I just bought a Classic Controller

fluffy69

CAG Veteran
i just bought myself a "Classic Controller" and thought i let some of you know, that its a worthy investment. having merely 3000 points worth of virtual console content i finaly decided to buy the classic controller. it fits nice into your hands and the cable connecting it to the wii-mote doesnt bother at all. what i thought was very interesting, was the level of preceission you get in games like F-Zero X. those two "nubs" are awesome. you can handle your games very well with them. everyone who is thinking of buying one should do so!

I bought one right after launch. Love it. Absolutely essential for SNES games since the button layout sucks on the GC controller, and pretty much essential for any 2D games IMO as the d-pad on the GC controller sucks, as does the Wiimote's.

Feels great to me. Basically a more comfortable version of the SNES controller with better buttons and d-pad. Only thing I would change is having the cord come out the top rather than the bottom, but that's minor and doesn't really bother me.

I will admit the analog sticks are a bit odd to use, but they are more or less positioned the same Dual Shock (I was just never a fan of that).

But I don't' really plan on buying many N64 games so it's pretty much a non issue for me.

I've been thinking of picking up the Donkey Kong Country games on the VC so I plan on getting a Classic Controller soon. The D pad on the Gamecube controller is way too small.

Classic controller is a steal at $20. It is simply awesome. As mentioned before, the only weird thing is the placement of the cord. But I think it was designed that way so that the "weight" of the wiimote wasn't pulling down on you as you play.

$15 if you use the best buy GGC (if you still have one) or the GamePro coupons listed in the main deals section.

FYI all you can't use the classic controller for Gamecube games. I was surprised when I found that out so I thought I'd give a heads up to anyone who assumed you could like I did.

bread's done
Back