I just bought a DS Lite from Target! Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='$hady']THE TRUTH COMES OUT YOU SCUM BUMS!!!!!!8-[

lol Nice shirt btw.[/QUOTE]

eh? whats a scum bum? i'm a scum bum?

[quote name='spincut']eh? whats a scum bum? i'm a scum bum?[/quote]
NO you are Mr. Nice Shirtman! You said they were talking about making money.... They are scum bums! (I tried to be but it looks rough)

LOL Scum bum is what that sheriff calls everyone in the tv edits of Smokey and the Bandit. (I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I THOUGHT OF THAT) :roll: I need sleep......

nya i dont think they were, but i still swear i remember something about them being intrigued that i was buying just one and for my own use.

frankly it just isnt worth my time to bother with selling stuff (i keep all my E3 swag also), i'm just too busy (except today, lol).

[quote name='solsovly']Enfield CT target and East Windsor CT Wal-mart don't have them :([/QUOTE]

I'll check the Enfield, CT Target again in the morning, and while I'm at the mall I may as well swing by work (that is, EBgames) and see if my pre-order is in/the date was actually bumped to June 1st.

Either way, I'm probably cashing in on my warranty to get a brand new sealed old chubs DS and selling that to cover a nice chunk of my lite. As for how I'm going to afford the girlfriend's....

EDIT: apparently they are IN STOCK at Sears in the Buckland Hills Mall, Manchester, CT. a short drive, but i'd rather use my 10% coupon at Target... someone else take advantage of this though! go to the site first just to double check:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/prod...subcat=Video+Game+Hardware&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

I just got back from Wal-Mart in Austin, Texas. They didn't have any in the glass case but they had a nice unmarked cardboard box sitting outside the glass case with a large orange sticker that read, "DO NOT DISPLAY TIL JUNE 11th". I opened the cardboard box up and it contained about 15 white Nintendo DS lites. I grabbed one and walked to the front. When it was scanned the machine let out a nice long 5 second beep then displayed "no sale". The lady paged someone whom asked me if this one was different than the other DS. I explained it was smaller then he said he couldn't sell it. I guess target already put these in their system? I'll check there tomorrow morning.

Hey everyone!

Sears in North Hollywood has em! Victory and Laurel Canyon. I bought mine there tonight...the guy said there were 4 left. I bought it right before closing...so they should still be there in the morning.

Good luck!

None at my local Wal-Mart in Oahu, HI as of 6:00pm HST today.

I was in L.A. just this past weekend, and nothing at the Target in Gardena. No trace of Lites at any of the BBs, Fry's, or other electronic stores I visited in and around the South Bay/Torrance/Gardena areas--I was even in the Valley around Northridge and Van Nuys. Of course stuff comes in when I leave the mainland. :p

I believe there was a major miscommunication because you were clearly concealing prior knowledge of DS Lites at this location. For that reason, when you said you were buying it for yourself I thought you were just trying to dodge my question of "Why are you buying one HERE?" (I may have trailed off on the last word) :lol:

And yeah, it's interesting that I was under the impression you were scalping and you were under the impression I'm scalping.

Yeah, I was lucky there was not a lot of traffic coming from Culver City otherwise there may have been some serious hell to pay. I ended up staying at work till 10PM anyhow...

spincut is a dead ringer for the guy in that photo, sans glasses though.

My DS Lite is still charging. I can't wait to try this bad boy out on Phoenix Wright. My girlfriend usually drives in the game and it was hard to really see from an angle with the old DS. :bouncy:

[quote name='spincut']funny. You thought i was scalping it? i remember saying i was just buying the one for me, whereas you were buying an extra, and i thought you said something about making some money off it or something.

what do you mean respective parties? you mean you thought i was shady and you thought i thought you were? cause i didnt say that. or you you mean the other guy? i just happened to not be in summer class today (the USC shirt wasnt just for show) and my internship at 94.7 was delayed so i had a freeday to run this very errand.

aww dude too bad, they did have about 23 left, so i guess people must have really flocked to the store, or maybe an ebayer, i dunno, would have figured they'd stop selling them before that.

