I made a website for my comics...

Rabid Mammal Wax

CAGiversary!
My new website, it has some problems still but I'm working them out (like how to shuffle between main pages to get the previous day's strip and news), but here's the site regardless:

www.PolkOut.com

btw, I hope I can post this--I know advertising and spam isn't allowed, but I'm not making a profit off of this site and it's just my new hobby.

[quote name='bobo2k4']I could barely make out what the bubbles say in the comic.[/QUOTE]

Took the words right out of my mouth. Put those strips into photoshop and go to town with legible typeface.

Your comics look pretty cool. Nice work. However, you do need to work on making the text easier to read. Perhaps you could do what WildWop suggested: load the strips into PhotoShop, erase the handwriting, and replace it with computer-generated text that is easy to read.

I know that you say that if we squint, we can read it, but we shouldn't have to squint and strain to enjoy your comics.

Good work, though. What I could read I enjoyed. :)

I've been thinking about making an online comic strip...

Anyway, good stuff. As others have mentioned before, my only complaint is the lettering, which gets a little hard to read at times, taking away from the pace of the strip -- and timing is everything. I see that you address this in your FAQ.

I get the feeling that you want the lettering to look that way for artisitc/style reasons, but it is a little tough to follow.

I plan to dedicate a day to fixing all of the text, I mentioned that under one of the strips. And I update irregularly, sometimes I do it four times in one day, sometimes twice in a week.

Thanks guys!

The message boards work now. They look pretty bland so I'm going to try to come up with a quality skin by the end of the week.

bread's done
Back