I have yet to receive any of the free stuff I've signed up for...

Hush

CAGiversary!
I signed up for that Butterfinger thing, a couple of free t-shirts, a granola bar, and something else I can't remember some time ago, and I have yet to get any of it. Not complaining, because I realize the stuff is free, I just wonder if anyone has actually received their stuff or if its just a cheap way to get you on their mailing lists.

Sometimes you get things, sometimes you dont. Sometimes it takes a long time to get. In the past few days I received a squishy cow and my first issue of Spin. Good luck getting stuff.

The only free stuff I have received has been the EGM subs. I think you have to realize that we are probably on the lower end of the free discoveries since we dont specialize in that stuff like fw and sd do. Those sites alone are enough to exhaust the free supplies before it even gets posted here.

What would be nice is if the free sites ammended thier fill in form to say all the free stuff is no longer avaiable. I will admit its nice to forget about it or not expect to get anything and be pleasantly surprised when it shows up months later.

Got the free Schmackums dog treats a couple weeks back, and they turned out to be the only dog treat I've found that my dog absolutely loves. Used the $1 off coupon & bought her a full bag.

Also received another of the free razors last week. I've gotten 2 or 3 of those over the past year or so.

So far only free thing ive gotten is mag subs also, but its not like theres a loss of signing up to the free stuff.

Just sit back and relax. Most of them will come within the standard 6 to 8 weeks or so, others will take far longer or won't at all due to you getting in on the action a bit too late.

It's all good, though. That and, after a while, you forget about some things until they pop up in the mail. Nothing like free ice cream scoops, headphones, thumb drives, and 3M office supplies just showing up out of the blue!

The butterfinger thing was just butterfinger's fault. I was the one who posted it. My cousin signed up for it 5 months before me and recieved it in the mail. While I signed up a day before the panel closed. So I most likley mon't get the Panel package. So it's butterfinger's fault for not closing the Panel offer.

Now, for all those people that said it's just to trick you into their mailing list... not true. If you read their policy for the offer. They state that they have to send you the item if you signed up. But some, like the butterfinger panel, also state that you might not get the item and they may end the offer without notifying the public. So unless they want to be sued, they will try to send you the 'item.'

By the time an offer for free stuff reaches a site like this it's almost certain to have hit or will soon hit fat wallet and other bargain finding sites and when you have 50,000+ people signing up for free offers where the total supply of items might be a tenth of that a lot of people won't recieve anything.

Also there are some free offers that are intended only to collect addresses, in which case the only thing you'll recieve is a large increase in junk mail.

like others have said they can take up to 8 months.

another thing is that sometimes these offers are for the first XXXX amount of people, and so while you might be able to sign up still, you might be XXXX+6 and you wont get it.

I've got a pretty good number of free things ive signed up for, but not everything. on a side note, im not getting more junk mail either.

Ive got Mag. Subs. , "Order of the Serpentine" shower gel kit, complete with fake leather wristband with logo, and a Tshirt but I think I got that from another site ^^.

I've gottena T-shirt, a Shick Quatro Razor, free Beggen Strips (for the dog), EGM and PSM every month, a game or two, and some coffee. Relax man, The stuff is FREE not getting it isn't a let down. Getting it is amazing. aloow 6-8(more like 10) weeks FREE dilivery to dhip it to you:)

I have one in great condition with a bunch of games (like 15 new games) that I'd be willing to get rid of.. but here's the thing.. I mostly just want to get rid of the gaems. I'd include the system as well but only if the games go with it.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I have one in great condition with a bunch of games (like 15 new games) that I'd be willing to get rid of.. but here's the thing.. I mostly just want to get rid of the gaems. I'd include the system as well but only if the games go with it.[/quote]wrong forum. You wanted the "I want a cheap Dreamcast" Thread. Also, you posted the same message in that thread yesterday.

I was looking for something like to brag about what I got so far. Anyways I got 6 issues of the playstation magazine, 6 of the EGM, 1 antiques magazine, 1 boat magazine, and a razor just yesterday.

