I insulted a Kabuki warriors fan at EB AKA the clerk-- I'm evil ;-)

minx

CAGiversary!
the other day Dead of Knight suggested even Kabuki warriors was worth fivedollars.

So today when I saw it as electronics boutique for exactly five dollars, I remembered our conversation here, snatched it up, and flagged down a clerk.

As I handed him the game to ring up I cracked a joke about it being the worst game of all time, but for fivedollars I absolutely have to see how bad bad could get .

You should have seen his reaction!

You would think I just stomped on the puppy with baseball spikes on!

like I ran bases with little puppy pieces breaking off from underfoot to splatter....

I tell you, his entire face contorted like some kind of sideshow freak-- which I suppose any Kabuki warriors fan could be considered if you think about it ;-)

you're not going to believe this......

I am now on the last page of the instruction manual, and it reads as follows:

THE RIGHT

SAMURAI SKILLS

WILL WIN THE BATTLE...

THE KABUKI WARRIORSofficial strategyguide

IS YOUR AMMUNITION!

And there's a picture of the guide which was apparently made by Brady games

Now let the sink in for a minute......

This is the game in which one professional game reviewer successfully completed the game by banging the controller against his ass!

meaning someone out there thought

"Anyone who thought thisgame was a good game couldn't find their ass with both hands-- so we'll sell them a guide to help them"

seems kabuki warriors is more deseving of a satanic cult following, not minx (sorry to disappoint) this game always seemed horrible, but i just cant believe it can really be that bad. i know egm beat it with one finger but beating it on your ass. wow

I bought it for $5 at Gamestop and was going to try it (I don't have my Xbox right now) but traded it in 2 days later for the Ninja Gaiden EBGames deal.

I was at EB once and some guy asked the clerk if Kabuki Warriors was any good. This guy was probably the store manager, as he replied, "It's really good if you like kabuki theater." The guy who posed the question looked sort of confused so I finally told him that it REALLY sucked. The EB guy behind the counter looked relieved ... probably because he didn't want to/couldn't tell a customer any game sucked but yet he probably knew he risked having the guy come back to the store and chew him out. This was when it was fairly new so it was selling used for about $25 or so.

Is this in the bushido blade series? Kinda depressing when you look at the promise it had in early iterations.

[quote name='tmbgman']Is this in the bushido blade series? Kinda depressing when you look at the promise it had in early iterations.[/quote]

not related at all I believe. Square did bushido blade and Microsoft did kabuki warriors.

yes they are, lightweight developed the whole series{the only reason most people don't know this is because they were published sporadically among various publishers -- and it was the publishers names that were largest on the box}

from memory it goes:

Bushido blade 1

Bushido blade 2

Kengo: Legacy of the Blade

Kengo: Master of Bushido

Kabuki warrior's

[quote name='bradr']I was at EB once and some guy asked the clerk if Kabuki Warriors was any good. This guy was probably the store manager, as he replied, "It's really good if you like kabuki theater."[/quote]

Actually, I prefer Noh theater.

/MST3K

i find the codified nature of Japanese Noh theatre to be creatively opressive, though visually stunning.

bread's done
Back