I just realized - there's no AMPED 3 thread here...

mmn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Even though everyone I know who has played Amped 3 enjoyed it a lot, its not really talked about or even thought about. I wonder why that is?

Anyhow, figured I'd start a thread about the BEST "sports game" on the 360. The graphics are great and the story is actually entertaining. The controls can be touchy, but once you get used to them its no more difficult than any SSX game.

Plus you can usually find this for $40 or less (I got my copy at EB for right around $40 after discounts).

Yeah, it's a fun game. Although having no online multiplayer really hurts it. I think I 100% completed the game in about 9 hours and then I sold it for what I paid for it.

I enjoyed it immensely more than the previous Amped games and I honestly liked it better than any of the SSX titles.

Yeah, heres to hoping theres an Amped 4 with online play next time around. Although from what I remember Amped 2 people were just abusing tricks to score massive amounts of points and there was little balance in the competition, although I guess I'm sure the same thing happens with Tony Hawk online.

I loved all the cutscenes and random stuff in Amped 3, and the game was pretty good too. I'm probably going to buy it when it goes down in price more though.

i want to get this game, i really enjoyed the previous amped games.
is it worth the 50/60 dollar pricetag.....or is it more a 20/30 dollar game?

The gameplay is too simplistic and stripped down for it's own good, but, fortunately, everything takes backseat to the amazing presentation and storyline.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I think for it to be considered a 50/60 dollar game it would need some sort of online mode. I think it's a great snag at $40 or so though.[/quote]

your right, there is no online mode...just bogus leaderboard crap.

might as well pick up amped 2 again for cheap...

EDIT**Oh i forgot, amped 2 isnt backward compatable...fuck you microsoft, this is really fucking annoying.

Great story, fun game but is really missing online play. I finished the story mode and impressed everyone on the mountain. I still have to go back and complete all the courses and get all gold metals for all events.

Does anyone know to get the acheivements for the metals all events and all golds do I have to complete the co-op missions as well?

[quote name='flybrione']Great story, fun game but is really missing online play. I finished the story mode and impressed everyone on the mountain. I still have to go back and complete all the courses and get all gold metals for all events.

Does anyone know to get the acheivements for the metals all events and all golds do I have to complete the co-op missions as well?[/quote]

No, the co-op missions don't matter.

Oh, and if you are going for 100% completion, you will quickly discover another flaw in the game: no checklist of goals or highlighted goals. It's really quite annoying to go from mountain to mountain looking at the maps and trying to find the last couple of goals that you haven't completed yet.

For those who haven't gotten Amped 3 yet but were thinking about purchasing it. From time to time at Ebgames.com you will find it selling used for $44.99. If you put in a few codes such as cag15,edge card and saver you will get it for under $40 shipped. It's a pretty good deal for those who haven't picked it up yet. I have amped 3 but have been playing the hell out of Gun lately that I have yet to really do anything more than screw around in it.

I got a sealed copy off half.com for $40 shipped. Awesome game. It usually goes fairly cheap on half.com and ebay so just keep checking those two places if you don't want to drop the 60 dollars at a retail store.

[quote name='shipwreck']No, the co-op missions don't matter.

Oh, and if you are going for 100% completion, you will quickly discover another flaw in the game: no checklist of goals or highlighted goals. It's really quite annoying to go from mountain to mountain looking at the maps and trying to find the last couple of goals that you haven't completed yet.[/QUOTE]

Actually I noticed that a long time ago and that is the main reason I did not just go through the first time and try to get all gold metals or complete each event.

After a certain point on the second mountain I decided that I would just complete the story and impress everyone on every mountain. Then go back and try to get the last three acheivements, all golds, complete all courses with a medal and builder.

I was really pleasantly surprised and how fun Amped 3 was. Pretty challenging too. BTW, if you are having trouble getting the 100% stuff, try zooming in especially at the top of the mountain. I was able to eventually find them all that way. I never did get the Supreme Snow God though. Just couldn't beat a couple of those ring mission things and then my save got wiped out.

[quote name='flybrione']Actually I noticed that a long time ago and that is the main reason I did not just go through the first time and try to get all gold metals or complete each event.

