I just sold a Call of Duty Black Ops Zombie code on ebay.... now i need help

[quote name='skiizim']I'll be perfectly honest, I report these to ebay when I see them. Well, just the ones that say code will be emailed.[/QUOTE]

Under what exactly? This whole scenario has happened to me over a year ago. And while I don't recall that user anymore, I'd like to know for future reference.

Oh and this jerk is selling GT5 somehow factory sealed without a DLC. Would eBay issue a refund if the seller ships an item to you, but it somehow appears smashed by a hammer when you received it?

I really hate selling DLC codes on eBay. You'll run into lots of honest buyers, but recently I ran into one that bought one of my DLC codes that was from a brand new game and claimed it didn't work. I called up Microsoft and they said it was redeemed the day he told me it didn't work. I was still boned out of the money regardless and he gave me a neutral feedback as the grand finale.

Microsoft did tell me that you can get the police involved over digital codes, and they even have a criminal theft number for the police to call them up.

Reading this thread, I'll stick to mailing codes whenever possible.

The big question is how do you reliably and safely sell those codes you get from Amazon/Gamestop in email form? Gamestop especially because they can screw up in such weird ways (Two years ago I got a L4D 2 demo code for PC, I replied with "I didn't pre-order Left 4 Dead 2 for the PC, so they sent me a 360 code...)

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Under what exactly? This whole scenario has happened to me over a year ago. And while I don't recall that user anymore, I'd like to know for future reference.

Oh and this jerk is selling GT5 somehow factory sealed without a DLC. Would eBay issue a refund if the seller ships an item to you, but it somehow appears smashed by a hammer when you received it?[/QUOTE]

Speaking from the perspective of someone who has lived off of ebay for the last 8 years: Ebya is a giant PRICK to sellers, they are entirely on the side of the buyer because they need buyers more than they need sellers.

So yes, you are completely safe, and even if ebay doesn't back you up, Paypal will.

I wish ebay would learn that without Sellers, there are no buyers. I didn't think I could get this angry over a stupid $25 auction.

As a side note, how many other people have seen the Borderlands GOTY DLC on the disc itself? His claim is that it has never been put on the discs.

Looking at his auctions, he must work at a GS, BB, or somewhere that opens cases for display, and maybe takes the codes and sells them. Not sure on that, just a hunch.

[quote name='bskeillor']I wish ebay would learn that without Sellers, there are no buyers. I didn't think I could get this angry over a stupid $25 auction.

As a side note, how many other people have seen the Borderlands GOTY DLC on the disc itself? His claim is that it has never been put on the discs.

Looking at his auctions, he must work at a GS, BB, or somewhere that opens cases for display, and maybe takes the codes and sells them. Not sure on that, just a hunch.[/QUOTE]
I myself haven't physically SEEN a disc but I saw the listing for the Claptrap one on Amazon, and with the Fallout discs left and right I wouldn't doubt it one bit.

And the Gamestop theory is not that out-there a concept actually, I hear "Yeah my friend that works at ____ hooked me up with the codes, they're just going to toss them out anyway" story all the time, even a couple of anonymous stories saying the person does exactly what you said

[quote name='bskeillor']I can't believe it after reading this post. This guy just bought my copy of Borderlands GOTY edition and refused to pay for it. It has the DLC on the disc and can be installed and used without a code. He said he won the auction so that I wouldn't be cheating/lying to another user because DLC only comes from a store. He even threatened to give me a negative feeback and laughed because I couldn't leave him a negative for not paying.[/QUOTE]

The Borderlands GOTY extra content is not on the disc. It is on a one-time use voucher that comes with new copies of the game.

bread's done
Back