I just bought a DS Lite from Target! Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='The Next Level']It wouldn't surprise me if they just took if off the shelves after realizing that they're idiots... Not to mention you really have no reason to lie at this point.

I have a friend who will stop by there after work today. I'd drive out there myself, but the most direct route is going to take me 70 minutes easy at this time of day!

Thanks anyways.[/QUOTE]

Pics
N07771.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a313/APPLERINGO/DSCN07771.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a313/APPLERINGO/DSCN07761.jpg

Pity they aren't going with the old method of "once somebody breaks the street date, it's war, put 'em on the shelves."

It'd be pretty awesome to see Walmart, Target, Best Buy, EB, etc etc all rushing to get 'em on the shelves for us hungry, hungry gamers. ;)

As it is, it'll be a long week and a half. Sigh.

Damn.....Any reports on and DS Lite finds in TN? Wanted to get one for my vacation this week. Let me know.

Thanks

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']any miami finds?[/quote]

bro I was just about to post the same thing...

Im in Miami too but I would like to know if anyone has had success down here before I waste my night looking for this things

[quote name='carrerf']SO-CAL People!!!!

I have just purchased a DS Lite @ Target. Located in South Gate, CA. It's on the corner of Firestone Blvd. And Garfield Ave. They had them in the display case. About 7+.

So yes you can purchase them at this target. Hope others can pick theirs up. Just charging my lite right now!![/QUOTE]

thanks for the report dude.....but exactly how far is that from LA? hmmmm i just dont want to have to drive all the way over there and then find out they changed their policy (since the targets a short distance away also have them but aint selling them).

you think calling up and asking before driving 20+ miles would be a bad idea?

**edit** carrerf......i could kiss you....gas prices be damned A RACE FOR THE PRIZE IT IS!!!! USC thanks you Carrerf

So-Cal Report:

Well, I checked Target (Huntington Beach), and called both Walmarts close to me (Huntington Beach and Westminster) and none of them have them in yet. So that's the report from a small portion of Orange County, California.

[quote name='The Next Level']DAMN YOU JRINGOAPPLE!! j/k

Any chance of getting you to sell me one of those? ...PLEASE!![/QUOTE]

Sorry, don't have any :)

Target - Camarillo, CA: I checked in there and they had a memo on the electronics desk that said "NINTENDO DS LITE STREET DATE JUNE 11TH" in big bold letters....so yeah no go there

walmart in van nuys, CA wont sell it to me. I got there just when they were unloading it on the shelf. I quickly ask for one to buy. when they scan, it says "sale not allowed". they called the manager, he scanned it...then they took all the DS out of the shelf and back to the boxes. Manager told me he'll only sell me the regular DS. The lites are not available yet...and he doesnt know when they'll be available. I left without arguing. I prolly could've scored one with a little arguing...but i was just on my lunchbreak.

I'll ask again. I called around my more local stores, but... Anyone find any in Missouri? Particulaly Independence, Blue Springs, or Lees Summit?

Thanks

I checked the Target in Cypress, CA and they didn't have any DSLites out (they didn't have any DS's out at ALL--it was empty..).

Also posted this in the Ohio thread.

Just checked the Wal*Mart down the street from Cincinnati Mills/Forest Fair mall. Didn't see any DS Lites on display or anything.

Also checked Wal*Mart and Target off of Princeton Rd. Nothing.

But there's some in Florence? Man, that's tempting, but I couldn't make it until tomorrow night and I'm sure they wouldn't have them by then anyway.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']Wheeling, IL Target and Wal-Mart = nope.
Vernon Hills, IL Target and Wal-Mart = nope.[/QUOTE]

Damn!

oh well, gonna pre-order at GS with some trade ins.

[quote name='ukhoops']Damn.....Any reports on and DS Lite finds in TN? Wanted to get one for my vacation this week. Let me know.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
I know of someone who found one in a Memphis SuperTarget yesterday. I think on Germantown Pkwy? Forgive me if that's wrong. I forget the details.

[quote name='beerguy961']I can't get to a Target or Wal-Mart, so I'll have to hold off. Interesting to hear they broke the street date so early.[/QUOTE]

You can get Yolobus from the MU to the Target at the County Fair Mall in Woodland, and then another bus from there to the Walmart. I just checked Target a little while ago though and no dice.

[quote name='Toddler']Selling at Nashville, TN Target stores, at least as of 4:30 PM.[/quote]

Man, it's a shame the stores in Central PA are somehow more in touch than the ones in Nashville. ;)

Anyone checked anywhere close to the manchester/south pittsburgh/kimball TN areas? Nashville is a little far to drive for me tonight.