After a certain point on the second mountain I decided that I would just complete the story and impress everyone on every mountain. Then go back and try to get the last three acheivements, all golds, complete all courses with a medal and builder.[/quote]Is there some way to know where the spectators are especially in the backwoods runs? It's a pain in the ass trying to find some of them on some of the mountains.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Is there some way to know where the spectators are especially in the backwoods runs? It's a pain in the ass trying to find some of them on some of the mountains.[/QUOTE]

I don't remeber what mountain that is but the way I went about impressing most spectators was to build up my awesomeness and then right before it was full go to the top of the mountain and then do tricks all the way to the bottom. This really worked on almost every mountain. I just would take a different path down the hill everytime to locate more spectators.

I know for a fact the one mountain has no spectators to impress and one's spectators are on a secret area of the mountain you'll unlock as you progress through story mode. I got about 50 people impressed and could not find anyone else so I just continued with the story mode and they all appeared in the little section.

from what i've played so far...i think the game is pretty fun too. does anyone know how long it takes before you can unlock your first gamertag achievement?

I'm kind of tempted since it's 39 at frys this week. However not sure if I need it just yet. I mainly want to play since I ski at northstar all the time

[quote name='Zoglog']I'm kind of tempted since it's 39 at frys this week. However not sure if I need it just yet. I mainly want to play since I ski at northstar all the time[/QUOTE]

Don't be too tempted - the $39.99 is a price drop, not a sale.

Just picked this up today for $31.50 ($35 used Plus Edge Card )
Having alot of fun with it.

This game is a lot of fun! It's a good game where you can try to complete each event or just go down the mountain doing tricks.

My favorite part of this game is the music. I wish there was a soundtrack for sale because I really like it.

As stupid as it is .. I love sledding in this game... especially once your get the rocket sled. Launching out over the cliffs then bailing from the sled and watching the crash just has a certain appeasing effect for me.

you should definitely consider it, its funny and fun. i think that price is its permanent pricing now though. its been at that price for over a week on EBgames.

Well there is one used copy available for $31.99 + tax and $3 shipping from a Wichita CDtradepost, check out the thread in my sig for info.

Wichita, KS (Pawnee & Seneca) TSX AMPED 3 / GAME $31.99

i think you'll find its a pretty good game. its one of those games I can casually pick up and play through while trying to conquer another game (for instance, GRAW right now).

This game is pretty fun and the innovation (art design and style, story, etc.) is refreshing. You can feel that they just said lets make a good game and let it be what it is, instead of the usual marketing job where its just designed to make money and everything is boxed into convention. Just a chill game. Surprising it didn't get more acclaim.

[quote name='Slade555']This game is pretty fun and the innovation (art design and style, story, etc.) is refreshing. You can feel that they just said lets make a good game and let it be what it is, instead of the usual marketing job where its just designed to make money and everything is boxed into convention. Just a chill game. Surprising it didn't get more acclaim.[/quote]

I like the way you bumped an 11 month old topic, to talk about a game nobody gave a shit about 11 months ago. Well played, search forum button user, well played.

[quote name='JimmieMac']I like the way you bumped an 11 month old topic, to talk about a game nobody gave a shit about 11 months ago. Well played, search forum button user, well played.[/QUOTE]

I like the way you responded like an ass to a post about a good video game in its proper thread and forum. This is Cheap Ass Gamer. Not everyone games on purely new releases. As if Amped 3 or this thread is any less relevant to a gamer. Well played, jackass, well played.

Jimmiemac = dick

Amped 3 = fun.

I appreciate the rebirth of the thread. This game has been one of my favorites so far on the 360.

I'm really enjoying Amped 3, hated Amped 2 but 3 is a return to form for the series. It is a shame there's no online mode though.

Amazon had it for $20 in late Nov, was a steal at that price.

I just bought this game the other day at best buy for 19.99 brand new. It had one of those large stickers with a hand written price on it. They also had some college basketball game for 9.99, I passed on that one.
But yeah, Amped3 is pretty sweet. Ive been enjoying it. I havent played much of it yet but what I have is really cool. I like the free roam aspect.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']It didn't get its "acclaim" because there is no online mode..simple as that.[/QUOTE]

Yup I wish it had some kind of online anything.

bread's done
Back