I have a Linksys Wireless B Gaming Adaptor....WTF?

Ravaged

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Basically, I can't get this set up. My Dell doesn't want to recognize it (it says that it doesn't read that any device is in, when it's clearly hooked up through the ethernet), and basically I can't set it up (according to Linksys chat). My friend has told me that he set it up through some Runblahblahblah command that an online chat guy gave him. He has the wireless G though, and he said it was basically plug and play. Basically I'm just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem with this. It's not the adaptor, it reads when my PS2 has it plugged in, and the wireless signal, it's just firewalled. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot. Suggestions work too (maybe sell it and get something new...?)

Do you have your Local Area Network Connection disabled? If so, enable it. Same thing happened to me, and thats how you get it to recognize the adaptor. Of course I still cant play on xbox live.

not even going to read t he topic just want to comment that wireless B will stop your internet play every like 3 minutes for a second or to.

Did that to mine when I had one.

I have the b adapter and works just fine. I got no help from linksys to set it up because they are morons. I ended up hooking it up to another computer and following the directions again exactly and it finally worked on my old pc with windows 98. It is plug and play but only if you don't use encryption. If you do it can be hard to set up correctly.

bread's done
Back