I like Target, but this makes me mad.

electronicthroat

CAGiversary!
I was in Target this past Tuesday 11/25 and was looking at the gaming chairs. I saw they had the Boomchair Shark Chair on sale for $79. My wife was at Target today and said that it was no longer on sale.

The problem with this is that when I was out there on Tuesday, I took a photo of the chair with the sale sign on the chair. It said "Sale through Saturday". But now it's no longer on sale?

Here's a photo I took with my phone. Should I try to fight for this deal?
DSC00136.jpg

You'll lose. The sale prices on Tuesday were only through Wednesday.

Today and tomorrow are a different sale.

But I'm sure if you go to CS and complain enough, they'll give you the $10 discount to shut you up and get you out of the store.

Just go in there and show them the picture if you make a big enough stink about it there bound to cave and give it to you for the sale price

[quote name='manthing']You'll lose. The sale prices on Tuesday were only through Wednesday.

Today and tomorrow are a different sale.

But I'm sure if you go to CS and complain enough, they'll give you the $10 discount to shut you up and get you out of the store.[/quote]

If that sale price was only through Wednesday, why would have a sign that said "Sale Through Saturday?" Was the sign just worded wrong? Or did they just forget to take it down the week before? (just thinking out loud)

The people that I talked to on the phone seemed like they could care less. But $20 (originally $109) is a big difference to me. I wasn't going to be the one buying it, I was asking for it for Christmas.

[quote name='electronicthroat']If that sale price was only through Wednesday, why would have a sign that said "Sale Through Saturday?" Was the sign just worded wrong? Or did they just forget to take it down the week before? (just thinking out loud)

The people that I talked to on the phone seemed like they could care less. But $20 (originally $109) is a big difference to me. I wasn't going to be the one buying it, I was asking for it for Christmas.[/QUOTE]
There's a $30 difference between $79 and $109.

*sigh*

[quote name='electronicthroat']If that sale price was only through Wednesday, why would have a sign that said "Sale Through Saturday?" Was the sign just worded wrong? Or did they just forget to take it down the week before? (just thinking out loud)[/quote]

Maybe because sales that end on Wednesdays happen once a year?

Maybe the number of 'Sale Ends Wednesday' signs Target has available to stores is limited, and putting one on a video game chair isn't priority #1?

Maybe your store doesn't have signs that say 'Sale Ends Wednesday'? My local Target had them.

[quote name='electronicthroat']The people that I talked to on the phone seemed like they could care less. But $20 (originally $109) is a big difference to me. I wasn't going to be the one buying it, I was asking for it for Christmas.[/quote]

Why would they care about someone saying they didn't purchase a sale item before the sale ended?

There's a $30 difference between $79 and $109.

Yeah, I hate numbers.

That chair is soo fugly I wouldn't even fart in it.

I could care less about how it looks. I'm more interested in price and functionality.

*sigh*

Maybe because sales that end on Wednesdays happen once a year?

Maybe the number of 'Sale Ends Wednesday' signs Target has available to stores is limited, and putting one on a video game chair isn't priority #1?

Maybe your store doesn't have signs that say 'Sale Ends Wednesday'? My local Target had them.

Why would they care about someone saying they didn't purchase a sale item before the sale ended?

When you have a sign that says a sale end's on Saturday, and then you don't honor that, that is bad business. If a store doesn't have the signs to say when a sell ends, they should not put out a sign that says otherwise. That's false advertising.

Also, I really don't expect the sales associates to do anything about it. I just have a huge problem with associates, who do not value customer service. They were a real "rays of sunshine".

[quote name='electronicthroat']
When you have a sign that says a sale end's on Saturday, and then you don't honor that, that is bad business. If a store doesn't have the signs to say when a sell ends, they should not put out a sign that says otherwise. That's false advertising.[/quote]

The actual SALE sign that has the price)the white part with the text, DPCI, etc) more than likely had 'Price Valid 11/23-11/26' in the bottom right corner. But we can't tell from your blurry picture.

You're just focusing on the red sign holder, which said "sale ends saturday' which means jack. It's just there to hold the actual sale sheet and draw shoppers attention.

[quote name='electronicthroat']Also, I really don't expect the sales associates to do anything about it. I just have a huge problem with associates, who do not value customer service. They were a real "rays of sunshine".[/QUOTE]

Okay let's think about this for a second. Its Black Friday. The BIGGEST, BADDEST, AND BUSIEST shopping day of the year. Which means retail employees are running around trying to keep up with the floods and floods of customers in the store. Do you think that suddenly they are going to care about some guy on the phone demanding to get the now expired sale price on a chair that he could of gotten a few days prior for that said sale price when they got ten trillion real live customers in the store?

If you answer yes to this... then I suggest you work retail for a year even if you have at some point in your life. Because obviously you haven't got one iota of a clue as to how harsh it is to work that day.

haha, I'm really don't get mad much at all. I don't really get road rage. When I'm stuck in a traffic jam, I just turn up the music and play air drums on my steering wheel.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Okay let's think about this for a second. Its Black Friday. The BIGGEST, BADDEST, AND BUSIEST shopping day of the year. Which means retail employees are running around trying to keep up with the floods and floods of customers in the store. Do you think that suddenly they are going to care about some guy on the phone demanding to get the now expired sale price on a chair that he could of gotten a few days prior for that said sale price when they got ten trillion real live customers in the store?

