I just got an Xbox, what games should I get?

Lefty

CAGiversary!
Hey. I just got an X-Box and I was wondering what games I should get. I currently own Star Wars: Clone Wars and Tetris Worlds (They came with the console) and Midtown Madness 3 (My sister bought it for me) and I will be getting Halo tomorrow.

I also wish to brag about getting a free controller from Target. There is a deal going on where you get a Madcatz controller free if you purchase a console, which is pretty sweet. $25.99 value, free!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Metal Arms: Glitch in the System is an awesome game..........Once I got it I couldnt put it down

Well u definatly need Star Wars KOTOR since its only the best game of the year from IGN. So its a must have for Xbox gamers. And this Tuesday Ninja Gaiden comes out, which is one sweet ass game, just warning it has A LOT of gore/blood. Otherwise theres just not that many great games for Xbox. Xbox has been living off of Halo for too long.

Get Project Gotham 2, Rainbow 6 3 and a year of Xbox Live with the head set and Mech Assult. That, in addition to what you have will keep you busy for a long long time.

Alright. I just traded a few of my old N64 games for Blood Wake, Project Gotham Racing, and Kabuki Warriors. I think I'll be pretty much set after I get a few more games. I know that I'll be getting KOTOR sometime in the near future, as well as Splinter Cell and whatever cheap games look like fun.

yeah, it's terrible that xbox has been living off halo. these other xbox-exclusive games are out already and really suck:

voodoo vince
crimson skies
deus ex invisible war
otogi
max payne 2 (mp2 on ps2 looks like a psone game)
top spin
morrowind
crimson sea
panzer dragoon orta
mechassault
unreal
dead or alive 3
syberia
broken sword
shenmue ii
steel battalion
star wars kotor
ninja gaiden
ddr ultramix
house of the dead 3
armed and dangerous
project gotham racing 1&2

plus all the multiplatform stuff...

yup, the game selection on xbox sucks....

Although it's multiplatform, it looks and sounds the best on the XBox... definately pick up Beyond Good and Evil. Same scenario goes for Prince of Persia. Both just excellent games. My personal favorite is Panzer Dragoon Orta for the exclusive title. I'm currently playing Project Gotham 2 (holding me out until GT4) and Crimson Skies. As the others mentioned, these two are also great. Lots of great games for the XBox now. You're going to have a blast.

I rather like Jet Set Radio Future, Rallisport Challenge, Deathrow, and if you don't own it on another platform, the GTA double pack.

i personnaly like DOA 3 but i was a fan from the beggining. the gta doublepack is good too but after you beat vice city you realize that you wont like GTA 3 anymore. i think max payne and max payne 2 are awesome but lots of people dont care for the shortness of MP2. also you might want to get XBOX live if you have broadband then you can play PSO 1&2 and counterstrike. other good games ar Splinter
Cell (pandora tomorrow comes out in mid March), rainbow 6 3, ghost recon.

I've gotten a good bit of play out of NBA Street Vol 2, Madden 04, GTA Double pack, KOTOR.

If you want some cheap ass deals:

Two good ones you can get for very cheap are Genma Onimusha and the Sega GT/JSRF combo from ebgames.com Get the used versions and use AFF25 and the total will be $12.75 I believe.

I-Ninja is a fun little 3d platformer, $15 at BB using the GGC.

And you might want to check your local Target to see if you can score Fuzion Frenzy for $5 (many are still at $20) fun game for when you have friends over.

So how much is shipping on those games, Wubb? Or do those codes automatically give free shipping? That'd be sweet times one billion.

[quote name='Lefty']So how much is shipping on those games, Wubb? Or do those codes automatically give free shipping? That'd be sweet times one billion.[/quote]
I think with the EB super saver shipping or whatever its called you can get it shipped free.

What type of games do you like?

Brute Force is a fun multiplayer game and is cheap.
Star Wars K.O.T.O.R is a great RPG
Morrowind - I personally didn't like but I know quite a few people that have spent MANY hours in this game.
Ninja Gaiden looks like one of the best action games on any current system.
Deathrow is pretty fun IMO and is real cheap.
Enclave is another good game that is real cheap.
Plus many other great games, just kind (genre) of tell us what you are looking for and we can help you even greater.

Sega GT Online is a great Cheap Ass Deal if you're a car guy. A really solid racer for $20... hard to beat. And, as the name implies, it's got a decent online function.

[quote name='jaliyaj']yeah, it's terrible that xbox has been living off halo. these other xbox-exclusive games are out already and really suck:

voodoo vince
crimson skies
deus ex invisible war
otogi
max payne 2 (mp2 on ps2 looks like a psone game)
top spin
morrowind
crimson sea
panzer dragoon orta
mechassault
unreal
dead or alive 3
syberia (not out yet)
broken sword
shenmue ii
steel battalion
star wars kotor
ninja gaiden
ddr ultramix
house of the dead 3
armed and dangerous
project gotham racing 1&2

plus all the multiplatform stuff...

yup, the game selection on xbox sucks....[/quote]

All the bolded games are multiplatform in some incarnation. Don't get me wrong, I love my Xbox, but don't lie to the guy.

A bunch of those games you say are on other platforms are just on PC. We're talking about consoles, aren't we? Morrowind is PC/XBOX, Crimson Skies I still think is just XBOX, Deus Ex is PC/XBOX, Unreal PC/XBOX, Syberia is just a garbage game, don't even worry about that, KOTOR is PC/XBOX... I mean you act like he was naming a bunch of gamecube and ps2 games and heralding them as the reason he should buy an XBOX, which he wasnt. There are some PC ports (and vice versa, like with Halo/KOTOR), basically, but you cant find em on PS2 or GC. Anyway, not attacking you, just pointing out that some people think of 'exclusive' as being one of the three main console systems, not counting PC.

[quote name='st0neface'][quote name='Lefty']So how much is shipping on those games, Wubb? Or do those codes automatically give free shipping? That'd be sweet times one billion.[/quote]
I think with the EB super saver shipping or whatever its called you can get it shipped free.[/quote]

That is correct. No coupon code required, just choose the slowest shipping option (it tries to default you to a $6 option, so be sure to actually look before you click through)

[quote name='ksuwild25']Deathrow is pretty fun IMO and is real cheap.[/quote]

I've been eyeing this one. Is it the type of game you can just pick up and play right away or do you need an hour or so to get acclimated to the rules of the fantasy sport, etc? I'm asking to see how it would work if I wanted to play multiplayer with a couple friends who had never seen the game before.

Single player mode is good?

I've been waiting to see if ebgames will drop the POed version by a few bucks.

I see exclusivity as one console. I really don't care if it goes to PC or not. I mean, many people (myself included) buy consoles for cheap and powerful gaming because they can't afford to upgrade their computer every six months.

Now for a corporate explanation of an "exclusive" title. The fact is, when a video game is on only ONE of the three major consoles, the licensing fees only go to one company, Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft. There are little to no fees for creating PC software other than the technology you use to make the source code. The fact that only one of the big three sees a cut off of the top of any single game makes it "exclusive", I.E. the licensing money for KOTOR is exclusively Microsoft's.

:x i cant belive that people hate morrowind............it sux at first but after about 3 hrs of playin you get caught up in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!get morrowind goty

bread's done
Back