I've gotten some of the stuff, most notably the Dale and Thomas popcorn (which was freaking great) and lots of instant coffee.

EDIT: Forgot EGM.

[quote name='Hush']I signed up for that Butterfinger thing, a couple of free t-shirts, a granola bar, and something else I can't remember some time ago, and I have yet to get any of it. Not complaining, because I realize the stuff is free, I just wonder if anyone has actually received their stuff or if its just a cheap way to get you on their mailing lists.[/QUOTE]

You must be on some corporate "No Freebie" list :rofl:

An unsavory/demand-ignorant company can harvest loads of e-mail addresses and shipping address for free by having people fill in long-expired Web forms.

That's free to them, and some companies will sell contact information that they obtained for free. Companies get profits from freebies.

As for me, like mostly everyone else, I've gotten some razors and magazine subscriptions, but most are for the first x-thousand and the late-comers are added to a dormant database or mailing list.

[quote name='pop311']wrong forum. You wanted the "I want a cheap Dreamcast" Thread. Also, you posted the same message in that thread yesterday.[/quote]

Yeah you're right.. my bad.. I was trying to post for someone else that wanted a cheap dreamcast. carry on! Btw I receive about 1/10th of the free shit I get here.

as the others said, do not expect to get your freebies instantly. they are free after all.
magazines are an almost guarantee, other items are based on the time the order is gotten, so it could be a while before you see anything.

Stuff I have gotten:
Take 5 mini bars
GM t-shirt
Axe shower gel (sorta, the box was damaged, ONLY thing missing was the hower gel, hmmmmmm)
KFC snacker
Mentos towel/5 itunes songs
EGM (I have 50+ issues XD)

Havent recieved at all/yet:
strees ball (was that even legit?)
WTF shirt
Audi flash drive
Butterfinger kit (but we all know why)
Kashi Bar
Koran book

And out of curiousity, a question...I remember I stumbled across those free barbie movie tickets a while back >_>, never signed up, but I know some people did. Did you guys ever get them?

I got the take 5s :drool:
I also got a free year of PC Magazine.

There was the free DS hand.

I don't think I've gotten anything useful like a flash drive through.

I've gotten shit, razors, EGM subs, post-its, just today I got that kashi granola bar, somebody had opened the box, but the granola bar packaging was good so I ate it anyway :p.

I always send back junk mail prepaid envelopes filled with glitter. It costs me a couple bucks every few months or so but it's worth it to know some nob gets it all over him or her self when they open it.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']I always send back junk mail prepaid envelopes filled with glitter. It costs me a couple bucks every few months or so but it's worth it to know some nob gets it all over him or her self when they open it.[/quote]
Nice idea, how do you know they actually recieved it though? Some company's adresses don't accept mail.
I'll try it.

I've gotten tons of free stuff off this board, tons of free magazines,a Shick Quatro Razor, free Beggen Strips (for the dog), cupons for free dog and cat food bags, some coffee, that kashi bar, a box of fastbreak bars, the axe shower gel, the 3m products, the list goes on and on. Relax man the best part is signing up for all this crap forgetting about it and having it show-up one day out of the blue. Just remember it's free.

So far I've received everything I have signed up for has come in (magazines, coffee, razors, gum) and today I just got my razor! :] schick quattro = fo sho.

I've never received anything I've signed up for. Hell, I'll even take a free pack of gum that I requsted (I like getting mail)

At first I feared that they just were doing this to collect a couple 1,000 free names and addresses, but some people get them, so who knows...

[quote name='Hush']w00t! The day after I create this topic, I get the Kashi bar in the mail, haha![/quote]I got that today as well.

I got a gift set or razors and shaving cream in the mail and I dont recall ever signing up for it. I do get most of the free subs, though.

Some of them (less then 10% of the stuff you request) will come to you in time. Most of the time you'll get something and never remeber asking for it. You also have to think that were not the only forum finding out about these things.

bread's done
Back