I just watch a Uwe Boll film...

winterice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Ok, I wasn't really watching it and didn't even know it was a Uwe Boll film until the end credits rolled. I was watching a basketball game and was flicking through the guide during free throws and commercials and I saw the title "In Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tales" on Showtime, I think. Anyway the movie wasn't good but damn, it's got a pretty star studded cast. There was Ray Liotta, Burt Reynolds, Jason Statham, the Hellboy actor, Leelee Sobieski (beautiful with a great rack) and some few others that I've seen before but can't remember their names. Did this ever make it to the theaters? Was the gaming mass hyped for it? These actors and actresses were either desperate for a role or they were sold some BS about this script/movie being the next LoTR, lol.

I don't know. The acting acting was pretty hard to watch. I don't think the dialogue was any much better either. I wasn't feeling Ray Liotta's monolouge. Also, in the scene after the battle in the forest where the white guy was fight the black guy one-on-one was just flat out wrong. I'm not a sword expert but the black guy was using his sword like a rapier. Where one arm is bent and the hand is place on the waist. It was just so fucking weird, lol.

I was going to watch that after hearing who the cast was (and the plot seemed interesting enough) but then I saw the director and passed.

I haven't seen it but the film is rated one of the better ones.... yeah the cast is pretty big, but that can't save all movies.

I thought the 1st Bloodrayne wasn't too bad... 2nd was just cheesy.

Again I take his movies with the fact that they should be showing up on SciFi as a SciFi directed/produced movie....

Yes, this movie was in theaters. I saw TONS of commercials for it on TV. They really were trying to play up the fantasy/LOTR angle. God know how they got the cast to sign on for it. And like all of Uwe's movies....I saw tons of awful reviews from all sources. Gaming news, movie news, etc.

It just sends a shiver up your spine when you think about this guy and any franchise you may like

Postal is fantastic. It's completely off the wall and controversial just like the game. If you're a fan of the games, you'll love the movie.

[quote name='Scorch']Postal is fantastic. It's completely off the wall and controversial just like the game. If you're a fan of the games, you'll love the movie.[/QUOTE]

The opening that was posted on the internet was damn amusing, unfortunately I don't think think it was playing near me.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']The opening that was posted on the internet was damn amusing, unfortunately I don't think think it was playing near me.[/quote]

You might've missed it as it was a small release, but it came out on DVD/Blu-Ray a few months ago.

[quote name='Scorch']You might've missed it as it was a small release, but it came out on DVD/Blu-Ray a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I'm not gonna pay $25 on Amazon for any Uwe Boll movie.

[quote name='Scorch']Postal is fantastic. It's completely off the wall and controversial just like the game. If you're a fan of the games, you'll love the movie.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree on Postal. Saw it because the trailers always looked funny for it and was shocked by how hilarious the movie was at time. I think its kinda sad that Postal probably was the best he has done by far yet no one saw the damn movie.

[quote name='Scorch']Postal is fantastic. It's completely off the wall and controversial just like the game. If you're a fan of the games, you'll love the movie.[/quote]

I thought that one was still being held from distribution:lol: I hadn't even known it was released in theatres/dvd. I don't eve think anyone cared to pirate it.:lol:

bread's done
Back