I just received a cache of old Atari 2600 games..What should I do with them?

Xevious

CAGiversary!
My mom just gave me a box with a lot of old Atari 2600 games (She was cleaning house). I'm not sure what to do with them. Ebay is not paying a lot for them so I'm curious to see if anyone else has a suggestion....

EDIT:

Here is the list

ATARI:
E.T.
Outlaw
Combat
Yars Revenge
Vanguard
Asteriods
Adventure
Swordquest: Earthworld
Breakout
Circus Atari
Championship Soccer
Super Breakout
Space Invaders
Pac-man
Missile Command
Berzerk

ACTIVISION:
Spider Fighter
Fishing Derby
Skiing
Keystone Kapers
Seaquest
Sky Jinks
Plaque Attack
Stampede
Starmaster
Chopper Command
Tennis
Pitfal

IMAGIC:
Star Voyager
Cosmic Ark
Demon Attack

CBS ELECTRONICS:
Mountain King

Parker Brothers:

Frogger

I wish I had an Atari here....I wouldn't mind playing these games again.. I'm actually now on the fence whether or not I want to sell them. I'm not sure though...

Why don't you list what you have? Then we will all post to ship certain ones to us instead of shipping individual ones. Or, this might lead to someone determining if anything in your cache is worth anything and go from there.

[quote name='The-Bavis']Why don't you list what you have? Then we will all post to ship certain ones to us instead of shipping individual ones. Or, this might lead to someone determining if anything in your cache is worth anything and go from there.[/quote] I packed them away in my luggage so I won't have a list together till tomorrow. Its a good suggestion..

ET eh? Hmmm a Landfill seems awfully fitting :) Just kidding. You might want to just keep them (if you have the space) otherwise, yeah just donate them or sell them all at one time on eBay. That way you'll get a little something for them and you'll make some 2600 collector very happy simultaneously. Great way to start the new Year ^_^

Well, those are some good games you have there, but none jump out as particularly valuable or anything. If you are determined to not enjoy them yourself, I'd put them in a lot on eBay.

carve up the cartridges and make a handbag/purse out of them. Then sell it for tons of money.

Not only will you break the hearts of collectors (always good in my eyes), if you do a good job and get enough attention, you could make far more money than you would if you sold them as a lot of carts.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Who uses the word "cache" in that way these days?

:applause:[/quote]

I'm just giving this thread the proper Old-school flavor...Maybe I was TOO old school :lol:

Well, I have my Atari 2600 though, and some of those games are still very fun (Bezerk is always good for a run through). Whether it's worth buying an Atari 2600 would be up to you.

I doutt you'd get much on ebay for those games. Might be worth just holding onto them. I've found if you hold onto stuff long enough (like this) what to do with it usually becomes obvious.

I still have my 2600 hooked up and play games from time to time. I wouldn't mind having a few those if you decide not to sell them on ebay and don't want to keep them.

bread's done
Back