I need a new tv, looking at LG 47LW5600. Anyone have one?

gossamer

CAGiversary!
I've been looking at tvs for a while, figuring I would try to upgrade in the near future. Now my timetable has been pushed up because yesterday the lamp in my current tv died for the second time and a new one is 220, so I might as well get a new one now. The one I am leaning towards is a LG 47LW5600. It is a 47" passive 3d smart tv. Does anyone have any experience with this model? Or suggestions on similar tvs? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a suggestion on getting a good deal on a TV in general: sign up for the tigerdirect.com newsletter. They always have great short term deals on TVs.

if it's the same one i'm thinking of, walmart had a deal for that tv + 4 sets of glasses + a blu ray player. If I hadn't just bought a Tv a couple months back I would have went for it.

for that specific model though, hit up amazon and check it out there they have a nice comparison chart and between amazon and newegg you can get some nice reviews before you buy

[quote name='Strigol']if it's the same one i'm thinking of, walmart had a deal for that tv + 4 sets of glasses + a blu ray player. If I hadn't just bought a Tv a couple months back I would have went for it.

for that specific model though, hit up amazon and check it out there they have a nice comparison chart and between amazon and newegg you can get some nice reviews before you buy[/QUOTE]
The bundle is lw5300. The major difference is the bundled tv isn't a smart tv and has fewer HDMI connections. As far as store, right now BB has the LW5600 for about $1100 and comes with 10 extra pairs of glasses. I have a PS3 so I don't need the bundle. I've read a lot of reviews, but I was hoping someone here might of had one. CAG users seem more honest than some other places and give the good and bad of their experiences. It's not just blind praise or hatred. On store websites, a high number of bad reviews are more about customer service than the product they are reviewing.

Passive tv sets aer okay, they are theatre quality, but active shutter glasses are above and beyond better. glasses are more expensive, but picture quality is ablot better

$1060 and $1090 on Amazon, although I'm not sure how much and where OP is looking at.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back