I Just Got A Brand New Copy Of The The Legend of Zelda:C ollector's Editon FREE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='BigHow']I'm waiting for the day that we get a thread where someone brags about stealing a game from their local store.

Woo! That'll be the cheapest ass deal ever![/quote]
Not really, I got 12 games for free from The Wherehouse and the store gave me 13 cents, the difference since the games were 4.99 each and I got $5 off

[quote name='scsg75'][quote name='meteors']EB is selling them, but they were given away from Nintendo for free. They're the true crooks IMHO.[/quote]

For free, yeah, if you meet certain criteria, ie: regestering games, subscription etc. They did not give them away as part of the promotion if you wrote them lying saying they never shipped out a copy, which they did, and he subsquently sold to to a gamestore for profit. Your point makes no sense.[/quote]

The disc is a FREE gift. You have to qualify by getting other Nintendo products but it's still a promotional gift.

Calling somebody and lying is not a promotion. Your point makes no sense, I'm not even sure what you're trying to call me out on. I don't defend this guy for scamming a disc, but I do think the guys tattling are lame.

Obviously Nintendo doesn't value them very much if they'll just send one out to somebody who calls and complains. You can't do that for a regular game.... probably only FREE ones. :twisted:

[quote name='meteors']
Obviously Nintendo doesn't value them very much if they'll just send one out to somebody who calls and complains. You can't do that for a regular game.... probably only FREE ones. :twisted:[/quote]

Uh... let's think. That doesn't mean Nintendo doesn't value the discs - that means Nintendo DOES value their customers.

[quote name='meteors'][quote name='scsg75'][quote name='meteors']EB is selling them, but they were given away from Nintendo for free. They're the true crooks IMHO.[/quote]

For free, yeah, if you meet certain criteria, ie: regestering games, subscription etc. They did not give them away as part of the promotion if you wrote them lying saying they never shipped out a copy, which they did, and he subsquently sold to to a gamestore for profit. Your point makes no sense.[/quote]

The disc is a FREE gift. You have to qualify by getting other Nintendo products but it's still a promotional gift.

Calling somebody and lying is not a promotion. Your point makes no sense, I'm not even sure what you're trying to call me out on. I don't defend this guy for scamming a disc, but I do think the guys tattling are lame.

Obviously Nintendo doesn't value them very much if they'll just send one out to somebody who calls and complains. You can't do that for a regular game.... probably only FREE ones. :twisted:[/quote]

Dude, Your point I believe was that Nintendo was giving them away for free.

My point was yes for free after meeting certain criteria.

My point was the criteria in the promotion did not include writing them a letter lying to them to get it for free, which this kid did.

Your original point was that Nintendo gave them away for free anyway, so no one really loses, which makes no sense because there were certain ways to get the disc for free all geared to promote and generate sales of other Nintendo products (games, subscriptions, systems) and lying was not one of them.

I'm not sure why this is so confusing for you

I bought my copy of Zelda Collector's disc at GameStop for about $10 after I traded in my Master Quest disc. Great games. :)

I didn't know about Nintendo's registration thing on their website. Pretty cool. I have a question, though:

Let's say that today I register my Gamecube, GBA SP, and 4 games. A month from now, Nintendo has a deal: register a system and 2 games, get Game X for free. Would I be able to get Game X, or would I have to register 2 games after they announce the promotion? Also, let's say I took advantage of the Game X promotion. If later they had a "register 4 games and get game Y," would I be able to get Game Y, or would the other 2 games I used for Game X be voided? Sorry if I'm confusing; it's kind of hard to word my questions.

Thanks,
J

You would get Game X. Because I had six games registered at nintendo.com when they announced the Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Bonus Disc. And they told me I already qualified for the disc. So all I had to do was click the button saying that I wanted the disc. It is being shipped to me right now.

[quote name='scsg75']

Your original point was that Nintendo gave them away for free anyway, so no one really loses, [/quote]

Wow, you need some new glasses. That wasn't my point at all, go back and freshen up on the thread.

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='meteors']I agree that scamming a disc out of Nintendo (or any other company for that matter) is unjust and not to be encouraged.

But you guys writing Nintendo and whining and pointing fingers is even worse. You sound like little Narcs running to tell teacher.[/quote]

You know what, if I see some punk put a CD in his coat at Wal-mart, I'll go tell someone there to. Its called civic responsibility. If you see someone steal a car.. do you just walk on and ignore it?

