I need advice. My 6 1/2 year relationship is ending I AM GETTING ENGAGED! 11-21-07

I had an experience like this with my current fiance. After neglecting her for about a year, I went away for a summer and she developed feelings for another dude we both worked with. Thankfully there was nothing more than feelings and we worked it out. Now I am much more aware and cognizant of the need to maintain and work at a relationship to keep it healthy; before it I had no understanding of what it meant to "work" at a relationship.

This was about 2 years ago and so far it is working out well. Currently things are great, we have a wedding date set for about a year from now.

Our problems were not as serious as the OP's but we hit a major bump. It sucks, heartbreak sucks and it is the hardest thing in the world to realize at the time that time will heal you and you will get over her and move on to bigger and better things.

Maynard, what is up now? How has it been? I bet you dont even think of her anymore, do ya?

[quote name='Maynard']This fucken BLOWS though. I can't explain the pain i'm feeling. I can't get warm, i tremble, i cry, i get mad, i can't eat. I literally feel like i'm dying of some disease. I feel like such a PUSSY saying all this to. God i want to hit her in the face and just say fuck YOU[/quote]
Haven't read the whole thread so someone might have already said this, but fuck feeling like a pussy for feeling any way. You experience emotions as a result of your biochemistry, situation, and the sheer fact that you're alive. Guys who say they don't get sad, or make fun of people for crying, or don't get depressed, are in fucking denial because of gender stereotypes.

I'm so sick of people (guys especially) feeling like they can't express themselves. And anytime they do, it's with a disclaimer that it feels unnatrual or a buffer to make sure they don't appear 'too soft', cuz if you do, it of course means your gay. fuck that.

I hope that doesn't sound hostile towards you, OP, because it's not intended to. My point is just that everyone goes through hard times, everyone gets wrecked by something (in this case a relationship), and everyone has moments of weakness when things are disrupted or get fucked up. That doesn't make us weak. It makes us human.

Best of luck with your situation.

Edit - I just saw the date on the OP and realized how old it is. Doesn't change my post, though.

You thought it would last?! That was stupid.

You dated her since she was 15, she didn't even have a chance to grow up by herself. I think she's just acting like a child and wants someone to pay attention to her every minute because you did that when she was growing up. You both fucked up and it's time to move on.

[quote name='pittpizza']I had an experience like this with my current fiance. After neglecting her for about a year, I went away for a summer and she developed feelings for another dude we both worked with. Thankfully there was nothing more than feelings and we worked it out. Now I am much more aware and cognizant of the need to maintain and work at a relationship to keep it healthy; before it I had no understanding of what it meant to "work" at a relationship.

This was about 2 years ago and so far it is working out well. Currently things are great, we have a wedding date set for about a year from now.

Our problems were not as serious as the OP's but we hit a major bump. It sucks, heartbreak sucks and it is the hardest thing in the world to realize at the time that time will heal you and you will get over her and move on to bigger and better things.

Maynard, what is up now? How has it been? I bet you dont even think of her anymore, do ya?[/QUOTE]

You can create the infamous Donald Trump pre-nup: where she gets 0.0001% of your net worth if things do not work out.

Didn't see this back then...read it now...fucking sucks dude...hope all is well now. Any chance you could give us an update about how things are going now?

[quote name='camoor']The ironic thing is that Maynard is actually the one who acts like that now.

He has an avatar that says "My gf is hot" with some photo pulled from god knows where.

And he's been known to interrupt discussions of videogames by pointing out that time would be better spent having sex.[/quote]
haha This is CLASSIC! I come to read my Freddie Mercury thread and I see this ASS OLD thread and I thought WTF someone is having the same prob.....wait that's my thread.....

IN rebuttle, yeah I did have a quote up from a conversation I had with a fellow Cag'er and we were laughing cause I was actually looking at pictures of my girlfriend when I was on ventrilo with him and I came out of NO where and said "Dude my girlfriend is fucking hot" Now I can see this being taken out of context simply because if I was on the internet and READING and not talking to the person I would think "wow you a cock dude". It totally wasn't meant that way, moreso tongue in cheek humor, but unfortunately that doesn't translate well.

[quote name='Strell']Also he has a picture of Moby in his sig.[/quote]
Strell I am changing my picture for you and you alone. That is not a picture or a self portrait of ME. That was really really rare picture of Maynard James Keenan, the lead singer of Tool. The only reason I picked it was because I thought, hmm that is an interesting picture. Everyonce and a while I get random "OMG this coming from a FREAKY BALD DUDE" but unfortunately that is not my richer than hell ass. Although he is ugly isn't he?

*SO THE UPDATE*
First off let me say that I can't believe that this thread was dug up from forever ago, but here's the whats been happenings.

