I need a new digital camera.

Nightfall

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I want a digital camera, and my 2 main points of interest are how fast it takes the picture when I hit the button, and how good the zoom is. My old Sony Cybershot took forever to take the picture when I'd hit the button, and the zoom was pretty crappy too. I'm looking to spend anywhere from $150-$400, maybe a little bit more.

So please, give me all the info you got on good cameras. Thanks.

I have a Canon SD550 (7.1mp). It's one of the fastest small cameras i've ever used. The minute you press on, it is ready to take a photo. There is no delay. You can also keep pressing the button for pictures, and it will just keep on taking photos as long as you have the storage on your card, again without delay. I have a 2GB SD card in it, which works quite well. I can store around 790 of the highest resolution pics there. It also makes pretty damn good video for such a small camera. You should be able to find one for around $300-360.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I have a Canon SD550 (7.1mp). It's one of the fastest small cameras i've ever used. The minute you press on, it is ready to take a photo. There is no delay. You can also keep pressing the button for pictures, and it will just keep on taking photos as long as you have the storage on your card, again without delay. I have a 2GB SD card in it, which works quite well. I can store around 790 of the highest resolution pics there. It also makes pretty damn good video for such a small camera. You should be able to find one for around $300-360.[/QUOTE]

thats the camera i really really want, i have been eyeing it since it came out, but i am a high school kid without a job, so thats pricey to me. do you think the price will drop. im jealous

It should drop. Most cameras do after a while. I got mine for $279 a month or so ago from Dell. It's the best camera I've ever used.

i've got a canon sd20 which is tiny and excellent - no zoom but takes great pictures for snapshots and out and about sort of deals.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I have a Canon SD550 (7.1mp). It's one of the fastest small cameras i've ever used. The minute you press on, it is ready to take a photo. There is no delay. You can also keep pressing the button for pictures, and it will just keep on taking photos as long as you have the storage on your card, again without delay. I have a 2GB SD card in it, which works quite well. I can store around 790 of the highest resolution pics there. It also makes pretty damn good video for such a small camera. You should be able to find one for around $300-360.[/QUOTE]

I went with this. I got it off Amazon with a SanDisk 2GB card. Sounds like a great camera, I can't wait to get it. Thanks for the help.

bread's done
Back