And yes, I realize the auto theft is a bigger deal.. but there's the principle of the matter.. and don't forget (for those of you that consider yourself Christian).. "all sins are equal in the eyes of God"[/quote]
Actually there is a law about this its called the Good Samaritan Law, all you fans of Seinfield should know about this law, since that is how they got locked up in jail. Now Im not sure if this a federal law and all have to abided by it, but I believe there are some states that have this law. So yes they maybe whinning to the teacher but they are also helping out the many loyal customers of Nintendo and of CAG.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I bought my copy of Zelda Collector's disc at GameStop for about $10 after I traded in my Master Quest disc. Great games. :)

I didn't know about Nintendo's registration thing on their website. Pretty cool. I have a question, though:

Let's say that today I register my Gamecube, GBA SP, and 4 games. A month from now, Nintendo has a deal: register a system and 2 games, get Game X for free. Would I be able to get Game X, or would I have to register 2 games after they announce the promotion? Also, let's say I took advantage of the Game X promotion. If later they had a "register 4 games and get game Y," would I be able to get Game Y, or would the other 2 games I used for Game X be voided? Sorry if I'm confusing; it's kind of hard to word my questions.

Thanks,
J[/quote]

I think people who registered their systems and 2 games for the Zelda Collector's Edition were able to use them towards the Metroid Prime 2 Bonus disc also. So I am guessing the answer to your question is yes, if I am understanding it correctly.

I can answer that one, Saucy Jack!
As of now - looking at the Metroid Prime 2 demo disk deal - you'd be able to get Games X and Y. For instance, when the Zelda promotion was first announced, I bought Mario & Luigi and Mario Kart - got the free game. Now, I'd already registered these, but it's now several months later and the Metroid Prime 2 demo disk promotion's just started - yet those two games still count towards the total number of games needed to get the Metroid demo disk. And even though I registered before the promotion, they're still valid.
So, yep, buy 'em in the past, the deal works, and use them for multiple promotions, the deal works. At least, that's what's happening so far. My guess is that instead of having a 15-game-code-registration promotion deal in the future, you'll have to purchase games B and C before you can get promotional deal Z.

[quote name='yeahokthenfu'][quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='meteors']I agree that scamming a disc out of Nintendo (or any other company for that matter) is unjust and not to be encouraged.

But you guys writing Nintendo and whining and pointing fingers is even worse. You sound like little Narcs running to tell teacher.[/quote]

You know what, if I see some punk put a CD in his coat at Wal-mart, I'll go tell someone there to. Its called civic responsibility. If you see someone steal a car.. do you just walk on and ignore it?

And yes, I realize the auto theft is a bigger deal.. but there's the principle of the matter.. and don't forget (for those of you that consider yourself Christian).. "all sins are equal in the eyes of God"[/quote]
Actually there is a law about this its called the Good Samaritan Law, all you fans of Seinfield should know about this law, since that is how they got locked up in jail. Now Im not sure if this a federal law and all have to abided by it, but I believe there are some states that have this law. So yes they maybe whinning to the teacher but they are also helping out the many loyal customers of Nintendo and of CAG.[/quote]

You have NO idea what you're talking about! That law is only for helping people in life threatening situations. It has absolutely nothing to do with telling on somebody who's doing something wrong.

[quote name='smash bro']Thanks for defending me. But I did do wrong. And if Nintendo does find out, I'll either send it back to them or I'll pay for it somehow. And I am a Christian, and I have sinned. No matter who it is against. If you lie or steal from the Video Game Industry or any other, it's wrong.

Okay, let's talk about something else. Like, what is your favortie game on the The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition?

Mine would be The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. It made a great transistion to the 3D, and combines old Zelda gameplay, with add a ton of new gameplay. I hated collecting masks in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.[/quote]
Look its that guy, you know the one who comes in a crowd pisses everyone off, and then tries to be cool with them, dude go back to your little non-christian thieving hole.

[quote name='meteors'][quote name='yeahokthenfu'][quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='meteors']I agree that scamming a disc out of Nintendo (or any other company for that matter) is unjust and not to be encouraged.

Actually there is a law about this its called the Good Samaritan Law, all you fans of Seinfield should know about this law, since that is how they got locked up in jail. Now Im not sure if this a federal law and all have to abided by it, but I believe there are some states that have this law. So yes they maybe whinning to the teacher but they are also helping out the many loyal customers of Nintendo and of CAG.[/quote]

You have NO idea what you're talking about! That law is only for helping people in life threatening situations. It has absolutely nothing to do with telling on somebody who's doing something wrong.[/quote]
I thought it was that and also if you are a witness to a crime, that you must report it to the feds or you could be charged with accomplance to a crime. Or is that some other law. Cuz if it is then please help me out here

If you see someone walking across the street, not at a cross walk, are you going to report them for jaywalking?

Our lives are full of minor crimes like that or going 5 MPH over the speed limit. I'd say scamming a free disc from Nintendo is worse than that, but not on the level of stealing a CD or stealing a car.

Well, I'm not proud of me. Not only have I scammed Nintendo, the only real video game company I like, but I have gotten everyone in the topic to argue about idiotic topics like jaywalking.