After the whole break it off and yadda yadda a ton of shit went down. First off I was running a restaurant that I was a part of (partner). It was called Manor Restaurant in South Elgin, IL. It was a good job and making pretty decent money but I really really HATED the job. I thought for the longest time that I wanted to be in the restaurant business and run my own, but let me tell you from experience this is not an easy task. Not if you want a family someday that's for sure. Anyway, I ran this restaurant and was meeting a lot of good people helping me get through my rough patch of a 6 1/2 year relationship crumbling. I ended up kicking her out of the apartment and it was pretty nice too because I had a HUGE ass place to live bymyself and I was only paying $400 a month because she had to pony the other half over due to her being on the lease. At first I barely ate, barely did anything but mope, work, sleep, mope, work, sleep. I didn't want to do anything, hated video games, hated TV, hated everything. Than one day this girl at my work, Roxanne (who was flipping gorgeous) asked me if I wanted to go workout with her sometime. I found that a little odd, but I thought sure what the hell considering that I was about 40 lbs overweight. I wasn't some massive fat ass but I was definitely chubby. I went to workout with Roxy the following day and we had a great time and from there on out we became really good workout buddies. We didn't do anything else other than that simply because she was WAY to young, 18 and guys I know 18 is legal but shit that would be gross in a weird way considering she was a senior in highschool. She did try to kiss me and while we did a little making out I had to stop it before the peni touchy touchy again due to moral reasons, but other than that we were just workout friends. SOOOO where am I going with this, well basically I continued to workout, it became a release of emotion, pain, and definitely makes you feel so amazing once you get into the groove. I can tell you at first it sucks, it's hard, it's painful, you feel retarded because you dont know what you're doing, but once you get into your groove and know basically what you're doing you'll wonder "why didn't I do this sooner." The best part about working out is that ANYONE can do it and become fit, it's just a matter of wanting to. So I continued to keep on working out, I got fit and started dating again with my self confidence at an all time high. I was scoring girls that I wouldn't DARE dream of even talking to and it was absolutely the best time of my life for a while. The problem is again I might seem like a real synical ass sometimes on the boards, but in reality it is just sarcasim with in general doesn't translate well into words. What I mean by that is I am a moral guy, I really dont do the whole one night stand thing too often and when I do it is always a problem because I actually care about having sex, it isn't just fucking to me. Dont get me wrong, during this time I did definitely fuck some pretty hot girls who were just fucks, but in general I want to have a relationship to share with someone. So I actually ended up going on Match.com due to my buddies signing me up for it, because they saw that I was getting some good dates, but they all ended up being absolutely insane. Why they thought Match would help with this is beyond me, but just wait it gets better. So I go on match.com and I am starting to go on dates with girls who honestly do not belong on match if you base it off of looks. These girls are fucking gorgeous and lawyers, doctors, pre med, psychologists majors, who just dont have time for going out and meeting people. Problem is that I was going to be picky with a new girlfriend I wasn't just about to take the first one. A lot of these girls came with some pretty fucked up baggage too. Divorces, Daddy issues, Mommy issues, drug issues in families, prison, deportation (will talk about this one, it is classic). I definitely met some amazing girls, in fact one girl would be any dudes dream. She was 5'11 blonde, great chest about 36C slender, and had a pretty face. This girl was obsessed with Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, I mean OBSESSED. She loved video games and would come to my place and literally tell me to play Resident Evil 4 so she could watch me play. You would think "omfg jackpot" not to mention that she was amazing in bed, I mean she would literally have 3 or 4 orgasms (no i'm not fucking exageratting either i am dead serious). 1 problem? She was fucking OBNOXIOUS, and a litttttttttlllllleeee possesive. If another girl even looked at me she would literally look at the girl and be "What the fuck are you looking at?" I had never met a girl like this and man did it scare the shit out of me. WE broke it off, but I still talk to her every once and a while. Last I heard she is dating a Manager at a Gamestop and she thinks he is likea God. Cracks me up. The other girl worth mentioning that I met would be ALMA, yes ALMA (say it like you are russian). Alma was from the Ukraine, Alma was gorgeous (as most Euro's are) and Alma had eyes that would make you freeze (blue, like dark dark dark blue that went to light on the outside). Alma and I went out for dinner at Rosebud on Rush in downtown Chicago. If your not from the city or around the city, Rosebud is a extremely famous Italian restaurant that is pretty much considered one of the only TRUE italian restaurants left in the USA. Seriously. Expensive as fuck, but sooooo worth it, although they have commercialized it since. So I take her to Rosebud's because I used to go there with my family alot growing up and I thought, Hell shes from the Ukraine and she is beautiful, may as well treat her like a princess. I get there with her and she looked stunning, dressed up white and black dress, legs long and showing, hair naturally hanging down blonde, ugh just thinking about it is like "uuuggghhhhh". Sit down to dinner and get our drinks and she ordered a Black Russian (awesome Ukrainian accent was hot too) and she looks at me and says
"Nicholas, I have to tell you something, can I tell you something honest?"

I said, "sure Alma I am a pretty blunt guy so I dont mind bluntness at all"

she says, "Nicholas I am here in America not very much longer, I want to stay very bad so I come here asking you one thing"

I stare blankly almost knowing what might happen, but no clue.

she says " I want marriage to stay here, so I dont have to leave go to homeland, Ukraine is very poor and desolate. I am willing to offer you $10,000 American if you marry me and stay married for 1 year. I will provide you with cooking, cleaning, sex, oral sex, whatever you want, you provide me with marriage.

