I just bought a DS Lite from Target! Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
didnt know it had anything to do with nashville, as a minnesota native i knew that Target was MN based....but even still, with nashville as well as other places being reported i'm not sure how much that has to do with it.

besides, Walmart HQ is in Arkansas (or something), yet they also are stocking it. (still wondering if other stores plan to get it in this week, although even if an EB did they probably would have stricter rules and pre-orders to deal with).

no one has checked LA yet it seems, but when the stores open today i'll take a looksy i guess.

** fyi, the thread about this on the nintendo.com forums have been deleted, so perhaps this is a big deal and nintendo is going to bring the hammer down, i hope not though, this is a pleasant suprise and i hope to be able to take advantage of it.

Anyone know if EBGames gives refunds on pre-orders?
...the one time I pre-order something like this happens...

[quote name='Trakan']Sure.

[SIZE=+1]Oak Creek Target[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]8989 S Howell Ave , Oak Creek, WI 53154-3803 US [/SIZE]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica,Geneva][SIZE=-1]Phone: (414) 216-0001

It doesn't really mention a store number, otherwise I'd post that as well.

[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Sweet, hopefully all the Wisconsin area Targets got theirs.

Anyone have luck in NJ? I called the Clifton store and checked the Farifield store. No Luck. I am goingto try the Walmart at lunch and my wife is going to try another Target store on RT 10 in about 2 hours.

[quote name='Shayde']Anyone know if EBGames gives refunds on pre-orders?
...the one time I pre-order something like this happens...

Sweet, hopefully all the Wisconsin area Targets got theirs.[/quote]
I'm pretty sure you can get your cash back as long as you put cash down. (If I'm wrong, someone correct me.)

I'll go look for a couple tonight. PM me if you'd like me to grab one for you if I find one. Obviously, you'd have to be willing to PayPal me enough money to cover the Lite, Shipping, and Fees...

[quote name='spincut']** fyi, the thread about this on the nintendo.com forums have been deleted, so perhaps this is a big deal and nintendo is going to bring the hammer down[/QUOTE]

I doubt Nintendo wants to piss off Wal-Mart or Target by "doing something," especially with their console coming out in a few months.

[quote name='dsullo']Anyone have luck in NJ? I called the Clifton store and checked the Farifield store. No Luck. I am goingto try the Walmart at lunch and my wife is going to try another Target store on RT 10 in about 2 hours.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably try the Saddle Brook Walmart at lunch and the Hackensack Target after I get out of work. I'll post if i find any.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I doubt Nintendo wants to piss off Wal-Mart or Target by "doing something," especially with their console coming out in a few months.[/quote]

Target might end up being the scapegoat for all of this.

Wal-Mart > Target, in terms of video game software sales.

[quote name='jalu6']I'll probably try the Saddle Brook Walmart at lunch and the Hackensack Target after I get out of work. I'll post if i find any.[/QUOTE]

I am going to saddlebrook at lunch too!! maybe i will see you there

BOOYA BITCHES!!!!! THANKS TRAKAN!

btw wow my camera phone really sucks with in store lighting and glass glare. Looks alot better normally! :D

This is at the Florence KY Target store, if anyone is local.... As of about 8:30 today they had about 10 more in the case total.

Can someone please confirm if you can get your money back if you preorder at EB Games with cash?

[quote name='$hady']BOOYA BITCHES!!!!! THANKS TRAKAN!

btw wow my camera really sucks with in store lighting and glass glare. Looks alot better normally! :D

This is at the Florence KY Target store, if anyone is local.... As of about 8:30 today they had about 10 more in the case total.[/quote]

What store is that? And where?

[quote name='Zeo']Can someone please confirm if you can get your money back if you preorder at EB Games with cash?[/QUOTE]
I have done preorders and then applied the preorder amount to another game purchase. They will do the same for you

[quote name='Z-Saber']Crap. I started trading in games for credit at EB yesterday. Anyone know if that credit is somehow redeemable for cash?[/QUOTE]

I believe that you can indeed redeem store credit for cash, but be looking to get raped in the ass even harder because they will penalize you. If you have already made the mistake of trading in your games, just keep the credit.

sorry I edited my last post and added that it's the Target in Florence, KY. I had started out with going to the Erlanger Kmart and they have none. I was going to start at the north and hit every store going south. :D Mario teases me with his joy of NSMB no longer!

BTW i'm also curious about getting my deposit back from EB.... Luckily the guys was retarded and wouldn't take my full payment but just a $25 reserve. Can we get that back in cash or just store credit? thanks!

Probably breaking the rules (well if this was Slickdeals anyway), I called the Menlo Park, NJ Target and was told that I would have to wait until June 11th.

I will probably stop by there and/or Walmart later to see if I can circumfrent the system. Yep, the old reacharound.

