i have a gamestop problem

Chris_GTR1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
ok well my friend told me 3 days ago he was going to sell his psp so i told him i wanted it then i dont know why the moron just decides to sell it to gamestop and he gets 55$ for it!!! i would of given him like 100$ i dont know why hes so dumb honestly. alright well after getting mad and thinking about it a bit maybe if he gave me the receipt i could go to gamestop and say that the psp was actually mine and he sold it withought my conscent. do you think i could get it back? i guess id have to look more into the policy and stuff. any help would be appreciated i dont know where else to ask for help with this. thanks

For something like that, you need to file a police report and provide proof that you originally purchased it, including a receipt showing that you purchased it along with that serial number on a receipt.

So.. short answer: No.

It's in the policy that they have to. Just tell them to bust out the book, it says anytime somebody wishes to buy something back that they traded it in they must "Promotion Not Found" it down to the trade in price. It's LEGIT under the trade in policy section, I nearly shit a brick when I read it.

I've been told this is only to be done when something was traded in by a little kid and the parents are pissed, but nowhere in the policy does it have any specific instances. The employee will probably be so shocked it actually says to do that they'll try to come up with every receipt they have and start buying all the stuff they traded in at one point.

That's what I did, anyway.

[quote name='TimPV3']It's in the policy that they have to. Just tell them to bust out the book, it says anytime somebody wishes to buy something back that they traded it in they must "Promotion Not Found" it down to the trade in price. It's LEGIT under the trade in policy section, I nearly shit a brick when I read it.

I've been told this is only to be done when something was traded in by a little kid and the parents are pissed, but nowhere in the policy does it have any specific instances. The employee will probably be so shocked it actually says to do that they'll try to come up with every receipt they have and start buying all the stuff they traded in at one point.

That's what I did, anyway.[/QUOTE]

wow, thank you for the reply, i didnt even know this lol, i guess ill be going to gamestop in a while then :)

[quote name='Chris_GTR1']wow, thank you for the reply, i didnt even know this lol, i guess ill be going to gamestop in a while then :)[/QUOTE]

Reply when you return. I'm interested in hearing how this shakes out.

[quote name='TC']Reply when you return. I'm interested in hearing how this shakes out.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, for real. :lol:

[quote name='TimPV3']It's in the policy that they have to. Just tell them to bust out the book, it says anytime somebody wishes to buy something back that they traded it in they must "Promotion Not Found" it down to the trade in price. It's LEGIT under the trade in policy section, I nearly shit a brick when I read it.

That's what I did, anyway.[/QUOTE]

I had a friend who sold some of my N64 games and accessories a number of years ago, good ones, too (Goldeneye, Smash Bros., Gauntlet 64) and wasn't able to get them back because i was beyond the two week window of "buy-back". Had I known about the post above, that would have been helpful. Granted, I went about the situation all wrong (he had been borrowing them for about a year, should have had him go and get them back, rather than me, etc.). Live and learn - never lend anything to anyone. Ever.

[quote name='thespyderboy']I had a friend who sold some of my N64 games and accessories a number of years ago, good ones, too (Goldeneye, Smash Bros., Gauntlet 64) and wasn't able to get them back because i was beyond the two week window of "buy-back". Had I known about the post above, that would have been helpful. Granted, I went about the situation all wrong (he had been borrowing them for about a year, should have had him go and get them back, rather than me, etc.). Live and learn - never lend anything to anyone. Ever.[/QUOTE]It's totally YMMV though. It is in the policy, but my manager would never let it go down unless parents came in because a little kid traded his life away, etc. Any other employee would do it though, because it's in the policy and, well, fuck corporate.

I should also mention it says if the store has already sold the item you can have them call another store and go buy it back there instead.

sorry about not posting on here i forgot. you know that saying dont count your chickens before they hatch, well yea apparently my friend is not my friend(or not anymore) HE DIDNT WANT TO GIVE ME THE RECEIPT!! omg i cant even believe how pissed i got. i told him tons of times and even offerd to pay him for it , i seriously cant beleive this bs. i already deleted him off my friends list (on XBL) and wont be talking to him anymore. that guy is just messed up.

[quote name='Chris_GTR1']sorry about not posting on here i forgot. you know that saying dont count your chickens before they hatch, well yea apparently my friend is not my friend(or not anymore) HE DIDNT WANT TO GIVE ME THE RECEIPT!! omg i cant even believe how pissed i got. i told him tons of times and even offerd to pay him for it , i seriously cant beleive this bs. i already deleted him off my friends list (on XBL) and wont be talking to him anymore. that guy is just messed up.[/QUOTE]

Liek NOWAI zOMG R U SRS?! RLY?!

..../facepalm

[quote name='Scorch']oh man, you sure showed him.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's a crushing moral blow that a person can not recover from. It's like waking up next to DarthBudge.

[quote name='Scorch']oh man, you sure showed him.[/QUOTE]

I think he might have burned him too badly. His grandchildren will be feeling that one.

[quote name='Chris_GTR1']sorry about not posting on here i forgot. you know that saying dont count your chickens before they hatch, well yea apparently my friend is not my friend(or not anymore) HE DIDNT WANT TO GIVE ME THE RECEIPT!! omg i cant even believe how pissed i got. i told him tons of times and even offerd to pay him for it , i seriously cant beleive this bs. i already deleted him off my friends list (on XBL) and wont be talking to him anymore. that guy is just messed up.[/QUOTE]

Must've been a pretty weak friendship to end it over a PSP.

[quote name='Chris_GTR1']ok well my friend told me 3 days ago he was going to sell his psp so i told him i wanted it then i dont know why the moron just decides to sell it to gamestop and he gets 55$ for it!!! i would of given him like 100$ i dont know why hes so dumb honestly. alright well after getting mad and thinking about it a bit maybe if he gave me the receipt i could go to gamestop and say that the psp was actually mine and he sold it withought my conscent. do you think i could get it back? i guess id have to look more into the policy and stuff. any help would be appreciated i dont know where else to ask for help with this. thanks[/QUOTE]

Are your Caps Lock and Shift keys broken?

bread's done
Back