I like milk.

mrpotatohed

CAGiversary!
There. I said it. I like milk.

As far as all the milk haters out there...

I sniff at your Bovine Hormone Injections.

A pox on Ye!

.............oh yeah, I like video games too......

But you probably already knew that.

/rant /midnight crazy talk

i love milk

one...its really good
two...milkshakes wouldn't exist without milk
three (the most important reason)...thanks to the high volume of hormones and all that is found in milk now, we have a high volume of tig ol bitties everywhere you look

you shouldnt be drinkin milk Its not natural, u know that we are the only species that purposely drinks another animals milk. I am not sayin I dont like it or its biproducts, but I do think there are better ways to get the Calcium u need for a growing body and strong bones.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']you shouldnt be drinkin milk Its not natural, u know that we are the only species that purposely drinks another animals milk. I am not sayin I dont like it or its biproducts, but I do think there are better ways to get the Calcium u need for a growing body and strong bones.[/quote]

..um like what other ways can we get calcium?

The thing I find funny is how different our milk must be from European milk. I personally love milk, but a girl that I worked with dated a guy who was lactose-intolerant. They went to Europe and he ate ice cream and drank milk everyday and never got sick. Must be some crazy stuff in ours....
Oh well...nothing is going to keep me from dipping my cookies in an ice-cold, tall glass of milk.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']you shouldnt be drinkin milk Its not natural, u know that we are the only species that purposely drinks another animals milk. I am not sayin I dont like it or its biproducts, but I do think there are better ways to get the Calcium u need for a growing body and strong bones.[/quote]

Most animals eat other animals. What's the difference between eating other animals meat and drinking their milk?

[quote name='Supernothing'][quote name='Ikohn4ever']you shouldnt be drinkin milk Its not natural, u know that we are the only species that purposely drinks another animals milk. I am not sayin I dont like it or its biproducts, but I do think there are better ways to get the Calcium u need for a growing body and strong bones.[/quote]

Most animals eat other animals. What's the difference between eating other animals meat and drinking their milk?[/quote]

thats why people are lactose intolerant, they can handle breast milk fine, other creatures milk there body cant process and how often do u eat an animals milk when eating it

Lactose intolerance (LI) is a common disorder that affects a quarter of the US population and may affect as many as 75% of the world population. The prevalence varies by race and ethnicity. It is more common among African-Americans, Hispanics and oriental population. In India, for example, it is seen in 25% of north Indian and 70% of south Indian population.

Most common for is the adult-type or primary deficiency where there is usually deficiency of Lactase enzyme activity and not complete absence. Congenital lactase deficiency is rare.

Milk intolerance suggests onset of symptoms after drinking milk and not necessarily lactose intolerance.

Symptoms of Lactose Intolerance include bloating, stomach pains, diarrhea and gassiness. Symptoms may occur in some patients even when their lactase enzyme activity is within normal limits. This may occur in 5% of adults. Thus, some people erroneously think that their symptoms are due to lactase deficiency when that is not true.

Lactose restricted diet may improve symptoms not only in lactase deficient patients but also in irritable bowel syndrome in adults and recurrent abdominal pain in kids.

Diagnosis of LI may be made by lactose tolerance test (blood), or breath hydrogen breath test. Assessment of lactase activity in the biopsy of the small intestine is the most direct and definitive test, but is cumbersome and used for research only.

LI is usually not absolute. Most patients can tolerate 240 ml of milk per day without problems.

Yogurt containing lactose is well tolerated by the patients. This occurs because the yogurt contains live cultures of bacteria and the lactase produced by these bacteria digests the yogurt lactose.

Please be aware that lactose is frequently a part of many prescription and over-the-counter drugs, and may impact susceptible individuals.

People on lactose restricted diet should take supplemental calcium.

Over the counter treatment of LI is a multibillion dollar industry. Lactase enzyme is available as capsules, tablets and solutions for lactase deficient patients. The amount of lactase needed to digest a specific amount of lactose depends on the product used. Thus, all products are not created equal.

I don't know anyone that is LI. But I only know 2 other people. I bet the next person I meet will be.