-and NO i dont look like my avatar picture, that's from Jonan Vasquez's brilliant Squee series, you should really read it:

n3407335_30196028_7204.jpg
[/quote]

[quote name='fdu']I believe there was a major miscommunication because you were clearly concealing prior knowledge of DS Lites at this location. For that reason, when you said you were buying it for yourself I thought you were just trying to dodge my question of "Why are you buying one HERE?" (I may have trailed off on the last word) :lol:

And yeah, it's interesting that I was under the impression you were scalping and you were under the impression I'm scalping.

Yeah, I was lucky there was not a lot of traffic coming from Culver City otherwise there may have been some serious hell to pay. I ended up staying at work till 10PM anyhow...

spincut is a dead ringer for the guy in that photo, sans glasses though.

My DS Lite is still charging. I can't wait to try this bad boy out on Phoenix Wright. My girlfriend usually drives in the game and it was hard to really see from an angle with the old DS. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

i'm a dead ringer for the guy in the photo because that is a photo of me. Heck, i was even wearing the same glasses today.

i may have not heard you when you were trailing off about why you were buying three, i just wanted to get out of there, mind you i did tell you directly when you asked me why i was buying one, i said it was for myself (you must have trailed off alot since i only heard that), but when i noted you were buying three i didnt recall you giving me a similar answer, or said something about "dude....the money". of course otherwise i just avoided talking about it, since as i figured you understood after that other guy started talking that it was probably best to not talk about it.

Checked a local Wal-Mart, Target and K-Mart. None had them, but the K-Mart had the electric blue DS that included the Nintendogs Best Friends edition..

No luck yesterday (Weds) at the Targets in Monroeville, PA or Homestead (Waterfront), PA. Saw someone else say earlier no luck in West Mifflin.

[quote name='CheapyD']It's not like anyone watches G4 anyway.[/quote]
Especially since G4 killed everthing good that was TechTV when they took it over :cry:

[quote name='Tyvan']The 2 Targets in my Area both said that they would be on the shelves at 8AM June 1st. I will know at 8 if they plan to stick with it.

4685 Presidential Pkwy , Macon, GA 31206-8712 US
Phone: (478) 405-0273

2929 Watson Blvd , Warner Robins, GA 31093-9600 US
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica,Geneva][SIZE=-1]Phone: (478) 971-2141

[/FONT][/SIZE][/quote]

Well the wife went to the Macon store at 8:00 and they have them, but now they say they can't sell till June 11th. O-well :bomb:

Update for the Detroit people. The target and Best buy and waterford do not have them.

However......
The Meijer in Waterford does have them, I bought one last night, and it looks great!!! WOOHOO!!!

[quote name='Tyvan']Well the wife went to the Macon store at 8:00 and they have them, but now they say they can't sell till June 11th. O-well :bomb:[/QUOTE]

My guess is that they confused June 1st with June 11th. Most of the boxes say to wait until then. Such is life...I was hoping to play Magnetica on the bright new DS Lite first thing, but it's barely a week and a half away now. Not a big deal.

I've called 3 targets in my area (same ones I checked yesterday) and two said that they received emails from HQ this morning stating that the street date is still June 11. The third had none and said that the street date was no longer listed on their home page. The Sears website does list them as in stock though....and my wife was just there last night :(

[quote name='Maddgief']I've called 3 targets in my area (same ones I checked yesterday) and two said that they received emails from HQ this morning stating that the street date is still June 11. The third had none and said that the street date was no longer listed on their home page. The Sears website does list them as in stock though....and my wife was just there last night :([/quote]

Well, that's (probably) that, then. I suppose it's possible that some of us might still get lucky at a Sears or something, but I guess most of us are waiting another 10 days.

Anybody tried Circuit City? I mean, I doubt it, but who knows.

[quote name='spoo']http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Video+Games&pid=05893025000&vertical=TOYS&subcat=Video+Game+Hardware&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

Anyone still looking for one check sears in store pick up, I see now that they have some in stock online and it states
In stock
When will it arrive? This item typically leaves the warehouse within 3 business days.
Free shipping after rebate.[/quote]

When I select my stores it says that it'll be 10 - 12 days. I'll still be calling at 10 when they open though. Sears around here is pretty rinky dink tho.

Any one know what time Gamestops typcially open? GS.com doesn't list store hours, which is silly and stupid. Pretty sure it's noon anyway.

