I have an interview at gamestop

I couldn't find a picture of admiral akbar or was too lazy to.

but

IT'S A TRAP

Be professional and confident and don't tell that that you LOVEEEEE games. Don' want them to think that you're more into the games than you are into the work. Just let them know that you're knowlegable about the product and explain that you know some of their store procedures. (ex. asking customers if they want the Edge Card, pushing pre orders [so customers come back to the store], trying to sell used versions of games first, etc).

tell them how much you like ea's new plan for cutting down on used games sales and ask them if its ok to borrow a console every now and again so long as you ut it back in the box how you got it. oh yeah and be sure to wear a gamefly tshirt.

As with any retail job, it is paramount to sell your people skills. You'll need to be willing and open to making quick contact with anyone and everyone who walks in the door. It is not simply enough to be a register operator. You must know how to ascertain what a customer wants and what they don't know that they want ("upsell"/"filling the basket"). What other games might they be interested in? Do they need additional accessories or guides?

That said, when you're actually working, many people don't enjoy having those "skills" used on them. But you asked about how to get the job, right?

So, you have to tell us how your interview went.

Don't forget the perks of the job - being able to rent out games for a period of time, and then selling the played game to a consumer as a "New" product.

basically before my interview with gamestop i helped a customer better than the 2 clerks who were jawing around

turns out the district manager was paying attention and i was virtually hired on the spot...worked one day before being offered thrice my gamestop pay to work a tech job

managed to keep a copy of sfa3 for ps1 that we were going to just pitch, nice parting bonus

Tell them you:
1. love pestering people to put down deposits for things that will come in the future.
2. you love selling credit card shaped objects.
3. you have the ability to convince people that even though something is opened, it's still "new".

bread's done
Back