[quote name='"Ikohn4ever"']you shouldnt be drinkin milk Its not natural, u know that we are the only species that purposely drinks another animals milk. I am not sayin I dont like it or its biproducts, but I do think there are better ways to get the Calcium u need for a growing body and strong bones.[/quote]

Yeah, and we are also the only species to have art, literature, the ability to travel to the moon, nuke the fuck out of things, etc.

I hate milk. The only way I can stand to drink it is if there's chocolate or strawberry syrup in it. But I do love cheese.

If you want to get really hyper really fast, and only for a few seconds, mix one packet of sugar, with one of those tiny dairy creamers, and take the thing like a shot.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I hate milk. The only way I can stand to drink it is if there's chocolate or strawberry syrup in it. But I do love cheese.

If you want to get really hyper really fast, and only for a few seconds, mix one packet of sugar, with one of those tiny dairy creamers, and take the thing like a shot.[/quote]

How the hell can you still be skinny????????

[quote name='Tromack'][quote name='Ikohn4ever']you shouldnt be drinkin milk Its not natural, u know that we are the only species that purposely drinks another animals milk. I am not sayin I dont like it or its biproducts, but I do think there are better ways to get the Calcium u need for a growing body and strong bones.[/quote]

Yeah, and we are also the only species to have art, literature, the ability to travel to the moon, nuke the shaq-fu out of things, etc.[/quote]

Koko the Gorilla can finger paint, High Five, but honestly your examples are off base. They are examples of things we do cause of our mental abilities. Drinking milk can be seen as goin against our own nature almost. We dont eat grass and bark anymore and we have no use for the appendix, we cant eat certain things that other animals eat because they are poison to us. Yet we continue to drink milk even though there is no need for it. Cows are the biggest waste of space, they cause deforestation, increased methane production, and pollution of waterways. Cows are unnecessary and we should really do away with them

[quote name='Ikohn4ever'][quote name='Tromack'][quote name='Ikohn4ever']you shouldnt be drinkin milk Its not natural, u know that we are the only species that purposely drinks another animals milk. I am not sayin I dont like it or its biproducts, but I do think there are better ways to get the Calcium u need for a growing body and strong bones.[/quote]

Yeah, and we are also the only species to have art, literature, the ability to travel to the moon, nuke the shaq-fu out of things, etc.[/quote]

Koko the Gorilla can finger paint, High Five, but honestly your examples are off base. They are examples of things we do cause of our mental abilities. Drinking milk can be seen as goin against our own nature almost. We dont eat grass and bark anymore and we have no use for the appendix, we cant eat certain things that other animals eat because they are poison to us. Yet we continue to drink milk even though there is no need for it. Cows are the biggest waste of space, they cause deforestation, increased methane production, and pollution of waterways. Cows are unnecessary and we should really do away with them[/quote]

That's awesome, I want a gorilla who can fingerpaint.

We have already done away with cows, there are thousands and thousands being sent because after they mercillessly slaughter them, they send their intestines, organs, eyeballs, and grind everything up and stuff it into one delicious meat patty at mcdonalds or your convenient burger joint. And no, I'm not a vegetarian. I just can't help it, I love meat so much :)

Cows give milk. And cow milk is good. I like milk. Yay. ((Calcium in milk helps strong bones grow to their full potential)) haven't you seen how it worked for mario?? if it can work for him then it can work for you.

Ok, first off, I doubt the gorilla would be painting if we weren't here to give it paint. And you didn't get my point. Humans do a lot of things that aren't strictly in their nature. Furthermore, we don't eat bark and grass because we now have agriculture and aren't hunter/gatherers. Milk still has a purpose in that it is a good source of calcium and protein. Take your environmentalist crap elsewhere. I would bet you that the videogame industry indirectly produces far more pollution than cows do, and I don't see you getting all upset about it.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']you shouldnt be drinkin milk Its not natural, u know that we are the only species that purposely drinks another animals milk.[/quote]

That's not true at all. Almost anything will drink milk, it's just a matter of getting the milk out. Since most non-human species can't milk a cow they don't get to drink it. Inability to do something and choosing not to do it are 2 different things.

