I have been out of the Nerf game for a while but these guns are insane

Soodmeg

CAGiversary!
http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=930439

I used to know some guys in college who would have nerf wars in the dorm but I never really got into it. The problem is the darts dont hurt/leave a mark/explode in some way making it feel kinda pointless it hit someone with them. There isnt the excitement of getting hurt that makes Paintball and things like it fun.

But that nerf bolt action sniper rifle half way down the page is badass. I also like the fact that there is a nerf ammo drum mod for an assault rifle.

EDIT: Holy shit there is a nerf laser sight and red dot site on here.

I have the Longshot sniper rifle. It really isn't that good. It doesn't shoot very far for being a "sniper." It does feel badass shooting it though. Also cool is that it comes apart to be two guns.

Pretty sweet. I like the revolver and sniper rifle. It'd be nice to give them a better paint job when you get them though...

...side not, I just realized that Soodmegs avatar is not a bird. Interesting.

I bought a Nerf Maverick in Target a couple of years ago, it's good for messing about with in the house, you can't damage anything with them.

stephens with bb's and hotglue tips ammo with a replaced spring, longer barrel, and plugged chamber (so no safety air escapes).

i've got two and they hurt like a bitch, leave welts. one with ye old school crayola marker barrel mod, one with pvc pipe from home depot.

hurtz.jpg

you just need some time and imagination to make them formidable office weapons.

ahah and reading through the descriptions the sniper rifles proclaiming their amazing 35 feet!11!! my pistols are good for 70+ TRY HARDER NERF

[quote name='Ziv']I have the Longshot sniper rifle. It really isn't that good. It doesn't shoot very far for being a "sniper." It does feel badass shooting it though. Also cool is that it comes apart to be two guns.[/QUOTE]
It's not a very good sniper because that second gun on the front actually reduces the larger guns range. I just take the two guns apart and use them separately. It makes the larger gun into more of an assault rifle size.

P.S. If you look around at Walmarts, you may find some great deals. I got my Longshot for $15 on clearance from $35, and I've seen the massive Vulcan on clearance sale for $20 down from $45 at my local Walmarts.

my gf's brother has a gatling gun type nerf gun that is electric and holds around 30 bullets and shoots 1-2 per second. As far as nerf guns go it's pretty badass.

My son has damn near that entire page worth of stuff and some that aren't on there. He doesn't have the swords or the very small pistols. My favorite is the Rapid Fire 20, his is the Longstrike. We shoot at each other from opposite ends of the hallway. Every once in a while be break out the Vulcan, but it takes so long to pick up all those darts....we have three ammo belts full.

To the OP: That ammo drum isn't a mod, that's the way the Raider comes. Also, all of the magazines and most of the add-ons (sights, lasers, and barrels) are interchangable between the guns. The Longshot looks super sweet with the Recon barrel on the end of it instead of that sorry gun. So that means you can put the Raider's drum magazine on the Recon, Deploy, Longshot, and Longstrike.

Edit: Rapidfire 20 shooting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUd74kM6Tc8

[quote name='Ziv']I have the Longshot sniper rifle. It really isn't that good. It doesn't shoot very far for being a "sniper." It does feel badass shooting it though. Also cool is that it comes apart to be two guns.[/QUOTE]

I saw a site a while back with directions for hacking them to shoot further.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Pretty sweet. I like the revolver and sniper rifle. It'd be nice to give them a better paint job when you get them though...

...side not, I just realized that Soodmegs avatar is not a bird. Interesting.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its the Gremlin that got sucked into the wall outlet and turned into the badass Electric Gremlin.

Damn, I kinda want to buy some of these and play around with them. Times like this I wish I was back in college because I could easily convince about 5-10 other people to do stupid shit with me.

I just had that lousy tube that shot the yellow nerf balls. It kicked ass though. Nothing like hitting somebody in the forehead with one at close range after doing a commando roll.

I used to have the secret shot that you could shoot a dart out of the handle of the pistol...I thought that was the coolest thing ever. Now they have laser sights, sniper rifles, and an automatic one...shit.

They had the shoulder mounted thing that shoots a giant missile, RPG like. My little bro had a generic one similar to it that shot a pretty hard piece of foam that was like the size of a corn dog. That thing flew pretty far and it hurt.

Every time we're at Target, I wander over to the Nerf wall while my girl looks at girly things. I was cracking up when I discovered the swords and now the damn battle axe. :lol:

I have the Raider CS-35 pump action gun on that page. If you load it up with darts you just have them flying all over the place. I got for use with my Distric 9 costume last Halloween and am still having fun with it.