I thought to myself What the fuck did I do to deserve this? I haven't even ordered or eaten yet and my appetite just got destroyed.

1. I feel terrible because she looks so sad and sincere.
2. morally I know I would never do this, and I am going to have to decline so I feel bad.
3. When you have a gorgeous woman promising you Sex in everyway you can imagine, well it just sucks to say no to haha.
4. $10,000 are you fucking kidding me?
5. Chances of me waking up in a bathtub full of ice are pretttttty high.
6. I saw Behind Enemy Lines, I know Ukraine hates America (hahahaha)

Needless to say $143 later after our meal I hugged her and kissed her goodnight and I never saw, nor spoke to Alma again. I just got a bad feeling like I was going to be murdered or something. Has anyone ever seen the Seinfeld with MEELOSH! The tennis player? He tries to pawn his wife off on to Jerry to repay him? fucking classic if you haven't. Totally reminds me of her, but she was still way cuter.

To end this story/saga.

I go to close my match.com account because I am starting to meet wackjobs, which is why you can't really judge a book by it's cover. Girls were insane, nuts, and more nuts.

I go to close my Match.com account on Aug. 30th and it wouldn't let me for some reason. It kept on giving me 404 not found errors. Thinking nothing of it I shrugged it off and went to bed. I woke up the next day and hopped on to close it and I had a new email. It was from a girl named Sharon. Sharon was amazingly gorgeous. She had good fashion (totally matters), wore good jewelery, wore great makeup (subtle not overdone) and apparently she was responding to an email I had sent her 1 month earlier. She had closed her account to so she couldn't read emails and she was going througha similiar thing, but she couldn't find any nice guys who weren't creeps. So she was at a family function with everyone there making fun of her for not finding a boyfriend. She got so upset that she signed back up to match to see if she couldn't find a "nice guy". She saw my email and something appealed her to me, she claims hands down "Your eyes are perfect" Apparently girls have an obsession with eyes and apparently I have good eyes, hearing this on more than one occasion. We met the next day and I drove out to her house (lives with the p's) and I got there around 8ish and I literally stayed there till 6 am the following day talking to them out on there sun room. We watched the sun come up. I knew from that day on that I had met my future wife. She was perfect. She had morals, her family is amazing, she has a background in church (yes I actually go to chruch), she isn't insane, and most of all shes a good honest person. The great news to this is next month I plan on asking her to marry me. I know in my heart that there really is no other girl that I want to be with. I can't imagine being without her and to make things even more amazing we have been completely abstinent with each other. We have had a little hanky panky but not much. She is a virgin and I totally respect that and think it is badass.

Moral of the story? No girl is ever worth losing, taking, or thinking your life is over. Everything happens for a reason and the big guy upstairs is watching out for you believe it or not.

funny karma of the story?

My ex is fat. Like fat fat, she gained about 30lbs since we broke up and shes still with that dude, but I saw her when Sharon and I were out and apparently she told one of my old best friends that I looked amazing and that my girlfriend was absolutely gorgeous. Man o Man did that feel good to hear that :)

end of story :)

PPS not that I really care or feel a need to prove it, but the picture in my avatar is definitely my girlfriend. I still need to take it down, she was NONE to happy to find out that I was rocking that picture, but I figured it was PG-13 and I cropped out her face. She said it was the principle, so I probobaly should take it down. Push up bra's rock dont they?

[quote name='ITDEFX']im not reading that shit.. cliff notes please.[/quote]
He met a bunch of crazy bitches through match.com and then found one that wasn't so crazy and a virgin. The ex got fat.

[quote name='Zen Davis']He met a bunch of crazy bitches through match.com and then found one that wasn't so crazy and a virgin. The ex got fat.[/quote]

fuck cliff notes Zen notes rock :D

[quote name='Zen Davis']He met a bunch of crazy bitches through match.com and then found one that wasn't so crazy and a virgin. The ex got fat.[/QUOTE]

oh..

All the ones I talked to online last year on match.com were pretty much liars. Heck I found one of my co-workers on their and she is NOTHING like what her profile states. I got her profile flagged for that lol.

I met two chicks on myspace last year. One was cute but turned out to be a liar looking to get out of her relationship with her current bf..the other one was really cool to talk to over the phone and seemed like a nice person but was ugly as shit when i met her in person...short, fat, argh... Never talked to her again.

I always get Maynard confused with Chris in Cali for some reason.. Anyway good to hear things are going well with you. Long relationship breakups SUCK at the time but if you get through it, it's usually the best thing to have happened to you.

My ex got married 4 months after our breakup to her friend's uncle and is now a professional grocery bagger. I've dated other girls since then, but this was the worst/longest one so far. Thank God I never got hitched or had any babies to tie me down with that crazy girl.