[quote name='Tromack']Ok, first off, I doubt the gorilla would be painting if we weren't here to give it paint. And you didn't get my point. Humans do a lot of things that aren't strictly in their nature. Furthermore, we don't eat bark and grass because we now have agriculture and aren't hunter/gatherers. Milk still has a purpose in that it is a good source of calcium and protein. Take your environmentalist crap elsewhere. I would bet you that the videogame industry indirectly produces far more pollution than cows do, and I don't see you getting all upset about it.[/quote]

Chill out there buddy, Cows are the one of the top producers of methane gas which causes the depletion of the Ozone. I may be an enviromentalist, but you have to be a moron not to care about lack of the Ozone to some extent, because it is goin to effect u whether u like it or not

Drink soy milk good stuff, a lot of good things are made from soy. If you have ever had Tofutti Ice cream you know there is nothing but good comin out of that bean

Actually you are entirely wrong on that comment. Many, many mammals will nurse off from another species if they're added to the mother's litter.

And for those that thing being an evironmentalist is a positive thing.. check this site out..

http://environmentalism.aynrand.org/

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='Ikohn4ever']you shouldnt be drinkin milk Its not natural, u know that we are the only species that purposely drinks another animals milk. I am not sayin I dont like it or its biproducts, but I do think there are better ways to get the Calcium u need for a growing body and strong bones.[/quote]

Actually you are entirely wrong on that comment. Many, many mammals will nurse off from another species if they're added to the mother's litter.[/quote]

but once they are done nursing how much milk do they drink...

[quote name='Ikohn4ever'][quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='Ikohn4ever']you shouldnt be drinkin milk Its not natural, u know that we are the only species that purposely drinks another animals milk. I am not sayin I dont like it or its biproducts, but I do think there are better ways to get the Calcium u need for a growing body and strong bones.[/quote]

Actually you are entirely wrong on that comment. Many, many mammals will nurse off from another species if they're added to the mother's litter.[/quote]

but once they are done nursing how much milk do they drink...[/quote]

Ok so animals will drink other animals milk during the period of life where they are nursing.. simply because milk is absolutely 0% of their diet after that it means we should not drink milk?

Horses shit on the side of the road instead of a toilet.. should we do that too?

[quote name='Ikohn4ever'][quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='Ikohn4ever']you shouldnt be drinkin milk Its not natural, u know that we are the only species that purposely drinks another animals milk. I am not sayin I dont like it or its biproducts, but I do think there are better ways to get the Calcium u need for a growing body and strong bones.[/quote]

They'll still drink milk if given the chance. It can't be all of their diet like when nursing, but that's the same with humans.

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='Ikohn4ever'][quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='Ikohn4ever']you shouldnt be drinkin milk Its not natural, u know that we are the only species that purposely drinks another animals milk. I am not sayin I dont like it or its biproducts, but I do think there are better ways to get the Calcium u need for a growing body and strong bones.[/quote]

Ok so animals will drink other animals milk during the period of life where they are nursing.. simply because milk is absolutely 0% of their diet after that it means we should not drink milk?

Horses shit on the side of the road instead of a toilet.. should we do that too?[/quote]

u are totally contradicting yourself, first give example saying animals do the drink milk from other animals and its okay to do what the animal does then u say we shouldnt act like the animal and not do what it does make up your mind

My comments were on two points:

First Point - Your comment about animals not drinking other animal's milk.. was completely wrong.

Second Point - We're not animals, we don't base a huge majority of what we do on what animals do.. so even if your comment was not completely wrong, it wouldn't mean a thing.

You still don't understand Ikohn. I'm care about the environment too, but I don't believe that the best way to save the environment is the destruction of all cows, specifically dairy cows. All you have proven to me is that a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']My comments were on two points:

First Point - Your comment about animals not drinking other animal's milk.. was completely wrong.

Second Point - We're not animals, we don't base a huge majority of what we do on what animals do.. so even if your comment was not completely wrong, it wouldn't mean a thing.[/quote]

we are all animals, just because we can think and create does not mean we are any less animal. Its very egotistical of you to think we are better than anything else. Its that type of view that does not let us live in harmony with our surrounding but conflicts with. I am not a tree hunging hippy or anything, but I do have respect for all life and realize that we are not better than nay other animal, and sometimes they are better than us.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever'][quote name='Cornfedwb']My comments were on two points:

Second Point - We're not animals, we don't base a huge majority of what we do on what animals do.. so even if your comment was not completely wrong, it wouldn't mean a thing.[/quote]

we are all animals, just because we can think and create does not mean we are any less animal. Its very egotistical of you to think we are better than anything else. Its that type of view that does not let us live in harmony with our surrounding but conflicts with. I am not a tree hunging hippy or anything, but I do have respect for all life and realize that we are not better than nay other animal, and sometimes they are better than us.[/quote]

Because we have the capability for rational thought we ARE better than the rest of the animals. That's not to say we behave as anything better than them, but we are fundamentally superior as a species.

