I have a free code for SF3: Third Strike Online for 360 mini contest

Story time! I was probably 12 years old and playing SF2CE in the mall arcade. I can't remember if I started the game or joined one in progress, but I ended up playing some guy who was probably twice as old and twice as big as me. I remember playing as Chun-Li and just beating him over and over. Whatever character he would try the result would be the same.

After probably 10 matches of getting his ass kicked, he flipped out and said he was gonna kick my ass and walked off deeper into the arcade. I played out my last match against the CPU, saw that he wasn't in sight and got the hell out of there.

Awesome, thanks for the sweet contest and good luck everyone. My fondest memories are playing against my older brother and his friends. And winning. Not something that happened all the time in video games lol.

Im in! Thanks op and another thanks for makin this so easy to enter :D

Fondest memory- Beating the hell outta my brother all the time and seeing him throw a fit lmao I ruined fighting games for him, to this day he refuses to play them

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the generous giveaway! I never got around picking up 3rd Strike on PSN mostly cause my friends aren't into fighting games :(

Still, it's an awesome game and it must have one of the most awesome soundtracks ever:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHD3dQZFGsY

Again, thanks for the giveaway!

PS: Nice avatar (Henshin A Go Go!)

I used to play SFII all the time at the arcade when I was a teenager. Then they all closed down. Was eyeing this game on the MS store sale, so I'll give an enter. Thanks for the opportunity.

Always loved button smashing with my friends. Especially after trying to master special moves for an hour and just failing.

[quote name='Donnums']I picked up the 25th Anniversary Collector's set even though I have every game in the set because I love Street Fighter(since I was 7 years old...20 years ago). It included codes for a ton of DLC that I didn't have, but also with codes for games I played the shit out of(10K or so matches on HD Remix).

So, I've tried selling the codes for HD Remix and SF3 - HD Remix sold, and I figure now I may as will give SF3 to a fellow fan.

Rules are simple - No BS Tweeting or Facebook nonsense, since I hate both and do not have accounts at either one. Just post here by Monday October 8th by 4:00pm PST and I'll choose someone at random to get the code. Post, for fun, why you love Street Fighter or your fondest memory.

Also, this is only open to CAGs who have been registered for more than 6 months. Hopefully, I will get 10 or so responses or I may try to extend the dealine.

Get to posting!

P.S. I have codes for the RE5 base game and Gold Edition content which I may give away at a later time if I can't sell it.[/QUOTE]

My fondest moment of Street Fighter happened during my senior year in high school 7 years ago. A friend from long ago had moved away while we were younger, but came to visit during Spring Break of 2005. We alway... ALWAYS... played 2D fighters whenever we got together. The trash talking, upping the stakes, and overall pushing each other to get better was something not unlike a quaterback growing up with his favorite wide receiver (ala Geno Smith and Steadman Bailey with WVU).

After a long day of trying to determine who was better, My Ken or His Ryu, we decided to mix it up for a bit and play SFA3 Dramatic Battle Mode on my Sega Dreamcast. Jacked up on the hardest difficulty of course. The AI was brutal and unrelenting, but when one of us faltered the other picked up the slack.

Vega
Balrog
Sagat...

None of them could handle the onslaught my friend and I brought forth against the AI. Each match truly going to the final few pixels of each life bar. Then the inevitable happened. A Match with M.Bison.

Not really thinking about the settings, we got dashed by a hyper psycho crusher on the opening of the fight. The power bars were set for Max at the beginning of a fight. No matter, Ryu jumps in the air and ken placed himself behind M.Bison. With a flying fierce kick Bison was knocked back and then gut checked with a Shin Shoryuken. ...

The lights dimmed and the screen was visible again. Bison ate that hyper combo like it was minimum wage and his assault began. Flying in the air, psycho crushers, jumping off our heads only to fall down and smack us with an electrified palm on the way down.

Not to put us down though. Each light punch and medium kick scored were well earned and when the clock started to hit 10 seconds we knew we were trouble. A quick flying Fierce Kick and a follow with a small shoryuken set Bison up for the greatest street fighter moment in my life.

