I just went to see Saw 2 last night and here's my thoughts..*spoiler-free*

josherz

CAGiversary!
ok... i thought i go see a horror last night...but this movie really wasnt scary. i mean it was bloody and gorey and all that but it really never made me jump out of my seat... and well its one of those that keeps you guessing for awhile and you dont start to find out things not till the end...if you like bloody, violent movies then go see this...but if your looking for a scare i would just pass this one up...trust me on this... i think it deserves a 6 or 7 out of 10...

Personally I thought it was as good as the first. The movie is very gory, I just love watching people fall into the traps. It's not scary in the startle you sense, but it is somewhat suspenseful figuring out what's going to happen next.

Yeah the first one wasnt scary and my mom still absolutley loved it. ANd thats pretty rare for her to like a movie. I might see this tomorrow.

I saw this last night as well, and I absolutely loved it. I knew from the start it wasn't supposed to be a scary movie (just like the first one wasn't) and with that knowledge... well, it was very suspenseful.

It was amazing, expecially the ending and how everything fell together. I think it may have been the best movie I have seen all year.

I give it a 9/10

I just saw it today and I thought it was great. It was just as good as the first movie. Very violent and gory.

And for the people saying its not scary, its not supposed to be scary! Don't say "This movie isn't scary," because it's not a horror movie. Thats like saying Saving Private Ryan isn't funny.

[quote name='tcrash247']I just saw it today and I thought it was great. It was just as good as the first movie. Very violent and gory.

And for the people saying its not scary, its not supposed to be scary! Don't say "This movie isn't scary," because it's not a horror movie. Thats like saying Saving Private Ryan isn't funny.[/QUOTE]

but saving private ryan isn't funny :lol:

it was a very gorey movie, IMO I thought it was excellent, I loved the first one. IMO also the first one was better because it was more of a mystery than this one but still a great movie.

i dont think ill be forgetting the "death mask" anytime soon. :D hmm and i gave it a decent score because i wanted a scary movie that night not a mystery film, but overall this movie is a maybe see in theatres and/or a definate rent.:argue:

[quote name='Slipknot9762']it was a very gorey movie, IMO I thought it was excellent, I loved the first one. IMO also the first one was better because it was more of a mystery than this one but still a great movie.[/QUOTE]

Username: Slipknot9762

'Nuff said

[quote name='The VGM']Username: Slipknot9762

'Nuff said[/QUOTE]

Yeah, let's ridicule people for music choice! That means their opinion doesn't matter! Woooo! :roll:

I watched it last night and it wasn't as good as the first but still enjoyable. This one wasnt as clever and too obvious, I kinda guessed the ending 30mins into it. I wouldn't mind another sequel.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Yeah, let's ridicule people for music choice! That means their opinion doesn't matter! Woooo! :roll:[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

the only part about the first one i really liked (it still sticks out in my head after almost a year) is when cary elwes finally flips out and goes crazy trying to save his family. shame i had to sit through an hour and a half to get to the final 10 or so minutes that were good.

The acting in this movie is way better than the Saw I but there is still room for improvement.
The movie isn't scary per say but it isn't trying to be. It gory and twisted. It doesn't scare you but it screws with your psyche. I find these types of movies to be better suited to my taste since most movies just don't scare me anymore.

I would give Saw II two thumbs up for being a great movie to watch on Halloween weekend. This movie is not an Oscar contender nor is it trying to be.

Everything outside of the house was great, that stuff deserves a 9. The entire sequence inside the house and before the final chase was just a disaster, It needed to be tightened, rewritten, possibly removing one or two of those characters. I'd give the stuff inside the house about a 5. Since that's about 45% of the film, overall it's about 7.5.

bread's done
Back