I need a nice laptop for school >800

Allow me to ask the standard line of laptop related questions...

1) Does your major require heavy computing? Or do you primarily need something that can just run MS Office and Firefox for working on projects?

2) How often do you really plan on gaming while not in your dorm room? Do you anticipate spending a lot of time at a boy/girl friend's house who'll let you game there?

The thing with laptops, while it sounds nice being able to do everything in one little package, you'll find it becomes obsolete really fast. For gaming on a computer, just about everyone will recommend building your own PC (it's really not that hard). For a budget of 800 bucks, you can easily find a cheap laptop that will satisfy academic needs while putting together a fairly awesome gaming rig that'll run what you want it to.

My major doesnt require heavy computing. In fact, I probably will just be using the laptop to take notes and browsing the web. I would also like it to be able to play hd movies (or at least have hdmi so I can connect it to my television). I plan on gaming mainly in my apartment, so I have thought about building a desktop but I dont have enough money to have both(I dont think)

bread's done
Back