Interesting stuff, glad you found someone else Maynard. Right now, I've been with the same girl for about 3 1/2 years and we're doing good.

But dude, I would of taken that offer from that Ukraine girl.

1) FREE AT LAST!!!!
2) No relationship, long, short, other than a 1 night stand, should be discussed on a text message where problems are present.
3) She is fucking someone else, so go fuck one of her friends.
4) surround yourself with those you have pushed aside while dating, like olds friends and go out, get wasted, have a few one nighters and you will be stronger in a few weeks.
5) you use the internet to research shit, not women. meet them in person, dont be a fag.

[quote name='Maynard']
Strell I am changing my picture for you and you alone. [/QUOTE]

Hehe, I never got tired of calling him Moby. :]

[quote name='javeryh']yeah, seriously - you can't walk one block in Manhattan without seeing a hot chick - especially in the summertime (ahhh... miniskirts and black leather eff me boots...:drool:).[/quote]

i know who u feel man.

back on topic. fuck HER. THERES SO MANY GIRLS OUT THERE, thats how i think of it.

[quote name='Maynard'] We have had a little hanky panky but not much. She is a virgin and I totally respect that and think it is badass.
PPS not that I really care or feel a need to prove it, but the picture in my avatar is definitely my girlfriend. I still need to take it down, she was NONE to happy to find out that I was rocking that picture, but I figured it was PG-13 and I cropped out her face. She said it was the principle, so I probobaly should take it down. Push up bra's rock dont they?[/quote]

Something just hit me.

She's a virgin, but she lets you take photos of her in lingere?

Not that I've ever understood Jesus freaks, but this is one for the books.

awesome. hard to belive all that happened in 4 months.. damn thats some story to tell haha.

glad things are looking up for you dude, congrats on finding someone

Maynard is any of that shit really true? It has to be because it is way too fucking crazy to be made up; Bad Religion tells us that sometimes truth is Stranger Than Fiction.

Anyway congrats on the insanely hot girlfriend! I knew it that time heals all wounds and you usually go on to bigger and better things.

Wow. I'm late to the game on this thread, but I have to say these 9 pages have been a great read. Congrats, Maynard, on finding your one. God bless you, man. Seriously, you sound like a great guy and she sounds like a great girl. If that is really her in your avatar, you are most definitely blessed. Good for you.

Any chance you have that Ukrainian girl's number? ....

That's awesome. Glad to hear you not only got through it but done way better! I broke up with my ex just over a year ago and not said a word to her or seen her since. If she saw me now, she'd be jealous. :p

Remember kids, women are the devil.

I just found this post.. but the lesson is.. Never be affraid to let a bitch go! If you can get 1 you can get 2, if you can get 2, then you can get 3.. and if you're really good... you can get em at the same time. Tight work Maynard!

[quote name='Maynard']I've been with my girlfriend for 6 1/2 years. We met when she was 15 and I was 17. We pretty much grew up together. I was her first (virginity) and we spent everyday together. To sum it up quickly we've had a few bumps in the road and I took a break from her for about 2 months last year and sorta dated around but didn't really do anything. I missed her and we ended up fixing things. About the same time that i took that break my father passed away suddenly about 3 months before i took the break so i pretty much figured it was a direct result of my father dying and i was pushing people away. I had to move out (23 years old she was 21) because my mom, little bro, and I couldn't afford the house. So we decided to find an apartment together. I moved into the place things were good at first. Basically while grieving about my father i pushed her away. I stayed in the computer room played games, read stuff and watched TV while she sat in the other room cause she wanted to sit out there. I didn't spend enough time with her and I didn't give her the attention she needed. It went on for about 5-6 months and than a guy at work started giving her attention. ROB is this assholes name. Hes a ex marine 22 years old and a real prick. She thinks hes the best thing since sliced bread. On May 2nd, 2006 i questioned her relationship to this guy, she said he's just a friend and said that she wanted to take a break. The next day she said she wanted to stay together and try to work things out, but i had to give her space. She wanted to go out and be 22 and live it up and not have to worry about if i was worried about her or be "tied down". Basically us staying living together hurt things bad. I wasn't happy about her going out till 5 am and not calling me or inviting me. I found out as time went on she was spending more and more time with him as "friends". My best friend LIZ of 5 1/2 years suddenly became her best friend and LIz was influencing her to take a break to (they say that she wasn't but i dont believe it) Now liz wants to move in with her, kristin has moved out and i found out that after a while that kristin and her were dating behind my back and have kissed now. Last night they went out to a movie. Should i consider this over or am i fool for believing that if i dont call her and give her space that it could work out?

Here are some of the text msgs i got from her yesterday and today

I say, "So this means that were over after 6 1/2 years"

she says
"Nick i'm sorry that things have happened the way they have....you know i feel horrible about it i truly honestly do...theres nothing i can say to take away what i've done or said....i know that....but sometimes u have to realize that we r on a break and i am doing whats best for me and u cannot fault me for that"

I say Please dont rush into anything with rob do i have any hope that your feelings can come back

she says
"the stuff that has happened to us did not happen overnite. My feelings have changed over a long period of time and i can't help that . When the feelings are gone it is impossible to work anything out. I tried for the past month to work it out and it didn't work"

The last month she was always going out with rob so thats bullshit that she tried tow ork shit out with me because if she did she would have said "hey rob i need to see if things can work out between me and nick and we cant be friends i'm sorry. but she didn't she didn't try.