Hey Arizonians, go to the Target on Baseline and Mcclintock In Tempe. You have to ask to buy one because they have them below the counter, but they do have them and I am now the proud owner of a DS Lite :).

Any spotted in florida at all? I am about to head out to walmart in port orange and daytona, and target in daytona and port orange. And maybe walmart in palm coast. And possibly some EB's. Toys R Us in daytona is no-go, I work there, we dont have any.

[quote name='$hady']Glad you got one, as well as a couple other locals. :D

Yea Z, the Florence Target right off Turfway Rd in Florence is where we got ours.[/quote]

Not anymore.

I just called the Florence store about 20 minutes ago and they said they had already sold the last one.

:cry:

I was planning on driving down from the Dayton, OH area to get one after work tonite.

Also, I checked all the Targets and Walmarts in the greater Dayton area and none of them had any for sale. Couple of stores said they had them in the back, but wouldn't break street date.

[quote name='Darwin23']walmart in van nuys, CA wont sell it to me. I got there just when they were unloading it on the shelf. I quickly ask for one to buy. when they scan, it says "sale not allowed". they called the manager, he scanned it...then they took all the DS out of the shelf and back to the boxes. Manager told me he'll only sell me the regular DS. The lites are not available yet...and he doesnt know when they'll be available. I left without arguing. I prolly could've scored one with a little arguing...but i was just on my lunchbreak.[/QUOTE]

Hey I Live a couple blocks from that Walmart. And its Panorama City, not Van Nuys. :)

Has anyone thought to try Sears or FYE, anyplace like that? Sears is usually pretty clueless about games and dates, at least from my experience.

[quote name='GiLL']Not anymore.

I just called the Florence store about 20 minutes ago and they said they had already sold the last one.

:cry:

I was planning on driving down from the Dayton, OH area to get one after work tonite.

Also, I checked all the Targets and Walmarts in the greater Dayton area and none of them had any for sale. Couple of stores said they had them in the back, but wouldn't break street date.[/quote]

Haha that sucks and cancel that offer to try to pick some up for you guys then..... :cry:

[quote name='megaseadramon']Hey Arizonians, go to the Target on Baseline and Mcclintock In Tempe. You have to ask to buy one because they have them below the counter, but they do have them and I am now the proud owner of a DS Lite :).[/quote]

Thanks!!!!

ATTN: Chicago People!
Okay, so I just got an iPod Harman Kardon Drive+Play installed in my car, had a full tank of gas, and a day off so I decided to do a little "War Driving" around Chicago. Long story short, I came up with NOTHING! Here's where I checked. Only for Nintendo!

Wal-Mart Store #1933
137 West North Ave, Northlake, IL 60164

Chicago Brickyard Target
6525 W Diversey Ave , Chicago, IL 60707-2312 US

Chicago Mid North Target
2939 W Addison St , Chicago, IL 60618-4635 US

Chicago Near North Target
2656 N Elston Ave , Chicago, IL 60647-2019 US

Melrose Park Target
850 W North Ave , Melrose Park, IL 60160-1611 US

Norridge Target
4050 N Harlem Ave , Norridge, IL 60706-1202 US

Woodfield Target
1235 E Higgins Rd , Schaumburg, IL 60173-4939 US

All stores DIDN'T have any DS Lites availible to purchase. Guess it's June 11th for me too...

Target at Desert Ridge in Phoenix Arizona doesnt have them and neither does the one near PV Mall, I will check some more places and keep my fellow AZians posted

[quote name='miyamotofreak']Any luck with the Fremont/Hayward/Newark area? AAlso can you guys hook me up with that $15 off coupon?[/quote]

no luck I called all and no ds lites

[quote name='mattcube64']I'll ask again. I called around my more local stores, but... Anyone find any in Missouri? Particulaly Independence, Blue Springs, or Lees Summit?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I did called Lees Summit Super Target and they has 15 DS LITE in the back room but they didn't put out for sale. Also, I did went to Independence Target but i find non- DS LITE on the shelve), I did asked they check the SKU # and they did have it in the backroom but they refuse to go and get 1 one for me :(

Seem like no go in independence & Lees Summit

Wombat informed me that they are about to talk about this on G4's Attack of the Show...anyone got a way to record it (in case of CAG mention) and transfer to PC.

[quote name='AshesofWake']dammit, this is such bullshit, fuck im pissed...[/quote]

What? Why? Some people got awesomely lucky. It wasn't us, but that's still pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back