If you answer yes to this... then I suggest you work retail for a year even if you have at some point in your life. Because obviously you haven't got one iota of a clue as to how harsh it is to work that day.[/quote]

Oh I know exactly how bad it is. I worked at Gamestop for 3 years and every year I worked black friday. I actually enjoyed it. I miss it actually (but not the pay). I guess I'm just wired differently. A lot of retail workers now, seem to have a chip on their shoulders. I'm just a happy person. When i worked retail I tried to give the same service to someone that I would expect.

And yes, as a matter of fact, I do expect the same service over the phone that I would receive in person. I'm a customer no matter if I'm on the phone, in person, or online.

[quote name='electronicthroat']Oh I know exactly how bad it is. I worked at Gamestop for 3 years and every year I worked black friday. I actually enjoyed it. I miss it actually (but not the pay). I guess I'm just wired differently. A lot of retail workers now, seem to have a chip on their shoulders. I'm just a happy person. When i worked retail I tried to give the same service to someone that I would expect.

And yes, as a matter of fact, I do expect the same service over the phone that I would receive in person.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if I seemed a bit harsh/angry in my previous post. Sometimes its easy to overreact when writing something. As far as "chip on their shoulders" yeah I agree there a bit. I've worked with people just like that but eventually some do realize either you need to drop whatever attitude you have and do what is expected (and go beyond sometimes)... or find something else to do for a job. That's the sad truth in reality about retail in general is its hard sometimes to find people who are smart with the product (rather it be electronics, gaming, sporting goods, etc) and are people friendly. Even in today's economy with a TON of people unemployed its still a job just trying to get the right people. But companies do the best with what they get for applications and go from there. Sometimes you hit gold.... and sometimes not.

I know that doesn't excuse bad customer service and its hard for me to know exactly how you were treated over the phone. For all I know the employee on the other end could of been very tired from being dragged all over the store by customers. But even then one has to remember that the customer on the phone is still that... *A CUSTOMER.*

Sounds to me like you knew full well that the sales would only run until Tuesday since you've worked in retail before. I know that the sign said until Saturday but you should've known that Thanksgiving Week has two different sets of prices that have little to nothing to do with each other.

Basically, you're going to get little sympathy with your story here. If you're over the age of 14, you should've known better.

sorry to say this, but the gamestop black friday doesn't even come close to comparing to a big box retailer like target or any other one for that matter. i have worked at gamestop and worked electronics at toys r us and to be honest, toys r us was a million times worse. at a couple points in the day at gamestop i even had time to clean up before the clean up shift even arrived, there is a big difference.

i don't mean to sound like a jerk, but if you knew you wanted that chair that bad, you should have just picked it up that day and then just had your wife wrap it up later, it isn't like you wouldn't have known what it was anyways. my guess is you took that picture focused mainly on the "ending saturday" tag since you saw it was either over the week before or ending sooner than that, but that is simply my opinion. either way, the customer service rep shouldn't have been rude, but unless you had a clear picture that would show the sale date ending this saturday, i would expect them to turn you down.

I didn't want anybody's sympathy. (This would be the last place to come to if you want any kind of compassion or sympathy, for anything.) I'm actually floored when someone on this site is helpful or compassionate.

I just thought maybe somebody had some similar experience and wanted to know if there was anything I could do.

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']sorry to say this, but the gamestop black friday doesn't even come close to comparing to a big box retailer like target or any other one for that matter. i have worked at gamestop and worked electronics at toys r us and to be honest, toys r us was a million times worse. at a couple points in the day at gamestop i even had time to clean up before the clean up shift even arrived, there is a big difference.

i don't mean to sound like a jerk, but if you knew you wanted that chair that bad, you should have just picked it up that day and then just had your wife wrap it up later, it isn't like you wouldn't have known what it was anyways. my guess is you took that picture focused mainly on the "ending saturday" tag since you saw it was either over the week before or ending sooner than that, but that is simply my opinion. either way, the customer service rep shouldn't have been rude, but unless you had a clear picture that would show the sale date ending this saturday, i would expect them to turn you down.[/quote]

Yeah, I can't say from experience with other retailers.

No you don't sound like a jerk. I probably should have done what you said. I guess since I saw "through Saturday" I would be able to come back before Saturday.

I guess this is just an experience to learn from.

[quote name='electronicthroat']Yeah, I can't say from experience with other retailers.

No you don't sound like a jerk. I probably should have done what you said. I guess since I saw "through Saturday" I would be able to come back before Saturday.

I guess this is just an experience to learn from.[/QUOTE]

i understand what you are saying with that, but a lot of times signs get left up by mistake, especially when things get extremely busy it is hard to make sure every single sale sign in the store is correct. now had you bought it that day i would expect them to honor it, but if it was left up by mistake and someone noticed and took it down, than i would have to say you are out of luck even with that picture. you win some and you lose some i guess and this time you just happened to lose out.

Alot of people have had the same experience that you have. Every single one of them came on here acting like an indignant prick. That's why threads like yours get little to no sympathy. It seems like every week or so, someone is so horrendously wronged you'd think their ancestors were shackled up, shipped across the Atlantic, and forced to work for little to no wages.

Not enough detail in the picture to matter. Do yourself a favor and pick up a real recliner, you won't regret it. If you're low on funds, go to goodwill and grab one (along with a can of lysol)

bread's done
Back