I say Please dont give up hope i can't give up hope after 6 years

she says I've given a lot of chances for things to change and nothing ever did. I said there was gonna come a point wher it was past the point of no return and it was gonna be irrepairable and by not taking space when i wanted i think we R at that point...i knew this would happen

I say please kristin is this over than? should i walk away

she says Nick like i said your asking me to make a decision when i have no feelings left for u in that way....

i say so this is over?

she says Whatever you want to believe and feel is ur decision i cannot decide that for u and i dont really think at this point based on how i feel that this is fixable which sucks i know i'm sorry

i say so i'm done i'm walking away?

she says I dont know nick i honestly dont know....rite now its probably best given the situation that you walk away .....this is not helping anything at all.

I called that rob guy and he said basically he sorta likes her and is just trying to get into her pants, but she wont believe me if i tell her because she thinks i'm desperate and will say anything. Her family still loves me and is calling me like everyday trying to help. I guess the best thing i can do is just leave her alone, but am i stupid for feeling like i truly love her? I mean i had an engagment ring bought for us and was about to propose to her. I really feel like shes my soulmate but i dont understand how she can treat me this way and say the mean things she does. Am i a fool for having hope? This is my first heartbreak and i feel like i want to die. I have no fucken friends cause i alienated all of them and all my really close friends are now her friends and i told them to fuck off if thats how it is.

Help

Thanks[/quote]

I'm right here with you brother. Here's what I need to tell you right off the bat:

Feelings of detachment are a mother fucker. No matter what you say to her, the more you try to keep her around, the more she's going to want to go away and see someone else.

I'll tell you this much though. She's unsure about Rob, but she's attracted to him and disliking you enough right now that she sees no reason to not pursue it. She's using the "break" as a "get out of jail card" and she's trying to pin the break up on you. So later if it doesn't work with Rob, she can come back and hit you with the, "Well we were on a break and you were emotionally distant" blah blah blah.

It's fucked up, but it's true.

Here's the thing. The majority of women in this situation are too naive to come out and see Rob for who he really is. They tend to soak up all the bullshit guys like him say and believe every word, and really what most of their conversations probably amount to, is all the fun she's having with him and how much of an escape it is from you. She wanted an "escape" from all the depression in your relationship and Rob is exactly that. Her feelings of escape are clouding her vision really badly and she doesn't see that with you it's a bigger picture, with him it's just a billboard you pass by on the freeway.

The bad part is, you can't make her realize that even if you know it. No matter what you say, she's going to think of it as you trying to hold her back.

Here's what I need to ask you: If she sleeps with this guy, gets involved with him and then comes back to you, will you be able to let it go? I mean, can you really get over a mistake like that if she makes it? This isn't something you can convince yourself to get over if you're uncomfortable with it and it's not wrong for you to hate her for something she does when you're on a break. You don't have a gun to your head when it comes to feelings. If something a woman does pisses you off, it's your right to be pissed off. God isn't going to send you to hell for not giving your girlfriend a second chance.

If you KNOW it will bother you, then tell her this:
"If you go out with this guy Rob, I don't care if it's a mistake or you make a mistake. If I'm right about him, and he's just trying to sleep with you, that's it between us. I won't let you back into my life just because you didn't know what you were doing when you did it. There's no more us if you keep doing what you're doing. If it's over now, it's over for good. If you ever had a shred of love for me, you'd better ask yourself whether you should make a quick decision like this. If not, oh well, I'll move on. But the door's closed after this."

If it won't bother you, then just walk away for now and try not to think about it. But really, I can't think of anyone out there that wouldn't be bothered by this.

I'll tell you in closing- It sucks. A long relationship like that is hard to get over, especially when another guy gets in the picture, but when you think of the time it'll go over, it's better to just get over her. It might take a year to get over her, but it's better than spending 30-40 years married to her, never trusting her going out alone because you keep thinking about "that one ex marine asshole Rob that she slept with 30-40 years ago".

You spent 6-7 years with her, yeah, but man, I was actually ENGAGED to the same kind of girl you're talking about. I spent 1300 on an engagement ring, planned the next 10 years out of my life for her, I even thought of joining the Marines for her, just to find out she wasn't the good girl I wanted her to be.

