.[/QUOTE]

You can't do that. I'm guessing what you did is prevent people with 0 FB from winning/bidding on more than 1 of your auctions in a given time frame.

You can set it up to deny bidders with overall negative feedback (or strikes), but not 0. Also - I wouldn't accept personal checks. Cashier's check or Money order are MUCH safer, IMO.

[quote name='magikman']You can set it up to deny bidders with overall negative feedback (or strikes), but not 0. Also - I wouldn't accept personal checks. Cashier's check or Money order are MUCH safer, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I found out about that last night when that person bid again so I just had to cancel the bids and block them. I hated to do it but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Also, another person, that had bidded on the auction, emailed me asking to cancel their bid because they went out last night and bought the game when they noticed they had been outbid by that 0 feedback person.

Oh well, everything is ok now.

isn't it alittle harsh to bash first time ebayers. I mean if they'll do paypal or wait til the MO clears what do i care ? we all had 0 feedback at some point.

Hell a listing cost what a 1$? I'll live.

I also find your actions questionable. Some of my most successful auctions were from new users. Newbies are a nice source of income. ;)

I wonder what e-bay would be like if you could block first time bidders / buyers. No one new could join, if they did they couldn't buy anything, ebay would slow down, and die a horrible painful death.

bread's done
Back