I Need A Radar Detector

toocool17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
70 (100%)
I need to get a radar detector. Does anyone have any advice on which one to get and where the best place to get one is? I am looking to pay about $150 max. Any help would be great. Thanks

You wont get a decent radar detector for $150. First off, unless you are driving long strait flat roads, a radar detector will never alert you before you get clocked. Plus, most cops I know and have ever dealt with wont give you a ticket untill 15 over posted limit. But if you still want one, The Bel Pro RX55 at $229 is about the cheapest decent detector you can buy. Bel used to make alot of sub $100 models that could compete with the big boys, but when Passport bought them a few years ago, they stopped making them (Passport was tired of their $300 detectors getting beat by $100 Bels). And stay away from the Cobra/Whistler crap. But even the best budget detectors like the Bel arnt foolproof. Unless you want to shell out $400 for a Valentine One or $500 for a Bel STI. As far as radar detectors go, those two are the best, with the bel being the best tested so far.

without getting preachy, i'd also recommend avoiding whistler/cobra, which is what will turn up in your price range. sorry i can't recommend one for you, the only other one i have hands on experience with is passport (currently the 8500 model) which runs $300+, more than you're looking to spend. but i do like it. a lot.

[quote name='Kayden']Or you could not drive like an asshole and stop speeding. That way everyone wins.[/quote]

Quoted for truth.

bread's done
Back