I have a question regarding Amazon refunds?

Mr Snarp Snarps

CAGiversary!
According to Amazon, because I bought something with a credit card and returned it I will get the money refunded into my (moms) account. My question is, does Amazon tell you when the money is refunded? Note, I bought the item from a 3rd party merchant.
And yes, I know it will be in the monthly report my mom gets but I don't want to wait a whole month to find out the person didn't refund me.

Since the money is coming from a 3rd party there is no way for Amazon to know. You can check your credit card activity online, or give the card company a call and ask them to verify the amounted credited to the card.

[quote name='donkeydrop']Since the money is coming from a 3rd party there is no way for Amazon to know. You can check your credit card activity online, or give the card company a call and ask them to verify the amounted credited to the card.[/QUOTE]

Not true. With all transactions, even third-party merchants, Amazon deals with all financial aspects. The only way is if the third-party doesn't initiate a refund. But after that, the refund is sent from Amazon.

If the seller doesn't initiate the refund, file an A-Z claim.

If you received word from Amazon saying you will get a refund expect to see it in a day or two. I returned something I bought from the marketplace aspect of Amazon (third party seller) and the seller gave me a full refund. Shortly after receiving that email, my father checked with the bank and the money had not been refunded. The next day sure enough the money had been refunded so I guess Amazon does the refunds in bulk.

bread's done
Back