[quote name='Tromack']You still don't understand Ikohn. I'm care about the environment too, but I don't believe that the best way to save the environment is the destruction of all cows, specifically dairy cows. All you have proven to me is that a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing.[/quote]

I am really not tryin to start with anybody here, but these are just all my opinions and if people attack them, I will defend it. How is it dangerous that if know some information. I am not against eating animals, but I dont like what is done in the process of mass producing animals for food. It sux on all ends of the spectrum, but whatever, u got you ideas and I got mine and I guess we will keep it that way

Ugggh Soy Milk is DISGUSTING I don't care how good it is for you but I tried it and it almost made me throw up. That's just my opinion though.

milk upsets my stomach. soy milk doesn't, but it's not that great. mountain dew doesn't and it's pretty great.

i'm a fan of mountain dew.

Cats love to drink milk. They go crazy for it.

We are also the only species who cooks food. Should we stop doing that too?

I hate milk, I try to drink it but it's kinda gross...

regardless, one of my summer goals is to drink a lot of milk so I can get stronger. and work out / exercise a lot too... gotta get big for the ladies!!!!

that is one point out of my three point summer plan!!

jmcc>> haha. your sig has deltron 3030. yah, that's a tite album... I cant wait for Del's new album to come out becoz he was barely in Hiero's Full Circle, he didnt even produce a single song on it!!

Yeah, soy milk sucks ass. I was out some place and they offered me all natural soy milk, and all I could think was, "hmm...soy milk. That is about the least natural thing out there. Nowhere in nature am I going to find a soy plant lactating".

we are all animals, just because we can think and create does not mean we are any less animal

actually i believe that is what seperates us from animals. we have the ability to reason, which most animals lack.

Maybe if they had the ability to reason, they'd be drinking other animals milk too...

see us humans know that milk from cows is good for you, and we know that all of the milk from the cows wont be used by the babies. If the cows arent milked, it hurts them like hell. so basically we have to milk them anyways. So us being the humans with the ability to reason, we think.. hrm... we had to take this milk out anyways... the babies arent going to drink it.. its good for you... maybe we should drink it.. JENGA!

There is no such thing as "soy milk".. until I see a nipple on a soy bean, I'll continue my crusade to get it named what it properly should be.. Soy Juice

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']I like milk as well.....such an exciting topic[/quote]

Just goes to show that

1. People will talk/discuss/flame/argue about anything
2. Milk RULES
3. People eat some wierd stuff. Think about what eggs are for a second. I have heard that in some countries they eat spiders roasted on an open flame. YUM Who knows, they probably taste good. I know milk and eggs do, and how are you gonna make my birthday cake without em? Ever tried a "soy and egg substitute cake"?

[quote name='mrpotatohed'][quote name='Nirvanaguy777']I like milk as well.....such an exciting topic[/quote]

Just goes to show that

1. People will talk/discuss/flame/argue about anything
2. Milk RULES
3. People eat some wierd stuff. Think about what eggs are for a second. I have heard that in some countries they eat spiders roasted on an open flame. YUM Who knows, they probably taste good. I know milk and eggs do, and how are you gonna make my birthday cake without em? Ever tried a "soy and egg substitute cake"?[/quote]

That just makes me laugh everytime I read it. "Just goes to show milk rules" I never thought I'd hear 'just goes to show... together with Milk rules. Bravo potato head (your other 2 points are good too but dang.. Just goes to show milk rules, Think i'll repeat that over and over at supper tonight, see what people say.

[quote name='LeviathynX']Edited for the ears of young children everywhere.[/quote]

Thats disgusting!
Much worse than drinking the bodily excretions of farm animals!

"Cows are the biggest waste of space, they cause deforestation, increased methane production, and pollution of waterways. Cows are unnecessary and we should really do away with them"

I try to do this everytime I eat a nice juicy slab of steak from Texas Road House! Ymmm Ymmm.

bread's done
Back