Your DAD died man. If she really loved you, she would've been understanding of the bad position you were in. I mean, I can't even imagine how hard that shit must've been to deal with. Your dad died, your mom couldn't afford to keep her house and she's over here thinking about some new FUN guy to have sex with?

fuck that man, she doesn't deserve you. My ex girlfriend's mom died when we weren't even together. We broke up and her mom died a few months later. I was honestly fed up with her, she got really clingy and wanted me back, but because of how I knew I loved her, I went back to her and spent some time with her, went to the wake and everything. I helped her back on her feet and I was there for her, and we weren't even TOGETHER anymore. She was actually your girlfriend when your dad passed away and when you were dealing with those problems and she has the nerve to tell you "I told you things would change". fuck that man, she's not even worth it, trust me.

You're 23 man. I'm 24 and I'm still young. I'm not going to settle for a relationship where I'm throwing more on the table than she is. That's exactly what's going on here. You're talking to her about love, she's talking to you about messing around. A relationship goes two ways, and if she can't stay by your side after your dad passed away, then she doesn't fit the role of a wife man. Think about it, when you're exchanging vows, the priest says it himself, "through sickness and in health". Don't ever blame yourself for this.

[quote name='Maynard']haha This is CLASSIC! I come to read my Freddie Mercury thread and I see this ASS OLD thread and I thought WTF someone is having the same prob.....wait that's my thread.....

IN rebuttle, yeah I did have a quote up from a conversation I had with a fellow Cag'er and we were laughing cause I was actually looking at pictures of my girlfriend when I was on ventrilo with him and I came out of NO where and said "Dude my girlfriend is fucking hot" Now I can see this being taken out of context simply because if I was on the internet and READING and not talking to the person I would think "wow you a cock dude". It totally wasn't meant that way, moreso tongue in cheek humor, but unfortunately that doesn't translate well.

Strell I am changing my picture for you and you alone. That is not a picture or a self portrait of ME. That was really really rare picture of Maynard James Keenan, the lead singer of Tool. The only reason I picked it was because I thought, hmm that is an interesting picture. Everyonce and a while I get random "OMG this coming from a FREAKY BALD DUDE" but unfortunately that is not my richer than hell ass. Although he is ugly isn't he?

*SO THE UPDATE*
First off let me say that I can't believe that this thread was dug up from forever ago, but here's the whats been happenings.

After the whole break it off and yadda yadda a ton of shit went down. First off I was running a restaurant that I was a part of (partner). It was called Manor Restaurant in South Elgin, IL. It was a good job and making pretty decent money but I really really HATED the job. I thought for the longest time that I wanted to be in the restaurant business and run my own, but let me tell you from experience this is not an easy task. Not if you want a family someday that's for sure. Anyway, I ran this restaurant and was meeting a lot of good people helping me get through my rough patch of a 6 1/2 year relationship crumbling. I ended up kicking her out of the apartment and it was pretty nice too because I had a HUGE ass place to live bymyself and I was only paying $400 a month because she had to pony the other half over due to her being on the lease. At first I barely ate, barely did anything but mope, work, sleep, mope, work, sleep. I didn't want to do anything, hated video games, hated TV, hated everything. Than one day this girl at my work, Roxanne (who was flipping gorgeous) asked me if I wanted to go workout with her sometime. I found that a little odd, but I thought sure what the hell considering that I was about 40 lbs overweight. I wasn't some massive fat ass but I was definitely chubby. I went to workout with Roxy the following day and we had a great time and from there on out we became really good workout buddies. We didn't do anything else other than that simply because she was WAY to young, 18 and guys I know 18 is legal but shit that would be gross in a weird way considering she was a senior in highschool. She did try to kiss me and while we did a little making out I had to stop it before the peni touchy touchy again due to moral reasons, but other than that we were just workout friends. SOOOO where am I going with this, well basically I continued to workout, it became a release of emotion, pain, and definitely makes you feel so amazing once you get into the groove. I can tell you at first it sucks, it's hard, it's painful, you feel retarded because you dont know what you're doing, but once you get into your groove and know basically what you're doing you'll wonder "why didn't I do this sooner." The best part about working out is that ANYONE can do it and become fit, it's just a matter of wanting to. So I continued to keep on working out, I got fit and started dating again with my self confidence at an all time high. I was scoring girls that I wouldn't DARE dream of even talking to and it was absolutely the best time of my life for a while. The problem is again I might seem like a real synical ass sometimes on the boards, but in reality it is just sarcasim with in general doesn't translate well into words. What I mean by that is I am a moral guy, I really dont do the whole one night stand thing too often and when I do it is always a problem because I actually care about having sex, it isn't just fucking to me. Dont get me wrong, during this time I did definitely fuck some pretty hot girls who were just fucks, but in general I want to have a relationship to share with someone. So I actually ended up going on Match.com due to my buddies signing me up for it, because they saw that I was getting some good dates, but they all ended up being absolutely insane. Why they thought Match would help with this is beyond me, but just wait it gets better. So I go on match.com and I am starting to go on dates with girls who honestly do not belong on match if you base it off of looks. These girls are fucking gorgeous and lawyers, doctors, pre med, psychologists majors, who just dont have time for going out and meeting people. Problem is that I was going to be picky with a new girlfriend I wasn't just about to take the first one. A lot of these girls came with some pretty fucked up baggage too. Divorces, Daddy issues, Mommy issues, drug issues in families, prison, deportation (will talk about this one, it is classic). I definitely met some amazing girls, in fact one girl would be any dudes dream. She was 5'11 blonde, great chest about 36C slender, and had a pretty face. This girl was obsessed with Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, I mean OBSESSED. She loved video games and would come to my place and literally tell me to play Resident Evil 4 so she could watch me play. You would think "omfg jackpot" not to mention that she was amazing in bed, I mean she would literally have 3 or 4 orgasms (no i'm not fucking exageratting either i am dead serious). 1 problem? She was fucking OBNOXIOUS, and a litttttttttlllllleeee possesive. If another girl even looked at me she would literally look at the girl and be "What the fuck are you looking at?" I had never met a girl like this and man did it scare the shit out of me. WE broke it off, but I still talk to her every once and a while. Last I heard she is dating a Manager at a Gamestop and she thinks he is likea God. Cracks me up. The other girl worth mentioning that I met would be ALMA, yes ALMA (say it like you are russian). Alma was from the Ukraine, Alma was gorgeous (as most Euro's are) and Alma had eyes that would make you freeze (blue, like dark dark dark blue that went to light on the outside). Alma and I went out for dinner at Rosebud on Rush in downtown Chicago. If your not from the city or around the city, Rosebud is a extremely famous Italian restaurant that is pretty much considered one of the only TRUE italian restaurants left in the USA. Seriously. Expensive as fuck, but sooooo worth it, although they have commercialized it since. So I take her to Rosebud's because I used to go there with my family alot growing up and I thought, Hell shes from the Ukraine and she is beautiful, may as well treat her like a princess. I get there with her and she looked stunning, dressed up white and black dress, legs long and showing, hair naturally hanging down blonde, ugh just thinking about it is like "uuuggghhhhh". Sit down to dinner and get our drinks and she ordered a Black Russian (awesome Ukrainian accent was hot too) and she looks at me and says
"Nicholas, I have to tell you something, can I tell you something honest?"

