I just got bad news.....

I remember the only question they asked my brother in jury selection:
"Sir, how much importance do you place on DNA evidence?"
"You mean Deoxyribonucleic Acid? Eliminates 99.98% of the population"
"Ya, you're done."

Are you allowed to talk about the case out of court? I didn't think you were allowed to share any details of a case when you have jury duty

[quote name='Scorch']Are you allowed to talk about the case out of court? I didn't think you were allowed to share any details of a case when you have jury duty[/quote]

Weren't you paying attention? He's incompetent.

[quote name='Poor2More']1x count of Cardinal Knowledge
1x count of Assault
10x counts of Rape[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you mean carnal knowledge. I see what you mean about incompetent.;)

[quote name='Scorch']Are you allowed to talk about the case out of court? I didn't think you were allowed to share any details of a case when you have jury duty[/quote]

It depends on the case and who you're talking to. The judge has the option to order the jurors to not speak about the case. You definitely can't make contact in any way with either the prosecutor or defense attorney while in the jury selection process.

[quote name='halvorsb']One of my favorite quotes ever.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

No kidding. And followed up by 1 count of "cardinal" knowledge. as pointed out above LMAO. :D

What a classic post.

[quote name='Scorch']Are you allowed to talk about the case out of court? I didn't think you were allowed to share any details of a case when you have jury duty[/QUOTE]

They generally don't want you talking about it while your on the case as your opinion shouldn't be influenced outside the courtroom. Again as above, it depends mostly on judges orders. If it's super crucial they'll just sequester the jury.

But most trials are open to the public (pretty much all outside of highly publicized cases) so it's not like it's secret knowledge after the fact, or if you're dismissed etc.

[quote name='dmaul1114']:lol:

No kidding. And followed up by 1 count of "cardinal" knowledge. as pointed out above LMAO. :D

What a classic post.

They generally don't want you talking about it while your on the case as your opinion shouldn't be influenced outside the courtroom. Again as above, it depends mostly on judges orders. If it's super crucial they'll just sequester the jury.

But most trials are open to the public (pretty much all outside of highly publicized cases) so it's not like it's secret knowledge after the fact, or if you're dismissed etc.[/quote]

Bingo, what I told you all about the case is common knowledge to the public, I do NOT know specific details, because people who were not selected had to leave the court room before the actual case started in the court room.

[quote name='neocisco']I'm pretty sure you mean carnal knowledge. I see what you mean about incompetent.;)[/quote]

Maybe he was in Baltimore, where it's all about the Orioles!

bread's done
Back