[quote name='dsullo']I have done preorders and then applied the preorder amount to another game purchase. They will do the same for you[/quote]
I know they can move it over. I mean, if I have $25 down on a DS Lite, can they give me my $25 back in cash?

EDIT: And so far, it looks like this is only the midwest? No sightings in the northeast yet?

BTW, if anyone is planning on using EB (or other) store credit to get one you could always buy this now and then return your EB DS Lite to Target for a refund. A few others and myself have verified that they do NOT scan the individual serial numbers on the reciept like they normally do for systems. Receipt simply reads: "NINTENDO DS 1 @ 129.99" Receipt states 90 days for a return....;)

So, I'm in Ontario, and I pre-ordered a DS Lite from EB, thinking it was the smart thing to do, the easiest way to get a lite ASAP... I guess I was horribly wrong. This is the first time I've ever pre-ordered anything and damn, apparently I can head to the mall and check out walmart, they might even have them... that would be awesome. But I paid the full amount for my DS Lite pre-order at EB ($172 CAD) already, and I don't really want to go back on that...

Oh well, I guess I can wait a week or two.

They did say they'd call once they had them in, but I suspect they won't be selling until the 11th.

[quote name='nickmad']Any luck in the LA area?[/quote]

Dont expect to get lucky out here. In bigger cities then you never find street dates broken because they're the ones that really get busted for doing it. I'm going to check around but if anyone else finds these then please give location.

This is multi state because the cases were not marked with street dates. I'd pick up a system for anyone interested but paypal fees/shipping/tip would prolly kill the deal..

[quote name='Masterkyo']what is the SKU on the receipt ???

Anyone !![/quote]
upc on box is 0 45496 71754 4

target item from receipt # 207010007

good luck :D

BTW there is a number to call and check stock by item numbers but I don't know it, anyone else remember it from when the 360 was just released and people were calling it to check inventory?

Checked 2 Targets in the Raleigh/Cary/Apex area in NC and both had them in stock but they wouldn't break the street date :cry:

I also checked a Walmart and met an actual Nintendo Rep who was changing out DS display and she said that Walmart didn't even have em in stock....

She let me handle her Lite and I must say I was pretty impressed. All i can say is:

homer.gif

[quote name='Maddgief']Checked 2 Targets in the Raleigh/Cary/Apex area in NC and both had them in stock but they wouldn't break the street date :cry:

I also checked a Walmart and met an actual Nintendo Rep who was changing out DS display and she said that Walmart didn't even have em in stock....

She let me handle her Lite and I must say I was pretty impressed. All i can say is:

homer.gif
[/QUOTE]

I called the Target in Westgate Dr, Durham. They told me they had it in stock. I'm heading out there now, hopefully I will arrive before someone corrects the street release date thingie

[quote name='dsullo']I checked a bunch of targets in NJ. No luck, seems like the Midwest got lucky this time[/QUOTE] Which ones?

For those of you who got it, were the lites just sitting in the case, or was there a UPC code signifying the lite? I went to target and they said that if there was no code on the case, then they didn't have it in stock. I'm thinking about going back up there in a couple of hours.

[quote name='munch']For those of you who got it, were the lites just sitting in the case, or was there a UPC code signifying the lite? I went to target and they said that if there was no code on the case, then they didn't have it in stock. I'm thinking about going back up there in a couple of hours.[/quote]

No shelf price tags like all the other systems had....... This thing is lovely! I sold my fat DS for $95 after all fees last month but this thing would be worth it to upgrade at full price!
[quote name='$hady']

[/quote]

Any reports from Atlanta CAGs yet? I'm going to try the Target on Cobb Parkway on my lunch break, and maybe the WalMart right next door. Really want to get one. I'm going to send my original DS and some games to my little brother in L.A. for his birthday. That way we can play via WiFi. I miss him. :cry:

Isn't calling about this a little risky? Might alert them to the fact that they shouldn't be selling them.

Any Michigan CAGS report sightings yet?

I stopped by the Target in South Livonia and nothing was on display as of 9:30am.

Went to the Target in Downers Grove, IL and also went to the walmart in Villa Park, IL and didn't see any signs of a lite. Might check a couple more after work but it isn't looking like im getting a lite early :(

Framingham, MA Target said they have them but won't sell until 6/11.

Local Wal-Marts say they don't even have 'em.

Anyone in eastern MA have luck buying one?

[quote name='thorbahn3']Sorry if already posted but next-gen.biz must be CAG fans.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3122&Itemid=2[/QUOTE]

Yeah no kidding:
At present, the evidence for the broken on-sale date is based on one report, with a picture, and should be treated with caution. Nevertheless, an allegation of a busted hardware embargo is no small matter.

Treated with caution? Its not just 1 picture anymore, hell I'll post mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back