I said, "sure Alma I am a pretty blunt guy so I dont mind bluntness at all"

she says, "Nicholas I am here in America not very much longer, I want to stay very bad so I come here asking you one thing"

I stare blankly almost knowing what might happen, but no clue.

she says " I want marriage to stay here, so I dont have to leave go to homeland, Ukraine is very poor and desolate. I am willing to offer you $10,000 American if you marry me and stay married for 1 year. I will provide you with cooking, cleaning, sex, oral sex, whatever you want, you provide me with marriage.

I thought to myself What the fuck did I do to deserve this? I haven't even ordered or eaten yet and my appetite just got destroyed.

1. I feel terrible because she looks so sad and sincere.
2. morally I know I would never do this, and I am going to have to decline so I feel bad.
3. When you have a gorgeous woman promising you Sex in everyway you can imagine, well it just sucks to say no to haha.
4. $10,000 are you fucking kidding me?
5. Chances of me waking up in a bathtub full of ice are pretttttty high.
6. I saw Behind Enemy Lines, I know Ukraine hates America (hahahaha)

Needless to say $143 later after our meal I hugged her and kissed her goodnight and I never saw, nor spoke to Alma again. I just got a bad feeling like I was going to be murdered or something. Has anyone ever seen the Seinfeld with MEELOSH! The tennis player? He tries to pawn his wife off on to Jerry to repay him? fucking classic if you haven't. Totally reminds me of her, but she was still way cuter.

To end this story/saga.

I go to close my match.com account because I am starting to meet wackjobs, which is why you can't really judge a book by it's cover. Girls were insane, nuts, and more nuts.

I go to close my Match.com account on Aug. 30th and it wouldn't let me for some reason. It kept on giving me 404 not found errors. Thinking nothing of it I shrugged it off and went to bed. I woke up the next day and hopped on to close it and I had a new email. It was from a girl named Sharon. Sharon was amazingly gorgeous. She had good fashion (totally matters), wore good jewelery, wore great makeup (subtle not overdone) and apparently she was responding to an email I had sent her 1 month earlier. She had closed her account to so she couldn't read emails and she was going througha similiar thing, but she couldn't find any nice guys who weren't creeps. So she was at a family function with everyone there making fun of her for not finding a boyfriend. She got so upset that she signed back up to match to see if she couldn't find a "nice guy". She saw my email and something appealed her to me, she claims hands down "Your eyes are perfect" Apparently girls have an obsession with eyes and apparently I have good eyes, hearing this on more than one occasion. We met the next day and I drove out to her house (lives with the p's) and I got there around 8ish and I literally stayed there till 6 am the following day talking to them out on there sun room. We watched the sun come up. I knew from that day on that I had met my future wife. She was perfect. She had morals, her family is amazing, she has a background in church (yes I actually go to chruch), she isn't insane, and most of all shes a good honest person. The great news to this is next month I plan on asking her to marry me. I know in my heart that there really is no other girl that I want to be with. I can't imagine being without her and to make things even more amazing we have been completely abstinent with each other. We have had a little hanky panky but not much. She is a virgin and I totally respect that and think it is badass.