I'd like to mod mine, but it isn't really mine. It's the kids' toy. If I did anything to it, the wife would not be happy. Maybe I'll buy one for myself.

i was gonna ask for the nerf energy sword for cqc melee kills, but they seem to have it covered.

go get the soulcalibur license, hasbro.

[quote name='Ziv']I'd like to mod mine, but it isn't really mine. It's the kids' toy. If I did anything to it, the wife would not be happy. Maybe I'll buy one for myself.[/QUOTE]
the nitefinders like in the picture i put up are only like 6$ if you can find them

I have the NiteFinder and it's shooting is absolutely pathetic. At less than 10 feet, the laser is sorta accurate, but once you go past that, it's useless. On the other hand, I have the original Wii gun Nerfs and those have much better firing. Plus, they double as Wii lightguns so I can get my House of the Dead on!

I went back 10 pages [til mid-October] and couldn't find any threads about nerf guns.

Are there any others who are into nerf weaponry? I have been bitten by the bug thanks to the wife getting me the Vulcan as a pre-christmas present with 2 refil belts.

nerf_vulcan.jpg

I really want to pick up a maverick or two and mod them to next week, but I really wouldnt know where to start.

So yea, any nerf enthusiasts out there in cag land?

My son has a ton of them, but we aren't into modding at all. He's only 9 so maybe when he's a few years older. I can tell you the Vulcan is pretty sweet, but jams occasionally. It's also quite heavy so carrying it around in the backyard for a nerf war is a little tough. My son is getting the new Stampede for Christmas and also the Barricade. He likes the Deploy, Longstrike and Alpha Trooper. I'm sure the Stampede will take over as his fave though.

My personal favorite is the Rapid Fire 20. It's an older gun, buy my god the shear brutality of firing 20 rounds into someone's head in about three seconds is just pure fun.

[quote name='Jabrim']I remember the fun of them but, no. Try shooting real guns, a lot more fun.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't work indoors....

i do enjoy real guns. I don't know about you, but I can't shoot my buddy in the head with a real gun and get away with it...nerf? that's a whole different story

"real guns are better!" reminds me of the whole "why play guitar hero when you can play real guitar? it's better!" argument. Maybe I just don't want the "real thing" and i want to play with a toy chaingun?

[quote name='thetruelokre']i do enjoy real guns. I don't know about you, but I can't shoot my buddy in the head with a real gun and get away with it...nerf? that's a whole different story

"real guns are better!" reminds me of the whole "why play guitar hero when you can play real guitar? it's better!" argument. Maybe I just don't want the "real thing" and i want to play with a toy chaingun?[/QUOTE]

True, didn't think about shooting someone in the head thing, so touche there. We (Co-workers) had training a few weeks ago and got to do air-soft training for about 8 hours, it was great, had welts on my body for almost a week, surprisingly stingy when they hit.

i just put batteries in my vulcan...wow this thing is heavy now

Noticed something strange with the refill kits for the thing though. One refill kit has the "cartridges" with full coverage up to past the tip of the dart, the other leaves the tip exposed...interesting. I will have to see if that makes a difference in the flight of the darts or not. Looking at the belt that came with the gun, it seems to have the exposed tip as well...curiouser and curiouser.

I think my next buy will be a pistol i keep in my work bag for impromptu nerf fights on third shift [third shift IT, it makes for long stretches just watching progress bars at times]

yea i heard the first snipers that came out a few years ago were actually stronger(and they looked better) but after complaints of it being strong Nerf then decided too.... nerf it >_>

[quote name='thetruelokre']i just put batteries in my vulcan...wow this thing is heavy now

Noticed something strange with the refill kits for the thing though. One refill kit has the "cartridges" with full coverage up to past the tip of the dart, the other leaves the tip exposed...interesting. I will have to see if that makes a difference in the flight of the darts or not. Looking at the belt that came with the gun, it seems to have the exposed tip as well...curiouser and curiouser.

I think my next buy will be a pistol i keep in my work bag for impromptu nerf fights on third shift [third shift IT, it makes for long stretches just watching progress bars at times][/QUOTE]
You might like this: http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/warfare/8a0f/

i used to have a massive purple crank activated gateling gun that used an ammo belt- i remember buying a bunch of other nerf guns that had those belt sections and after having 8-10 of those conected- loading them into the crank gun and just grinding darts down the hallway as people tried going to the bathroom. also had a shotgun style one that cocked by "breaking" it in half and straitening it, was the a little bigger then one of the pistols-so it was my side arm when people got to close for the crank or i ran out of darts lol

found the smaller gun on ebay- ratchet blaster. havnt found the large one though- in the mind to run to walmart now and buy some of these and terrorize the house

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back