Nintendo better have common sense about this matter and tell the specialty retailers to break the street date. Everyone's selling out because of the hype right now. If GS and EB are meant to get their shipments in today, imagine how much more $$$ that would be.

edit: For GA, Town Center & North Point Sears look to be out. Both say "14-16" days. However, the "Bluffs Pkwy, Canton, GA" store doesn't do in-store pick up. Sears.com says to call the store (770)720-9020) but it doesn't seem likely that they'll have any.

[quote name='such great heights']Any one know what time Gamestops typcially open? GS.com doesn't list store hours, which is silly and stupid. Pretty sure it's noon anyway.

Nintendo better have common sense about this matter and tell the specialty retailers to break the street date. Everyone's selling out because of the hype right now. If GS and EB are meant to get their shipments in today, imagine how much more $$$ that would be.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo probably gives three shits about GS and EB. I'd rather buy my DS lite and games from Target, and I'm sure Nintendo would rather me buy it there too.

MINNESOTA --

Forest Lake, MN - Wal-Mart: I was told people went here to get one, so I called them, reserved one, and when I got there, there was about 12 of them in the display case. They went to ring it up, and it said something like SALE NOT ALLOWED. They got managers involved and ultimately were unable to sell to me. Somebody said on this forum that they got one from here. Can you scan or take a pic of your receipt?

CRYSTAL, MN - Target: Called them, they had them in and I reserved 2 of them. Got there, and they were just putting them away saying they can't sell them even though I reserved 2 of them. They told me they also hadn't sold a single one so technically they didn't "break street date."

I spent a lot of gas running around yesterday and Tony Hawk could do stunts off the veins in my forehead right now. I need some recipet scans from any stores in Minnesota if anyone has them so I can print them out, go to the store and demand satisfaction.

Yesterday I went scouting at a few stores arond by me - no dice.

I have ordered things for pickup at Sears before. Once even though the item was "in stock", it got cancelled an hour later because it wasn't REALLY in stock. So be aware of that.

Last night I called the EB Games where my girlfriend has one on preorder. They told me they were shipped that day (the 30th), would arrive on the first (today), and they would start selling them. I explained the whole street date thing to him, but he said as far as he knew they'd start selling them as soon as they show up today, and to call to confirm. I'll give them a yell this afternoon.

I wasn't originally going to get one for myself until they released more colors, but I'm now caught up in the whole "early release madness", so I may cave.

-HM

[quote name='Hollow Man']Last night I called the EB Games where my girlfriend has one on preorder. They told me they were shipped that day (the 30th), would arrive on the first (today), and they would start selling them. I explained the whole street date thing to him, but he said as far as he knew they'd start selling them as soon as they show up today, and to call to confirm. I'll give them a yell this afternoon.[/quote]
That must be highly regional - I called the local EB about 15 minutes ago and he said Nintendo plans to heavily fine and restrict stock from anyone caught selling them, and there was no way I'd get one from an EB until the 11th. :cry:

I still plan to check Sears just on the off chance, since it's an easy drive, but hopes are pretty low.

[quote name='Ravenlock']That must be highly regional - I called the local EB about 15 minutes ago and he said Nintendo plans to heavily fine and restrict stock from anyone caught selling them, and there was no way I'd get one from an EB until the 11th. :cry:

I still plan to check Sears just on the off chance, since it's an easy drive, but hopes are pretty low.[/quote]

Yep. Just called Gamestop and they said the fine was something like $65k per unit. I dont' see how that's possible. Maybe 65k total but not per.

I will be calling sears at 10:00 Am and checking stock. That's the last effort I'm giving to this / ;)

[quote name='Ravenlock']That must be highly regional - I called the local EB about 15 minutes ago and he said Nintendo plans to heavily fine and restrict stock from anyone caught selling them, and there was no way I'd get one from an EB until the 11th. [/quote]

Well, I don't really think the guy at my local EB knew what he was talking about. Chances are the manager that's on duty in the morning will put the smack down on any employee who's dumb enough to try to put them on the shelf.

-HM

[quote name='rabbitt']So do we even know why so many places broke the street date?[/quote]

Seems to be a combination of boxes not being marked with the street date, big box employees not knowing there was a street date, and not caring that there was a street date.

Yea basically Nintendo screwed up by not putting street dates all over the boxes when they shipped. They should know that stupid retail employees are not smart enough to check street dates. It looks like normal stock unless the system is set up to reject it or there is DO NOT SELL UNTILL in big letters on it....

