I just noticed this, but when Sony changed their logo on all of the boxart...

Fortune_P_Dawg

CAGiversary!
...they changed the cases too. They no longer say "PLAYSTATION 3" in the top righthand corner of the case. And it seems as though they started using the new cases on games still sporting the old boxart logo as well.

I don't know, I was really bored...

[quote name='Fortune_P_Dawg']...they changed the cases too. They no longer say "PLAYSTATION 3" in the top righthand corner of the case. And it seems as though they started using the new cases on games still sporting the old boxart logo as well.

I don't know, I was really bored...[/QUOTE]
Wow dude, you must not look at PS3 games much. This happened a long time ago and I beleive the cases changed well before the box art changed too.

[quote name='wrencrest']Wow dude, you must not look at PS3 games much. This happened a long time ago and I beleive the cases changed well before the box art changed too.[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess I just never looked at them that closely haha. I figured they switched the cases back around the release of Uncharted 2 and/or Borderlands.

[quote name='Fortune_P_Dawg']Well, I guess I just never looked at them that closely haha. I figured they switched the cases back around the release of Uncharted 2 and/or Borderlands.[/QUOTE]

Somewhere around there I think the first redesign I got was either Uncharted 2 or Heavy Rain I think

I guess the reason I noticed was because I was changning out some old boxes for newer ones for games I am going to keep. So I was looking them all over pretty well. Call me anal...

EDIT: Apparently the box art changed around September 2009.

[quote name='dmdragon']Somewhere around there I think the first redesign I got was either Uncharted 2 or Heavy Rain I think[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Uncharted 2 was the first game to feature the new design.

I'm not 100% sure, still investigating, but I think that PS3 and Bluray cases may be a bit smaller than traditional DVD and Game cases.

bread's done
Back