I just won Burger King "King of Atlantis" Sweepstakes!

Even before the email admitting their mistake what part of

"As a potential prize winner, your child could win one of the following prizes:"

did the lot of you not understand?

[quote name='madnarg']Even before the email admitting their mistake what part of

"As a potential prize winner, your child could win one of the following prizes:"

did the lot of you not understand?[/quote]

that still means the person is a winner but will only be able to claim the prize upon submitting the necessary forms.

i know this because i've received the same kind of letters recently.

I won some money from Reader's Digest once.
The entry forms, I'm sure you've all seen--big, stickers, "Open Now!", you can't miss it.
The winning notification? One sheet of plain letterhead paper in a regular #9 envelope. I thought at first it was a "Please Renew" letter and almost threw it away. To claim my prize first i'd have to not throw this apparent junk mail away...then i had to call an 800 number and claim the prize, only then would they send me the check.
Many contests say "Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded".

Wow, even with my Mensa membership, I'm still confused by some of the stuff I saw in this thread... Canadians doing math, Sponge Bob, e-mails from Nigeria, prize e-mails going to people who didn't win anything, and dashed hopes of a free trip to the Bahamas...

In my best Neo impression: "Woah."

Guys, this was just a prank. They are going to make a commercial out of this, just as they did the Whopper thing.

I got this same crap yesterday in my e-mail. Deleted it immediately and moved on because this is a fake.

[quote name='daphatty']What the fuck?[/quote]

yeah I am with daphatty^^^ what the fuck? I even can figure that out I am Canadian....dont make us look that stupid.

[quote name='jumbo11'][quote name='madnarg']Even before the email admitting their mistake what part of

did the lot of you not understand?[/quote]
that still means the person is a winner but will only be able to claim the prize upon submitting the necessary forms.

i know this because i've received the same kind of letters recently.[/quote]

Yeah madnarg, I think some people need the defintion of POTENTIAL spelled out for them...
*sigh*

the funny thing is usually even if you get it "skill testing" question wrong more often than not they will give the prize anyways as it is a formality.

[quote name='$hady']I won as well AND then lost as well!

LOL just checked my email

Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:24:35 -0500 (EST)
Subject: You're a winner with Spongebob SquarePants(TM) and BK(R)
(same winning email already posted)

Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:21:14 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Burger King Corporation E-mail Recall
"You recently received an email from us with the subject line of “You’re a winner with Spongebob SquarePants™ and BK®”. Unfortunately, that email was sent to you in error. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please be on the lookout for upcoming BURGER KING® offers and promotions!"

[/quote]

lol SAME FOR ME!

[quote name='jennyfur']Yeah madnarg, I think some people need the defintion of POTENTIAL spelled out for them...
*sigh*[/quote]

Burger King intended for the emails to only notify winners. They just wouldn't say what prize you recieved. You had to verify your contact information before they would notify you what you won. They DID NOT intend for the emails to go out to everybody that entered the contest. Here's the last official email they sent to make up for the fact that non-winners received the email when they shouldn't have.

[quote name='"Burger King Email"']
Dear BURGER KING(R) Customer,

You recently received an email sent in error that was titled, "You're
a winner with Spongebob SquarePants and BK(R)." This email was
erroneously sent to both the legitimate winners of a recent
sweepstakes program, as well as a broader population that did not win
a prize.

While we are in the process of awarding those legitimate prize winners
their prize , we would also like to "award" all of you who
erroneously received the aforementioned communication, "lunch on us"
and send you a $5 BK(TM) Crown Card, for any inconvenience this may
have caused. Please click on the link below to verify the mailing
address where your BK(TM) Crown Card should be sent.

You must fill out the claim form within TEN DAYS of the date of this
email being sent.

Thank you for your continuing support and we look forward to your
participation in upcoming BURGER KING(R) offers and promotions.

Regards,
Burger King Corporation
[/quote]

I don't understand what's so hard for some of you guys to understand that not every email is fake or out to screw you over. I only deal with reputable companies when I give my contact info and this was one of them. I appreciate that they went the extra mile and offered the free $5 card. Not every company would have done that.

AzBat

LOL.
Someone thought they won? Right?

[quote name='Skylander7']I'd call corporate and complain.. your little boy has been diagnosed with the disease of Bulimia nervosa...[/quote]
:/

IDK Why, But I Can't Stop Laughing.

-[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Oh yea!!! I'm going to Bahamas baby!!!! I never win stuff before until this is like a huge grand prizes!!! I use to like Spongebob but I'm too old enough to watch Cartoon except Family Guy. I'm also getting a free DVD & Game but don't know which game version anyway... I'm a proud big kid, lol!!! P.S. I'm a 22 years old and graduated from college!!! Yeah... look like its party time!!![/quote]

XD
I've never laughed so hard :rofl:

Oh yea!!! I'm going to Bahamas baby!!!! I never win stuff before until this is like a huge grand prizes!!! I use to like Spongebob but I'm too old enough to watch Cartoon except Family Guy. I'm also getting a free DVD & Game but don't know which game version anyway... I'm a proud big kid, lol!!! P.S. I'm a 22 years old and graduated from college!!! Yeah... look like its party time!!!

:)

[quote name='Veronica Mars']:)[/quote]
That was, seriously, the best part.

Wonder what college he graduated from... :whistle2:k

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Omg. Really? What's your fav. place?

:applause:[/QUOTE]

The closest he will get to the Bahamas is with a brochure and a vivid imagination.

bread's done
Back