As he stood dazed, for being guard crushed, with time expired. Without looking at each other or saying anything aloud, we both went to the opposite ends of the level, jumped, and kicked Bison in the face with 1 second left... the event was more amazing than it sounds. With my mate utilizing the V-ism and I the A-Ism, we moved in perfect synchronicity and because of that, both fierce kicks landed at the same time which killed Bison, and since this was the blow that defeated him the graphics registered for use ended up Blacking Out the screen much like in Akuma's Raging Demon Hyper Combo and formed a cross over M. Bison's face.

To this day the both of us talk about the moment and we even dig up my dreamcast from time to time. We have even tried to recreate the most epic screenshot in videogame history, but alas... awesomeness of this level only seethes once in a videogamer's lifetime.

The tragic way this story relates to the contest... this friend doesnt have SFIII:3rdSOE and refuses to purchase it because he owned it on an account that a girlfriend hacked into and changed his credentials (it was a shared account, so really she had every right to, with the XBL Gold payments coming off her card and all) AND he lives 2 states away.

We typically play MotW or MvC2 online whenever we get a chance, and adding SF3 to that list would be awesome.

Well, I don't actually remember the Street Fighter series games that much...but I guess I could say that my Guilty Gear was everyone else's Street Fighter. That game is still the shit.

I ended up playing one of the Street Fighter games, & liked it (don't remember which one). Got one of the PS3 SF games a long, long time ago too; haven't touched it once though, sadly...maybe tomorrow.

Yeah, I'll do that. Thanks for the opportunity, OP!

(P.S., Nice one, @LondonGaijin. '波動拳!' )

Well I hope I win, wanted to get SF3 but I have been kinda broke. I remember having it on ps1 and playing as Ken and just tatsu spamming the cpu cause it had no idea what I was doing. I love street fighter for all of the skill it requires to play, and I think my favorite memories are of playing Dan Hibiki and showing people why he is boss. Saikyo-Ryu all the way.

I remember hanging out in the local Chinese restaurant playing Street Fighter 2 for so long that when my friends and I left to go home we smelled like we worked there. Good times! Haha

First of all thanks for not requiring twitter + fb + register for some lame site + my first born. My fond memory is playing the shit out of sf2 on snes with my neighbor when I was a kid. Many hours "invested"

Street Fighter II in the arcade (yeah, I'm old) ate so many of my quarters. It and Doom are the reasons I'm a gamer today.

[quote name='Bramblefang']I don't have any fond memories of SF because I never owned any game in the series. That is why I would like to have SF3.[/QUOTE]

If you don't win I think SFIV is a great game for fighting game beginners to get into. SFIII has a much steeper learning curve, and doesn't really teach you how to play, SFIV's challenges let you step up with characters and learn combos, etc.

lol i remember in street fighter 2, someone at school (or a cousin) told me that in sagats stage you could pick up the rock to throw as a projectile. I must have tried for weeks to do it

and was never successful

First time I played SF2 was at a local mall, at an arcade cabinet in a large Rite Aid type pharmacy way the hell back in the day. Never wanted quarters so hard in my life.

Street Fighter was one of the only arcade games I ever got to play as a little kid.

My mom owned a clothing store in a small shopping strip, with a laundromat at one end of it. They had Super Street Fighter 2 there, where I always picked Ryu. As a kid, I could beat almost everyone in the first couple of levels (I wasn't very good. I'd only expect to win 2-3 fights on a quarter) but if I went against Ryu, I'd lose. Obviously this meant he was the best, to my childish mind.

One "fond" memory of SFII-
My buddy and I walked to the local store that had the arcade cabinet in the back. My friend had read about fighting Shen Long (we found out later it was a joke) if you do really well at the game. He ended up betting some kids that he was in the game, and when they proved him wrong, he was out $5. Funny in retrospect, but not at the time. They were probably 8 years older than we were, so we weren't going to argue the point. :)

We were at a friend's house and everyone was playing so I decided to jump in even though I totally sucked (everyone got into it way before me). One of my friends was kicking a$$ so when I was up I didn't have much hope. I got him in a corner, crouched down and kept kicking him and eventually won. It was a cheap win but considering I hadn't really played I took the win. lol

Fondest memory would have to be seeing SF2 at every 7-11, liquor store, or donut shop while growing up. That magic will never be forgotten.

bread's done
Back