I need a new keyboard.

HeSaveDave

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
So, I spilled a gallon of water inside my keyboard. It was silly crazy how much water poured into it. I can't decide which one to get. So far I am going between the Logitech G710+ and the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013. Any suggestions besides these? Comments from anyone who owns either of these? Thanks fellow PC gaming master race.

I have the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2013 and I love it. It's the first mechanical keyboard I've owned so I don't have any others to compare it to. The backlighting is my favorite feature. The only downside (to some people) is that you have to use Razer's Synapse software, I don't mind it personally but that might turn you off.

I use a wicked cheap non mechanical keyboard from Rosewill. Its the one with the rubberized orange keys on the wasd and arrow keys so you can tell where your fingers are. I've been nothing but pleased with it so far, especially for the price, and I've had two friends come over and try it and then buy it afterwards for their computers.

this is it, but this is twice what I paid for it and it came with a pair of computer speakers as well. But if its only available for $40 you're probably much better off spending more and going mechanical it seems

my only complaint is the logo in the bottom center of it. Its a blue led tiger/horse/cross thing, I keep meaning to cover it with electrical tape, but as for the actual performance of the keyboard I am very happy.

MrshllJcb, are those keys low-profile? I actually like low-profile keys. How smooth are the keys? How loud are they? I have a Logitech Illuminated Keyboard with low-profile keys and they are super soft and quiet and I love them. I'm wondering if your keyboard is similar.

よく売れる 最人気 低価格 独特なクッション性 良質 うらじ 信頼感 詳しい 信頼。注目を集める 魅力 大好評を受け きれい 細かい感覚 スニーカー 激安 実用性が高く クラシックな ウール 若い 専売店 絶妙 彼 高貴 超越 人気高級ブランド 流行する 世界中で 公式専売店 ポピュラー ピュア フラッツ 婦人服 注目の沸騰アイテム 通販
しにかける うちあげる じょまく ゆるゆる ひともじ はりいた きがえ こじらせる しんきんかん ペーパー フラワー つかいさき スープラ2012 かきなでる きんうるし じょじゅつ ディレクション よわふくみ こびき くねる るつぼ ちゃくりゅう けしょうしあげ ぬたくる くちさびしい つきとおる じゅうしょうじ メーンマスト ごしゅいん マイアミ

[quote name='HeSaveDave']MrshllJcb, are those keys low-profile? I actually like low-profile keys. How smooth are the keys? How loud are they? I have a Logitech Illuminated Keyboard with low-profile keys and they are super soft and quiet and I love them. I'm wondering if your keyboard is similar.[/QUOTE]

I have the Logitech K360. It's not exactly made for gaming but it's alright. It has realitively quiet, low profile keys. http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wire...1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360632365&sr=8-1&keywords=k360

[quote name='HeSaveDave']MrshllJcb, are those keys low-profile? I actually like low-profile keys. How smooth are the keys? How loud are they? I have a Logitech Illuminated Keyboard with low-profile keys and they are super soft and quiet and I love them. I'm wondering if your keyboard is similar.[/QUOTE]

I have a Logitech (I think its the K70). Its the wireless/solar/chicklet style keyboard. STAY AWAY from that. The keys are superb for chicklet style keys, but the solar panels on it are trash and the battery in it is just as bad. Holds zero charge and there is no way to connect it to anything so you're forced to set it right in a window in direct sunlight for hours on end just so you can use it for like an hour or two.

I also have an iRocks chicklet style metal keyboard that I enjoy. Its super slim, the keys feel great, and obviously its mega quiet.

http://www.i-rocks.com/Product_detail.aspx?CLASS_ID=1018&PRODUCT_ID=1242

Of all my keyboards (various mechanical, rubber-domed, etc...) I enjoy the Quickfire TK I linked above the most. Its an absolute dream to type on due to the Cherry Blue switches, and gaming on it is great as well.

I'm not sure if it is low profile (pardon my ignorance, but I'm not sure what it means or how to check) but it does seem like its got lower keys than my work keyboard. Id say its actually pretty quiet as well (much quieter than my work board), but definitely couldnt be considered as silent or anything

I'm currently using this (Saitek Eclipse II):

http://www.amazon.com/Saitek-Eclips...id=1360999901&sr=8-1&keywords=saitek+keyboard

I had a PC / console LAN gaming center I closed down in 2010, and at that time we were using the original Saitek Eclipse keyboards. They're quiet (so if you're a person who needs audible feedback and not tactile this might not be for you) and backlit. The new one has ability to change the backlight colors if that's your thing. My ONLY knock on the original (hasn't happened on the newer one yet) was that frequently used keys tended to rub off over time. I don't know if it was because of the Doritos dust on most of my gamers' fingers or something else. ;)

[quote name='SEH']CM Storm Quickfire TK. The only good mechanical keyboard I've seen under $100 that also includes back-lighting (which is fantastic).[/QUOTE]

I've got a CM Storm Quickfire Pro with the cherry brown switches and it's great. The keys are normal height, but the whole keyboard was taller than my old non-mechanical keyboard, so it took a little bit to get used to the new height.

Go with a mechanical keyboard, you won't regret it, the keys are so much more satisfying to type and game on than the cheaper membrane keyboards.

http://www.amazon.com/CM-Storm-Trig...61240789&sr=8-12&keywords=mechanical+keyboard

I was thinking about buying the CM Storm Trigger with blue switches. I like the backlight, and the blue keys seem to be more my style (torn between getting blue or brown switches, but the blue's are 10 bucks cheaper).

http://www.examiner.com/review/coolermaster-cm-storm-trigger-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-review

The above review speaks highly of the board, but since this is the first mechanical keyboard I am looking at getting, I figured I would ask.

My friend has a DAS keyboard with the blue switches, compared to the browns they are a more high pitched sound, you can hear them from farther away.

I personally like the browns better, but it's all personal preference.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']http://www.amazon.com/CM-Storm-Trig...61240789&sr=8-12&keywords=mechanical+keyboard

I was thinking about buying the CM Storm Trigger with blue switches. I like the backlight, and the blue keys seem to be more my style (torn between getting blue or brown switches, but the blue's are 10 bucks cheaper).

http://www.examiner.com/review/coolermaster-cm-storm-trigger-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-review

The above review speaks highly of the board, but since this is the first mechanical keyboard I am looking at getting, I figured I would ask.[/QUOTE]

Blues are really noisy, I'd recommend browns. If you aren't sure, just look up a youtube video comparing the sounds and make a decision that way. (Unless you have a store that allows you to check both kinds out, in which case you should obviously do that.)

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Blues are really noisy, I'd recommend browns. If you aren't sure, just look up a youtube video comparing the sounds and make a decision that way. (Unless you have a store that allows you to check both kinds out, in which case you should obviously do that.)[/QUOTE]

I might go see if TigerDirect has any keyboards I can try out. I guess I misread the prices, as it is the reds that are 85 AR and not the browns, which are significantly more.

Thanks for the advice, as the blues did sound loud in the video I checked out and could be highly annoying.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Blues are really noisy, I'd recommend browns. If you aren't sure, just look up a youtube video comparing the sounds and make a decision that way. (Unless you have a store that allows you to check both kinds out, in which case you should obviously do that.)[/QUOTE]

TD didn't have any to test out today when I went, but I went ahead and went with browns.

I saw the keyboard SEH mentioned on 1saleaday for 60 bucks with browns and bought it.

http://1saleaday.com/wireless/sgk4010gkcr1us/

bread's done
Back