I have a question about APEX Tv's, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

notfromtexas

CAGiversary!
I have recently inherited an Apex 27" AT2708 television from a deceased relative, but i do not have the remote. The Power button was broken on the front of the tv so it would click on and off, well i decided to guy a universal remote and see if i could bypass it. It worked, tv turns on perfectly, only problem is now the childlock is turned on. I called the apex company and they said the only way to remove it is using the original remote, you have to press the F(function) button and mute at the same time. I do not have an original apex remote, does anyone have any ideas on how else to bypass it, or how to get an Apex remote?

Find an apex remote. Or, on your new remote press the buttons that would be mute and function on the old remote.

Check around on hack sites. Someone probably has all the codes for the TV mapped out so they can be generated from an alternative programmable source like a laptop or PDA.

Dude, that was ment to keep kids out of it. Kids are all over the internet. I bet if you google in the groups section, you will find an answer.

Also try looking for a reset-type button. I have it on my 31" Sanyo. It sets the TV to default factory settings.

You say your Sanyo has a button to reset the factory settings? I thought about that, but i have not found anything on the internet about it. How do you go about doing it on your Sanyo? So far everyone has told me i have to get the original remote, which is like 20 bucks from APEX, but they said it would take 2 business weeks to recieve it. I got kind of peeved when they said that. Does anyone know if a different Apex remote would work, or do i need the remote from my specific model #??

I imagine other Apex remotes would work. I have several Magnavox TVs/VCRs and any Magnavox/Philips remote will work with no extra set-up. However, there are a few features that I cannot control because the remote doesn't have that button. For example: my Philips TV has a "smart-sound" feature, and the Philips remote has a "smart-sound" button. However, the Magnavox remote doesn't have the "smart-sound" button so I'm not going to be able to use that feature of the TV without the original remote, or a similar Magnavox/Philips remote with that feature.

This is also true with a lot of my Sony devices. The remotes always seem to be "backwards compatible". Just be sure to look for an Apex remote that has a menu button, and some sort of navigation buttons and you should be fine.

Stupid Apex and there darn F button. I looked at another Apex at the store and it had the same F button, so im hoping all APex remotes are universal, so i can just find someone who has an Apex remote.

I can use the remote to reset, but I can also use the menu. I'd check out a store that sells remotes, maybe Apex sells spare remotes...

bread's done
Back