I Just Got A Brand New Copy Of The The Legend of Zelda:C ollector's Editon FREE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foolish one, you will now learn that scamming of this sort is frowned upon mightily, and you shall be smote.

Crappy thing to do, but it does show that Nintendo has some really awesome customer service.

You're also probably giving a dozen or more other unscrupulous people basically an instruction manual on how to get a 2nd bonus game from Nintendo.

[quote name='Wlogan31']I love Nintendo too much to scam them. Now Sony on the other hand...[/quote]

Me too :wink:

Knowing how to eat with a fork without injuring yourself will impress the average GameFAQs user.

This thread needs a shot of JSweeney or maybe Cornfedwb.

The sad thing is, is that I didn't become a fan of Zelda until I recieved my first Collector's Editon disc. And guess what I sold my disc for...

... Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance! I love Mortal Kombat, but I think I liked my disc a little more. Or at least I do now.

FLAME AWAY!

I'm waiting for the day that we get a thread where someone brags about stealing a game from their local store.

Woo! That'll be the cheapest ass deal ever!

You should have been quiet. Now everyone will try it. And Nintendo won't be so nice to people in the future. It wouldn't have been so bad had you not told the world about it.

You could have bought one today for $29.99 and used the b1g1 deal at gamestop. But no. You had to ripoff Nintendo.

I hope someone takes your message ID and email address and reports you to Nintendo, not because of what you did, but because you were dumb enough to post them both here.

Just in case you edit them out:
Message(#6851-000342-0536\3420536)
[email protected]

I'd have less of a problem if you had walked into EB and stole it. At least you'd be taking a risk.

Well, at least you didn't scam Nintendo just to sell it on EBay for profit. Can't say I approve, but as it was stated earlier, to each his own.

[quote name='PsyClerk']Knowing how to eat with a fork without injuring yourself will impress the average GameFAQs user.

This thread needs a shot of JSweeney or maybe Cornfedwb.[/quote]

Yea, don't know if I'm in the mood to even get started on this one... but, I suppose someone needs to.

A. don't brag about being a little dickweed, you stole a game from Nintendo, and you're bragging about it.. that makes you an asshat.

B. The boards over at Gamefaqs are full of prepubescent boys, deciding what you did was ok because of their response is not really a good idea. You could post about how you raped a grandmother and burnt her house down and they'd probably cheer you on.

C. I understand you think "Well Nintendo has big pockets, my little sticky fingers aren't going to make a difference.", first off, if you do it and your friends do it and their friends do it, etc etc.. it starts to become a major dip in the bucket. Secondly, it doesn't matter what you are stealing or who you're stealing from.. its wrong, you're a thief.

D. Finally.. if you scam them with something like this you're going to have one result, first you'll get a free game.. second, Nintendo will stop giving us great promotions like the Zelda disc.

Basically, you're an asshat for doing it.. and a complete and utter asswipe for bragging about it.

[quote name='dafoomie']You should have been quiet. Now everyone will try it. And Nintendo won't be so nice to people in the future. It wouldn't have been so bad had you not told the world about it.

You could have bought one today for $29.99 and used the b1g1 deal at gamestop. But no. You had to ripoff Nintendo.

I hope someone takes your message ID and email address and reports you to Nintendo, not because of what you did, but because you were dumb enough to post them both here.[/quote]

Yea, already did that.

[quote name='dafoomie']You should have been quiet. Now everyone will try it. And Nintendo won't be so nice to people in the future. It wouldn't have been so bad had you not told the world about it.

I hope someone takes your message ID and email address and reports you to Nintendo, not because of what you did, but because you were dumb enough to post them both here.

Just in case you edit them out:
Message(#6851-000342-0536\3420536)
[email protected]

I'd have less of a problem if you had walked into EB and stole it. At least you'd be taking a risk.[/quote]

Should I write Nintendo right now? Work is kinda slow right now. I think it would be funny to see what the Big N did. :)

If your going to scam someone, scam someone evil. Like Al Qaeda, Microsoft, or Sony. Don't scam Nintendo or Sega.

[quote name='int80h']If your going to scam someone, scam someone evil. Like Al Qaeda, Microsoft, or Sony. Don't scam Nintendo or Sega.[/quote]

Shut the hell up. No corporation is evil. Period. Scamming Sony or MS is no better than scamming Nintendo.. you're still a lowlife, a thief. And you can't really scam Al Qaeda.. last I checked they weren't a coporation sending out freebies.