:bomb:lol I want this to become the official proof pic, sadly I caught him between licks:cry::

BTW rxdoga the Lite is yours if you want it, I can mail it today and we'll use this page as the transaction link for feebdack later after you receive it.

EDIT: 10:17 am- Got the Paypal and will mail it this morning. :) Enjoy!

I'm not much of a console gamer, but I can say with PC games, there really doesn't ever appear to be a street date. When they're done and finally make it to the store, they start selling. I guess people figured these were in the same boat.

If they just made the release date for ALL electronic stuff Tuesday, this nuttiness would probably subside.

-HM

I managed to get one this morning from the local Target store in Champaign, IL. I was there first thing at 8 AM this morning after seeing some posts that Target might start selling them June 1st.

I had called *and* gone to Target yesterday after reading CAG, but when I called they said they didn't have them and when I went to the store later that night, I didn't see any.

So I went this AM and still didn't see any on the shelves. I asked one of the employees if they happened to have any and they went to check in back and brought one out and rung it up for me!! w00t!!! :bouncy:

So it's sitting on my desk now at work, charging up, while I eagerly wait for it to finish so I can pop in New Super Mario Bros. to see how much better it looks on the Lite's screen. :D

Thanks to CAG and everyone who posted info! :applause:

[quote name='KaneRobot']L'mao at all the Gamespot and IGN people coming here from the articles on those sites. Trakan is the man.[/quote]
Trakan is a JERK, do you really want all those Gamefaqs, IGN and Gamespot idiots coming here and creating more competion than there already is for stuff? There is enough already from all the deal sites and we have never missed out on hearing about anything ground breaking. The only true winner is Cheapy sitting across the lake in Chinatown. :rofl:

For the stupid: I was MOSTLY joking... ;)

hey guys....i called 2 eb's in my area last night and both of them said that the ds lite arrives today and would be on the shelves ready to buy. both of them said their computers they were lookin at could sell them yesterday but the truck didnt come in yet.

this was as of 6:30pm last night. i am going to call them again before i leave to make sure its good. then i will post the locations for you guys.

Curses! Struck out at sears. They don't have them in stock. Tried target one last time and the date is still firm.

I hereby resign my comission as DS Lite Finding Guy and shall resume my job as an employee for the company that pays me. (Of course I'll keep checking this thread..:booty: )

[quote name='$hady']do you really want all those Gamefaqs, IGN and Gamespot idiots coming here and creating more competion than there already is for stuff?[/QUOTE]

Nope.

Although I doubt anyone just seeing this NOW will have any luck anyway, so maybe they'll just get pissed off and leave. This was probably a wake-up call and most stores that WERE selling them probably won't be today.

[quote name='tayaf69']Well, CAG made an article on IGN! Pretty cool, considering it's the first time I've heard us mentioned on the website.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/710/710794p1.html[/quote]
Oh great. IGN brilliance at work. They link this thread and then go on to say "IGN contacted Nintendo for comment and we will be sure to update if we hear back from them."

What a bunch of ass-kissing pricks. They've been in bed with Nintendo for a while now with rediculous game reviews and things like this just to get exclusive stories on the Wii. But c'mon, contact Nintendo so they can crack down on all the stores and force everyone to pull it off the shelf just so they can get a 2 sentence story? Good thinking IGN you morons.

"Thank you for shopping at sears.com. In order to provide the best customer experience, we checked with your local store at BURLINGTON MALL and discovered that one or more of the item(s) in your order weren't in stock. We have cancelled this order, and no charges pertaining to this order have been processed."

ARGH

[quote name='mini.boss']Oh great. IGN brilliance at work. They link this thread and then go on to say "IGN contacted Nintendo for comment and we will be sure to update if we hear back from them."

What freakin pricks. Contact Nintendo so they can crack down on all the stores and force everyone to pull it off the shelf just so they can get a 2 sentence story? Good thinking IGN you morons.[/QUOTE]
Reggie our next CAG???

Just checked 2 Targets and a Wal Mart here in Charlotte, including one that is on the Frappr page as having them, no Lites on the shelves, only the old ones. Asked the employees, 2 flat out told they didn't have them, the other guy knew they didn't have them yet but they might later today/tomorrow. Denied. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back