I...I.....I.......just got an ipad2

Porject D

CAGiversary!
Feedback
159 (100%)
I have finally give in and brought an ipad2. :D What games are must get on ipad ???
I brought it secretly. I hope my wife doesnt kick my ass once she finds out. :whee::whee::whee:

Quarrel - excellent word competition - free version available. Drop7 by Zynga - excellent mix of tetris and some simple math- the free version is the same as the paid one but with adverts. Geshundheit! HD - quirky stealth game, my wife loves it. No free version. Cut the Rope - free version available. Slice HD. Fun but gets too hard. I like to set it back to number one and let people work to number seven at which point they get cut by a hidden blade. You can reset it after a loss by touching the clips in the corners. Blue Block for Ipad. Free version available. Army of Darkness. Free game and very popular with my nephew. The Heist.

Pick up the new Halfbrick game Jetpack Joyride. Awesome game and it looks and plays awesome on the iPad 2.

If you like Euro board/card games, definitely get Carcassonne, Reiner Knizia's Samurai and Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer. They are all awesome on the iPad and are worth the asking prices. All 3 have very good asynch online play.

I also highly recommend Death Rally. Great racing/combat game. Very addicting. No online, but it's a great single player game.

I'll have to look through all my stuff and come up with some other recommendations for you.

EDIT: one is Gears and I believe it's on sale this weekend, but don't quote me on it. Great ball rolling game. It can optionally be played with tilt control, but it's really designed for finger control and works great that way. It gives you a lot better control then tilt does. The graphics are optimized for the iPad 2 and look superb on it. Err... no, it's not on sale now. It's $1.99 but has dropped to 99 cents a few times.

Congrats! Until your wife kicks your behind... I just got an iPad 2 myself a few weeks ago so I know just how elated you're feeling right now.

It'd be a whole lot easier to give game suggestions if you could let us know whether you have any preexisting iOS favorites (if, say, you've ever owned an iPhone or iPod), or simply let us know what types of games you typically play, though I've learned that the iOS gaming scene is quite different from the console or even portable experience. The most popular genres on iOS are twin stick shooters, endless runners, tower defense, puzzle (usually physics-based or match-3), management sims, hidden object games, and... Korean RPGs. :lol:

My personal favorite iPad games so far have been Space Miner HD, Helsing's Fire HD, Gesundheit! HD, Infinity Blade, Superbrothers: Sword and Sorcery EP, Quell, Words with Friends HD, and Fruit Ninja HD.

[quote name='crunchewy']Fruit Ninja HD is 99c, I think for the weekend. Definitely grab that now![/QUOTE]

I 2nd this choice, great game!

[quote name='NxCmp']I 2nd this choice, great game![/QUOTE]

Congrats !!!!!

Yeah Great choice.... Need for Speed is cool too and Angry Birds Of Course!!!

Draw Race 2 HD is awesome. I highly recommend that. It's way better then the original game and has fun online friend challenges too.

Reckless Getaway is fun, although short. Also the controls aren't really positioned that well on the iPad. Still a good game, though. I think I'd recommend waiting for another 99 cent sale on that one, but definitely pick it up whenever it gets there again (that's what I paid).

Hard Lines is a great retro game and very nice on the iPad. There is an optional in-game purchase for an uber-sized ipad-only mode that's fun, but not essential. It is great on the iPad either way.

Super Stickman Golf. That game is awesome! I highly, highly recommend it. Really nice on the iPad.

If you like hidden pictures adventure games, almost all of the Big Fish games are very good on the iPad (get the iPad versions). But I think you just missed a 99 cent sale. Wait for the next one unless you want them now.

Perfect Cell is a pretty cool game, and very good on the iPad.

That should keep you busy for a while. I'm sure I can come up with more for you.

bread's done
Back