And after thinking on this.. this whole thread needs deleted. We don't need a rash of people scamming Nintendo for collector's discs being traced back to a post on this board.

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='dafoomie']You should have been quiet. Now everyone will try it. And Nintendo won't be so nice to people in the future. It wouldn't have been so bad had you not told the world about it.

I hope someone takes your message ID and email address and reports you to Nintendo, not because of what you did, but because you were dumb enough to post them both here.[/quote]

Yea, already did that.[/quote]

Guess I'll follow suit - maybe together we'll be noticed. And I have just gained much more respect for cornfedwb for sticking up for his beliefs.

This needs to be locked, we don't need people bragging about scams. It's not a deal so there is no reason to be bragging about it.

[quote name='smash bro']Yeah, probably should have thought of that first.[/quote]

Yeah, wouldn't have wanted to get caught stealing would you. Unfortunately I already saved the thread to my HDD, and sent three different emails to seperate individuals at Nintendo with all the information. I doubt they'll actually pursue it.. but god would that be poetic justice.

God, what a fool, now you edit it out like that matters. I hope Nintendo reads the emails sent by people of your original post before you edited it out and either stops shipment of your "free game" or charges you for it somehow.

I agree that scamming a disc out of Nintendo (or any other company for that matter) is unjust and not to be encouraged.

But you guys writing Nintendo and whining and pointing fingers is even worse. You sound like little Narcs running to tell teacher.

[quote name='meteors']I agree that scamming a disc out of Nintendo (or any other company for that matter) is unjust and not to be encouraged.

But you guys writing Nintendo and whining and pointing fingers is even worse. You sound like little Narcs running to tell teacher.[/quote]

You know what, if I see some punk put a CD in his coat at Wal-mart, I'll go tell someone there to. Its called civic responsibility. If you see someone steal a car.. do you just walk on and ignore it?

And yes, I realize the auto theft is a bigger deal.. but there's the principle of the matter.. and don't forget (for those of you that consider yourself Christian).. "all sins are equal in the eyes of God"

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='int80h']If your going to scam someone, scam someone evil. Like Al Qaeda, Microsoft, or Sony. Don't scam Nintendo or Sega.[/quote]

Shut the hell up. No corporation is evil. Period. Scamming Sony or MS is no better than scamming Nintendo.. you're still a lowlife, a thief. And you can't really scam Al Qaeda.. last I checked they weren't a coporation sending out freebies.

And after thinking on this.. this whole thread needs deleted. We don't need a rash of people scamming Nintendo for collector's discs being traced back to a post on this board.[/quote]

I think this guy was kidding about scamming Al -Qaeda and I imagine that while it is illegal to scam Microsoft or Sony or anyone, int80h
might be a fan of gamecube and thus prefer the other systems/companies get it. I never saw what the scam was, nor do I care. But chill out, I doubt lots of people are going to scam anyone.

edit: i used the wrong name.

[quote name='Arakias'][quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='int80h']If your going to scam someone, scam someone evil. Like Al Qaeda, Microsoft, or Sony. Don't scam Nintendo or Sega.[/quote]

And after thinking on this.. this whole thread needs deleted. We don't need a rash of people scamming Nintendo for collector's discs being traced back to a post on this board.[/quote]

I think this guy was kidding about scamming Al -Qaeda and I imagine that while it is illegal to scam Microsoft or Sony or anyone, Cornfedwb might be a fan of gamecube and thus prefer the other systems/companies get it. I never saw what the scam was, nor do I care. But chill out, I doubt lots of people are going to scam anyone.[/quote]

Actually, I own all three.. and if I'm a fan of any its the Xbox.

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='Arakias'][quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='int80h']If your going to scam someone, scam someone evil. Like Al Qaeda, Microsoft, or Sony. Don't scam Nintendo or Sega.[/quote]

I think this guy was kidding about scamming Al -Qaeda and I imagine that while it is illegal to scam Microsoft or Sony or anyone, Cornfedwb might be a fan of gamecube and thus prefer the other systems/companies get it. I never saw what the scam was, nor do I care. But chill out, I doubt lots of people are going to scam anyone.[/quote]

Actually, I own all three.. and if I'm a fan of any its the Xbox.[/quote]

edited my post, meant to say int80h

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='int80h']If your going to scam someone, scam someone evil. Like Al Qaeda, Microsoft, or Sony. Don't scam Nintendo or Sega.[/quote]
Shut the hell up. No corporation is evil. Period. [/quote]
My, what a sheltered life you lead.

