I maed a gam3 w1th z0mb1es!!!1 (Indie Game)

shady859

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/00000001-0000-4000-8000-0000585502a6?partner=RSS

Was just browsing the indie game marketplace I saw the title and said WTF. Looked at the pics and it looked good. Well as soon as the demo timer ended (pretty long demo) I dropped my 80 points and continued on my happy way playing it.

Check it out! Soundtrack is awesome and gameplay is very Smash TV / Geometry Wars. Also as you go you get more stuff to shoot and avoid so it's not just zombies all the time. The backgrounds change and flash and freak out and yea try it! Alot of arcade titles wish they were this good. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz-TQcdXDJU

SONG

Last edited by a moderator:
It is pretty cool, and Ska Studios (Of Dishwasher Fame) is involved with it.

Straight to the point, nice presentation, and it's pretty much just a fun, good time. Very enjoyable! A quality 80pts product.

I am buying this when I get home!

I love this game. Its great for quick fun and a laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its definitely worth a dollar. Very reminiscient of Smash TV, although theres also an Asteroids homage level. Love the music/disco lights in the first stage!

Best $1 spent in the Marketplace!!!1 Super simple and the music is undeniably the highlight of the uh... gam3. (i lmao'd @the main song. it took me a while to realize what the hell he was talkin bout but, oh the hilarium!!1). Wish it was online, but i still can't wait to try co-op.

Definitely one of my Indie faves.

Btw, highest score so far 759,930. Beat that, Hot Shot.

[quote name='chakan']Its definitely worth a dollar. Very reminiscient of Smash TV, although theres also an Asteroids homage level. Love the music/disco lights in the first stage![/QUOTE]

The Geometry Wars homage level was downright hilarious, just out of confusion over how they're not being sued over it. It's easily one of the best dollars you can spend on XBLA; anybody have the lyrics to the song?

Got to play a little more tonight and so far my high is 818,640 but shoulda been SOOOOO much higher
because I had 7 lives left when it ends!:bomb:

I wish this was a full arcade release with proper leaderboards and like time modes or never ending etc etc.

This game is really fun for $1.

I think having stand out quick and fun titles (impulse purchases) are really the way to go with the Indie games.

[quote name='Superfro33']I hit up James Silva on Twitter for an MP3 of the song. (For those interested. Even if you don't seem to be able to save it.)

http://ska-studios.com/files/epicopus.mp3[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to be a smartass but that was in the OP since yesterday. It's stuck in my head and I kept singing it at work last night. ;)

It makes the game and I love the words popping up on the screen as the song goes and the end stuff is brilliant.

Wow - as much as you guys have hyped this game up, for a buck I have to try it now. Queued it up for download...can't wait to get home and play it...

[quote name='Jerajdai']Wow - as much as you guys have hyped this game up, for a buck I have to try it now. Queued it up for download...can't wait to get home and play it...[/QUOTE]

In fairness, it is what it is. I played a couple times last night, got my score up past 400k. I swear, I think the opening song really got me to to buy it, I have been humming it quite a bit.

Really, lots of people are comparing to Geo Wars or Asteroids, this reminds me a lot of Loaded from the orgiinal PSX. It isn't as gory (though, far more enemies in this one).

Not many demos I'm in the middle of when time runs out and I go and purchase, I did for this one.

Only annoying thing is you have to be hooked up to XBL to play it (or at least, I do, and I don't for other games). Without full leaderboards, I don't see why that's neccessary.

I was never going to buy an indie game, but for a buck, I'm willing to support

[quote name='lordxixor101']In fairness, it is what it is. I played a couple times last night, got my score up past 400k. I swear, I think the opening song really got me to to buy it, I have been humming it quite a bit.

Really, lots of people are comparing to Geo Wars or Asteroids, this reminds me a lot of Loaded from the orgiinal PSX. It isn't as gory (though, far more enemies in this one).

Not many demos I'm in the middle of when time runs out and I go and purchase, I did for this one.

Only annoying thing is you have to be hooked up to XBL to play it (or at least, I do, and I don't for other games). Without full leaderboards, I don't see why that's neccessary.

I was never going to buy an indie game, but for a buck, I'm willing to support[/QUOTE]

You have to be connected to live for all of the Indie games, to my understanding it has something to do with the fact that it's unrated content. It does suck.

[quote name='$hady']I'm not trying to be a smartass but that was in the OP since yesterday. It's stuck in my head and I kept singing it at work last night. ;)
[/QUOTE]

SNAP! I didn't even see the link down there under the vid! My bad. :cry:

smartass. ;)

Got up to almost 800K on it last night. Wish it gave you bonus points for extra lives when you get to the end.

This game seems quite similar to the Zombies! game over at Nonoba.com. I loved that game and had many hours invested there. I will be checking
this out later when I boot up the 360.

lol i just played the trial, making my purchase now, see 80 points should be spent on games like this and not avatar clothes. the song is awesome and i love the craziness of the lights and everything thats going on while your killing zombies

I was just browsing through the indie games when it caught my eye, had 100 points leftover and bought it without even seeing this thread. The song makes it. =p

[quote name='Superfro33']I hit up James Silva on Twitter for an MP3 of the song. (For those interested. Even if you don't seem to be able to save it.)

http://ska-studios.com/files/epicopus.mp3[/QUOTE]

Just put an extra slash before "files" in the URL. It's seriously an awesome song, the kind of song that defines the game itself, like in Portal or You Have To Burn The Rope.

Tried it last night and you guys were spot on - that song is awesome and the game is fun too. Glad I ran across this thread!!! :)

[quote name='whiptcracker']You have to be connected to live for all of the Indie games, to my understanding it has something to do with the fact that it's unrated content. It does suck.[/QUOTE]

Well no indy games for me then... shame too I wanted to get this. I only connect my 360 once ro twice a week and like to be able to play my games when I want.

I guess I better try it out myself. OMG! I luv z0mb1es LoL!!1 (seriously, the title, IMO, indicated it was crap. Glad to see I might be wrong)

I bit.

Wow. This game is ridiculously fun. Bummer about the lack of leaderboards or online co-op, though. However, at the asking price of a friggin dollar, you really can't go wrong with this one. More people need to be made aware of this game and its very low asking price. It's just that much fun.

I'd love to try the offline co-op sometime. Probably even more fun when you play it with others.

BTW, anyone else notice that the total time of the MP3 file is 13:37?

Demo is great fun. Love the Smash TV style. I have zero points on hand and need some for all the new arcade games, will definitely grab with my extra!

[quote name='jayCLAYM0RE']Best $1 spent in the Marketplace!!!1 Super simple and the music is undeniably the highlight of the uh... gam3. (i lmao'd @the main song. it took me a while to realize what the hell he was talkin bout but, oh the hilarium!!1). Wish it was online, but i still can't wait to try co-op.

Definitely one of my Indie faves.

Btw, highest score so far 759,930. Beat that, Hot Shot.[/QUOTE]

Just heard about the game today, and if it's got Co-Op, I'm likely going to be downloading it.

~HotShotX

I'm thinking in the 800K's is tops you can do, maybe 900 if you don't die. I'm consistantly finishing the game with 10+ lifes left now and my top score is 837xxx. After seeing the post about the mp3 being 13:37 I timed it and that's the length of the game from start to song end. Oh how I wish it was longer!

I want "I maed an0th3rz g@m3 w1th z0mb1es!!!2"

bread's done
Back