Moral of the story? No girl is ever worth losing, taking, or thinking your life is over. Everything happens for a reason and the big guy upstairs is watching out for you believe it or not.

funny karma of the story?

My ex is fat. Like fat fat, she gained about 30lbs since we broke up and shes still with that dude, but I saw her when Sharon and I were out and apparently she told one of my old best friends that I looked amazing and that my girlfriend was absolutely gorgeous. Man o Man did that feel good to hear that :)

end of story :)

PPS not that I really care or feel a need to prove it, but the picture in my avatar is definitely my girlfriend. I still need to take it down, she was NONE to happy to find out that I was rocking that picture, but I figured it was PG-13 and I cropped out her face. She said it was the principle, so I probobaly should take it down. Push up bra's rock dont they?[/quote]
I feel like a douche, posting without reading this.

YOu should edit it in.

YOu're not from Vancouver are you? I knew a girl named Sharon and we were close for a while but she blew me off. :(

PS: Maynard, Tool and APC fucking rock.

[quote name='camoor']Something just hit me.

She's a virgin, but she lets you take photos of her in lingere?

Not that I've ever understood Jesus freaks, but this is one for the books.[/quote]I thought it was more amusing that he respected her enough to not force her in bed, but not enough to take down a half-naked picture of her that she apparently disapproves of. :lol:

Well guys today is the DAY!

I am getting engaged! I have the ring and I am getting ready to go setup to pop the question!

I'll post some pics of the ring and the way I am going to ask her later so someone can take it and reuse it :)

I am so excited I had to tell someone now and all my friends are at there desk jobs or out of state so I figured "hey i'll tell CAG"
Proof that the nice guy does finish last but finishes with a hotter girl!!! :p

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Maynard']Well guys today is the DAY!

I am getting engaged! I have the ring and I am getting ready to go setup to pop the question!

I'll post some pics of the ring and the way I am going to ask her later so someone can take it and reuse it :)

I am so excited I had to tell someone now and all my friends are at there desk jobs or out of state so I figured "hey i'll tell CAG"
Proof that the nice guy does finish last but finishes with a hotter girl!!! :p

WOO HOO!!!!!!!![/quote]

Congrats. I bet you are really excited.

Jesus christ dood! That is your woman in your avatar?!?! And you haven't hit that yet?!?! I bet you have one hell of a case of blue balls.

Good luck with the proposal bud!

[quote name='yukine']Nice! Congratulations, dude.

But shouldn't you change your avatar? You know... out of respect?[/quote]

done and done

Yukine why the hell would you tell anybody with a hot chick as their avatar to change it? Serously WTF! I liked it when Maynard posted just b/c of his avatar and now I have to look at some stupid ass starbucks thing instead of a hotty in a pushup bra and black panties. I understand that the dude may not want to have his fiance's panties picture up there but I don't get why someone else would ask him to remove it; let others be as open or closed in their relationships as they wish.

On topic: Congrats Maynard, I hope you know what you're gettin yourself into. Here is a useful tidbid I learned today in a different off topic thread: KEEP HER AWAY FROM MMORPGs!

[quote name='pittpizza']Yukine why the hell would you tell anybody with a hot chick as their avatar to change it? Serously WTF! I liked it when Maynard posted just b/c of his avatar and now I have to look at some stupid ass starbucks thing instead of a hotty in a pushup bra and black panties. I understand that the dude may not want to have his fiance's panties picture up there but I don't get why someone else would ask him to remove it; let others be as open or closed in their relationships as they wish.

On topic: Congrats Maynard, I hope you know what you're gettin yourself into. Here is a useful tidbid I learned today in a different off topic thread: KEEP HER AWAY FROM MMORPGs![/quote]

Protip: The internets are full of pictures of hot women with pushup bra and black panties

Protip: Anyone can post a picture of said hot women in pushup bra and black panties (sans face) and claim it is their gf on the internets

[quote name='pittpizza']Yukine why the hell would you tell anybody with a hot chick as their avatar to change it? Serously WTF! I liked it when Maynard posted just b/c of his avatar and now I have to look at some stupid ass starbucks thing instead of a hotty in a pushup bra and black panties. I understand that the dude may not want to have his fiance's panties picture up there but I don't get why someone else would ask him to remove it; let others be as open or closed in their relationships as they wish.

On topic: Congrats Maynard, I hope you know what you're gettin yourself into. Here is a useful tidbid I learned today in a different off topic thread: KEEP HER AWAY FROM MMORPGs![/quote]
I didn't tell him to, it was only a suggestion. :lol:

He could always have his fiancee supply a new avatar.

[quote name='camoor']Protip: The internets are full of pictures of hot women with pushup bra and black panties

Protip: Anyone can post a picture of said hot women in pushup bra and black panties (sans face) and claim it is their gf on the internets[/quote]

Protip1: Yeah so was CAG for a while but not anymore.

Protip2: Very true.

bread's done
Back