Walk like a proud man!

You got a free Game from a company that doesn't REALLY want you to have a FREE game.

Be VERY Proud.

[quote name='meteors']If you see someone walking across the street, not at a cross walk, are you going to report them for jaywalking?

Our lives are full of minor crimes like that or going 5 MPH over the speed limit. I'd say scamming a free disc from Nintendo is worse than that, but not on the level of stealing a CD or stealing a car.[/quote]
Last time I checked going over the speed limit is a Traffic Violation, not a crime. I could be wrong.

[quote name='smash bro']I was told that about, a half hour ago. That was the seond post in topic on GameFAQs. Can't someone delete this topic.[/quote]
Dude you could have deleted it a long time ago you are the creator owner

[quote name='smash bro']Well, I'm not proud of me. Not only have I scammed Nintendo, the only real video game company I like, but I have gotten everyone in the topic to argue about idiotic topics like jaywalking.[/quote]

Send the disk to me and you will be forgiven for you sin :wink:

[quote name='smash bro']I was told that about, a half hour ago. That was the seond post in topic on GameFAQs. Can't someone delete this topic.[/quote]

I know, because I posted it. :lol:

h2dk, I'll get back to on that. And redline, and didn't even look at your screen name. I should have known. How did you know I posted it here, too?

[quote name='yeahokthenfu'][quote name='meteors']If you see someone walking across the street, not at a cross walk, are you going to report them for jaywalking?

Our lives are full of minor crimes like that or going 5 MPH over the speed limit. I'd say scamming a free disc from Nintendo is worse than that, but not on the level of stealing a CD or stealing a car.[/quote]
Last time I checked going over the speed limit is a Traffic Violation, not a crime. I could be wrong.[/quote]

No, you're right. But seriously we're just splitting hairs at this point. If you feel like tattling on someone is a good idea, go for it. But when something has already happened, that is of no consequence to anyone but the two parties involved, I think it's not your place to go crying to Mom/Dad/Teacher/Nintendo.

[quote name='smash bro']How?[/quote]
There should be an X at the right hand corner of the beginning of the topic, just click it and bye bye topic. Ive done this one topics when I realized it was already posted.

Isn't that only if nobody has posted in the topic. I didn't realize that this would start a bunch of contreversary so I thought nothing of it. But now people are e-mailing and arguing.

Good lord, go read the FAQ:
Please note that normal users cannot delete a post once someone has replied.

Just relax already. If you're so ashamed of what you done do us all the favor and go away.

[quote name='dafoomie']You should have been quiet. Now everyone will try it. And Nintendo won't be so nice to people in the future. It wouldn't have been so bad had you not told the world about it.

You could have bought one today for $29.99 and used the b1g1 deal at gamestop. But no. You had to ripoff Nintendo.

I hope someone takes your message ID and email address and reports you to Nintendo, not because of what you did, but because you were dumb enough to post them both here.

Just in case you edit them out:
Message(#6851-000342-0536\3420536)
[email protected]

I'd have less of a problem if you had walked into EB and stole it. At least you'd be taking a risk.[/quote]

I did that to someone on CAG who scammed MS when they were getting free years of XBL. I wish I remembered who. :(

yeahokthenfu wrote:
I thought it was that and also if you are a witness to a crime, that you must report it to the feds or you could be charged with accomplance to a crime. Or is that some other law. Cuz if it is then please help me out here

It doesn't matter if it is the same law or not, the point is that they are both laws, and technically speaking, anyone on this messageboard is just as guilty as smash bro is if someone decided to prosecute (except for those who reported him). So meteors, just because you have lower moral values than some on this site, doesn't make them terrible people. "Narc" is such a stupid phrase, invented by low-life scum who want to paint a bad picture on those who would do right. I seldom agree with everything that Cornfedwb says, but I too have a great deal more respect for him since he posted on this subject.

[quote name='MorPhiend']
yeahokthenfu wrote:

It doesn't matter if it is the same law or not, the point is that they are both laws, and technically speaking, anyone on this messageboard is just as guilty as smash bro is if someone decided to prosecute (except for those who reported him). So meteors, just because you have lower moral values than some on this site, doesn't make them terrible people. "Narc" is such a stupid phrase, invented by low-life scum who want to paint a bad picture on those who would do right. I seldom agree with everything that Cornfedwb says, but I too have a great deal more respect for him since he posted on this subject.[/quote]

You are so out of your mind I don't even know where to start.

Prosecute? For what? Fraud? I don't have lower moral values because I think it's stupid to go tattling on people. I leave the people involved to judge. Since I did not witness the "crime", nor was involved in its execution, nor was it a violent crime or one that could harm others, I am liable for nothing.

Anyway, never have I condoned the actions of the kid who started this thread. Pay attention Narc :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back