How Corporations Became 'Persons': The amazing true story of a legal fiction that undermines American democracy.
http://www.uuworld.org/2003/03/feature1a.html

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='meteors']I agree that scamming a disc out of Nintendo (or any other company for that matter) is unjust and not to be encouraged.

But you guys writing Nintendo and whining and pointing fingers is even worse. You sound like little Narcs running to tell teacher.[/quote]

You know what, if I see some punk put a CD in his coat at Wal-mart, I'll go tell someone there to. Its called civic responsibility. If you see someone steal a car.. do you just walk on and ignore it?

And yes, I realize the auto theft is a bigger deal.. but there's the principle of the matter.. and don't forget (for those of you that consider yourself Christian).. "all sins are equal in the eyes of God"[/quote]

First of all, the Collecter's Disc is a FREE promotional give-away. I'm not advocating any kind of dishonesty here, but Nintendo is happy to give these away for various reasons (subscriptions, registering products, etc.). Secondly, if you see somebody stealing and try to stop it, that's one thing. If you find out somebody did something wrong and then you go tell their Mom/Dad/Teacher/Nintendo... that makes you lame in my opinion. You're not doing any good, you're just trying to get someone in trouble.

First of all, the Collecter's Disc is a FREE promotional give-away. I'm not advocating any kind of dishonesty here, but Nintendo is happy to give these away for various reasons (subscriptions, registering products, etc.)

Apparently its not free, because he SOLD his and he complained that EB sells them for $60.

EB is selling them, but they were given away from Nintendo for free. They're the true crooks IMHO.

They WERE giving them as a promotion for subscribing to Nintendo Power, and for registering certain games, but that is EXPIRED. You can no longer get them for free by any legitimate means. And it was NEVER free in the first place, you had to BUY something to get it.

[quote name='meteors']EB is selling them, but they were given away from Nintendo for free. They're the true crooks IMHO.[/quote]

For free, yeah, if you meet certain criteria, ie: regestering games, subscription etc. They did not give them away as part of the promotion if you wrote them lying saying they never shipped out a copy, which they did, and he subsquently sold to to a gamestore for profit. Your point makes no sense.

Thanks for defending me. But I did do wrong. And if Nintendo does find out, I'll either send it back to them or I'll pay for it somehow. And I am a Christian, and I have sinned. No matter who it is against. If you lie or steal from the Video Game Industry or any other, it's wrong.

Okay, let's talk about something else. Like, what is your favortie game on the The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition?

Mine would be The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. It made a great transistion to the 3D, and combines old Zelda gameplay, with add a ton of new gameplay. I hated collecting masks in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

[quote name='smash bro'] And I am a Christian, and I have sinned.[/quote]

Je-Whiz will not be happy.
better watch out, the 'nuge is gunna be comming after you with flaming arrows

[quote name='smash bro'] And if Nintendo does find out, I'll either send it back to them or I'll pay for it somehow.[/quote]

Yep, only if Nintendo finds out, I guess you can't just do it cause you're nice?

It's Gee-Whiz, not Je-Whiz

[quote name='smash bro']BTW, how do you guys get those avatars that look like CheapyD's only with add-ons?[/quote]

Just steal one. Oh, you're a christain, my bad. Steal one, then if you get caught, then send it back or pay for it, but only if you get caught.

The post was edited, and the link is down temp. cuz of Gamefaqs maintenence. WTF did this guy do? If you're reading it like I just did, there's no way to know.

Yeah, but if they don't do anything, or don't find out, and I send it back to them. Then they'll know that I lied to them! Then I'll like get banned from My Nintendo or something. And I have like eight games registered on the screen name. Only time will tell though. Maybe I can just buy the disc. I e-mailed them yesterday also asking them if they would let me purchase a The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest disc. I hope they say yes. But then if I buy it, I won't have enought money for Donkey Konga and three extra sets of DK Bongos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back