I NEED a new PC.. help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D3FAULT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Let's just say that right now, I have a laptop with 512mb of RAM, a 1.7ghz processor, and an integrated video card... on a laptop. Yeah, I need a new PC.

I want to build my own since from what I hear I can build it for cheaper than buying one, which makes sense. Problem is I've never built a computer before. I have no idea what parts I need, which parts are compatible with each other, etc. The stickied thread for building PCs seems outdated, or else I would have just used one of those builds.

I have friends that can help me put it together, but as far as what to buy, I'm completely lost. My budget isn't very much either, since I'm currently unemployed and starting college in January. I'd need it to be less than $500 including tax and everything. It doesn't need to be a super-gaming computer, but I would like to be able to play WoW and various free MMORPGs on it and such. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance. :bouncy:

Oh, and I was considering refurbished computer from Dell since they're pretty cheap. Is that a bad idea? For under $500 I can get pretty decent stuff it seems..

If you're not going to be going into graphic design or something, or it's malfunctioning, that computer's just fine for college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back