I just bought a used PS3 on eBay.

[quote name='SpacemanHardy']How long ago did you order it, just out of curiosity?[/QUOTE]

I ordered last monday. According to UPS tracking it will be at my door tomorrow.

[quote name='ilivas']I ordered last monday. According to UPS tracking it will be at my door tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

........Dammit. I should've ordered from GameStop. :bomb:

*sighs* Patience has NEVER been my strong point.

It's that damned GoW3 that's got me in a fever pitch, I tell you!!!

Oh well. At least I've got three games and an extra controller which are worth around $75 bucks, give or take. That at least makes it sting a little less. :roll:

The seller also mentioned that LBP had about $30 worth of bonus content included as well. Let's just hope I'll actually be able to USE any of it.

[quote name='SpacemanHardy']........Dammit. I should've ordered from GameStop. :bomb:

*sighs* Patience has NEVER been my strong point.

It's that damned GoW3 that's got me in a fever pitch, I tell you!!!

Oh well. At least I've got three games and an extra controller which are worth around $75 bucks, give or take. That at least makes it sting a little less. :roll:

The seller also mentioned that LBP had about $30 worth of bonus content included as well. Let's just hope I'll actually be able to USE any of it.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. You still have a PS3 now, and you get to play the games you wanted.

I'm normally pretty impulsive myself, but just not in this case. I was pretty patient about it because I didn't even really want a PS3. I just had a ton of credit from the recent trade in sale, and I didn't know what to do with it. Hey, I'll take it though.:D

Yeah, I'm usually pretty docile myself. I've gone this long without a PS3, even though there were quite a few exclusive games that I REALLY wanted to play on it.

However, I got my refund check early, and then I find out GoW3 is right around the corner.......well, the rest you can pretty much tell. -_^

A few things with the supposedly ff13 install of 36 gigs, normally I would be on board with it, but since I have the 60GB hard drive it should be fun deleting data, but it just doesnt seem logical for Sqaure Enix to do that. With that said there are rumors that you dont have to install anything when playing ff13 it isnt mandatory like MGS4 or DMC4. Secondly if you are going to sell the 80GB PS3 $250 seems steep, you can hope a little kid buys it without knowing. (Sorry for trying to burst your bubble on this.) Cause a person can get a new PS3 for 300, new so spending 50 bucks more on a product that has BC (not sure on 120s, havent really paid close attention to other models of the PS3) more hard drive space and a new model. You can try and sell it for 250, but I say go somewhere around 200-225, otherwise it is like your acting like gamestop. With GOW3 coming out next week, why didnt you wait a week, im pretty sure they would of had bundles out for GOW3. Otherwise best of luck to you.

^ Nah, I'm probably not gonna sell this PS3 after all. I'll just buy a 120GB hard drive and install it myself. I know you can pick one of those up for pretty cheap anyways.

[quote name='SpacemanHardy']^ Nah, I'm probably not gonna sell this PS3 after all. I'll just buy a 120GB hard drive and install it myself. I know you can pick one of those up for pretty cheap anyways.[/QUOTE]

Only thing with that is if you dont know what you are doing 2 things happen. 1 it voids the warrinty, and 2 you need to match sure you know what type to set the hard drive as. Whether it be NTFS or FAT32. As for me Im thinking much much bigger as to hard drive going to try and get 1TB so I dont have to delete anything with my backlog of games. The link below tells you pretty well on to install the new hard drive

Replacing the hard drive does not void the warranty.

"Upgrading the HDD will not void the warranty, however, the consumer takes full responsibility when upgrading the HDD."
http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=362

Manuals and guides for every PS3 model: http://us.playstation.com/support/manuals/ps3/index.htm

Before making another bad impulse buy, do a search on the hard drive model and make sure it is compatible with the PS3. And if you're going to upgrade the hard drive, go big. What's the point of going from 80 GB to 120?

[quote name='SpacemanHardy']Anyone know of a good compatible 300-500 GB drive for relatively cheap?[/QUOTE]

Any Serial ATA notebook hard drive will work. Just get the 5400 rpm drive with the highest capacity that fits your budget. A 7200 rpm drive generates unnecessary heat with a minimal performance improvement. I personally like Western Digital drives because they have a great return/exchange policy if something should happen.

Doesn't sound like a very good deal to me. I purchased a 40 gig PS3 from Aaron's for $100. So did one of my coworkers and that same store had 2 80 gig non-BC units for $150. If the 80s had been BC, I would have bought both of them for that price.

[quote name='spooie_redux']
Maybe the thread creator likes having systems that spontaneously stop working once every 4 years.[/QUOTE]

Yea, like an xbox...

I wouldnt say it was a good deal, it wasnt a terrible deal either. If you were thinking of getting a used PS3 you should have taken a look at craigslist. You probably could have gotten a used PS3 slim for $250 or a bundle similiar if not better for $300.

[quote name='killmak']I wouldnt say it was a good deal, it wasnt a terrible deal either. If you were thinking of getting a used PS3 you should have taken a look at craigslist. You probably could have gotten a used PS3 slim for $250 or a bundle similiar if not better for $300.[/QUOTE]

I did take a look at Craigslist first. I got excited when I saw a whole bunch of REALLY good deals there.

Then my excitement waned after I called every person and found out they had all already been sold.

Yep. Every. One.

[quote name='jgiovanni']Shortage of PS3's in almost every state[/QUOTE]

What is up with that? Not like they have been selling like hotcakes lately.

[quote name='Mantooth']What is up with that? Not like they have been selling like hotcakes lately.[/QUOTE]

It's tax season so everybody's splurging. I work at a small wal mart and we're completely out in our region due to a massive under order. It's really something else, all my friends have been on my back trying to get a system everyday since the god of war III reviews started hitting the net. Lucky for me, my gf bought me a ps3 in november...

All of my Best Buy are now in stock!

mvk955.jpg

Check your store locator

Am I missing something? Why the hell is the 120gb(even used) in such great demand right now? Are people that fuckin' desperate to buy a PS3 right this second that they'll pay over retail for a used system?

If so, I better put my slim up on Ebay and see what I can get for it. LOL

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Am I missing something? Why the hell is the 120gb(even used) in such great demand right now? Are people that fuckin' desperate to buy a PS3 right this second that they'll pay over retail for a used system?

If so, I better put my slim up on Ebay and see what I can get for it. LOL[/QUOTE]
Because PS3 Slim is having shortage. Sony is planing to roll 2 newer models.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Because PS3 Slim is having shortage. Sony is planing to roll 2 newer models.[/QUOTE]

Newer models? When will they learn to stick to one SKU?

Just here to update you guys:

My PS3 finally came in today. It looks and works GREAT.

Other than a few VERY, VERY light scratches on the top, it looks like a brand new system. It's almost as if it's never been turned on before.

All three of the games that came with it, other than some finger prints, look brand new.

So yeah, I think I got a pretty good deal here, guys. ^_^

Anyways, should I still see about getting that 1-year warranty from SquareTrade?

bread's done
Back