I Need Game Reviewers

Nutts

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (100%)
Hey I'm looking for some help to write reviews for my website: www.gamenutts.com.

I know most of you here love to game, have multiple systems and have a variety of opinions. Being a huge fan of games myself, I wanted to create a site that would give readers a new and easy way to read reviews. Well I did, and my wife and I started to write reviews for each game we played. Unfortunately I can't play everything, and lord knows I try.

Anyway, I'm looking for gamers of all sytems PS2 gen and newer, plus GBA, DS, PSP and PC. If you are like me, you get excited (or upset) when ever you play good (and bad) game, and probably end giving the details, strengths and weaknesses to several of your friends. Why not put those thoughts on paper (or in Word in this case) and make a review of them? I just think writing these reviews is a fun way to summarize and chronicle those games that I play. But that's just me, I know not everyone is like that.

All you have to do is like the site and the format the reviews are in and want to write a review every once in a while when you are done with a game. It does not have to be a new game. If you don't have that many games, but love to follow the industry, then I could also use people to add news articles for the important stories. My goal is to soon have 300 reviews and a good crew of reviewers so that the site can be a part of gamerankings.com.

If you're interested, send me an e-mail to [email protected] and include the systems you own, your favorite systems and genres and why you want to write reviews.

Thanks for looking.
Mike

I like the site a lot, very nice =P

Only thing I'd have to say would be maybe a makeover on the layout?
Heh.

If I had the time to write reviews (and finish all the games I play, haha), I'd defenitely help you out. Looks cool though!

hmm, ive been considering doing some writing, and i just started playing Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. If I find some time, I'll send you an article once i finish it

I also have to say, the outline form is excellent, but try to take a little clutter off the front page.

Also, is your last name really McNutt?

I'll probably send you an e-mail sometime tomorrow. I've thought about doing something like this for a while and this seems like a good opportunity.

Hey Nutts,

I may be interested. I'm not sure I necessarily like writing in the outline format... but I may be able to contribute with news and other type things?

Just a little suggestion too, when you go to the review pages, I think it'd be a lot more convienant to be able to click the picture of the game and have it link to the review.

Just an idea!

Cool site, I dig the layout.

That's cool that you're pushing to get into gamerankings. Our gaming section grows so slowly that I've given up having that as a short term goal. :(

We've had a few good reviewers come from CAG in fact, so I'm sure you can snag a few good writers. I only wish we got in more product on a steady basis to throw them some bones more often!

Thansk for all those interested who sent e-mails.

mr ryles - I wish I could send free games to review. Hopefully some day that might be a possibility, but in order to have that happen a site has to be pretty famous.

Chrono - Yeah, I would like to change the layout a bit. Add some flash, some dynamic content. But like you I don't have a lot of time either. So hopefully, if I can get some consistant reviewers I might have some time to investigate that kind of thing. Also, I'm not the best artist, so designing graphics and stuff is not my forte. The site, if you look closely is supposed to look like a game box, but... it probably doesn't come off as obvious as I'd like.

Albino Ninja - yes, that is my real last name.

Rusty Ghia - Does the web need another site. No, not at all, but I had some down time at work for a bit and started creating. So it is what it is. In an effort to make it somewhat different, I decided to go with the bulleted list format. The goal is to allow you to skim read it faster, because with all those sites, who has time to read 8 page reviews filled with comical anicdotes, and poor rips on celebraties. I decided, I just wanted to talk about the GAMES.

LordWow - Your right about the linking on the picture of the game. I thought I even played with that a bit?? I'll have to look. I though somewhere for sure I turned a picture into a link? That probably would be to hard to do either (opposed to adding flash menus and such). I'll have to make note of that.

eshbums. You got love Columbus huh? Go Blue Jackets. Not a real good area for getting a job in the gaming industry though.

Thanks to all who replied.

Mike

Just my $.02

[quote name='Nutts']mr ryles - I wish I could send free games to review. Hopefully some day that might be a possibility, but in order to have that happen a site has to be pretty famous. [/QUOTE]
We're JUST now getting to a point where companies are more willing to send us review copies. It takes a while to build the rapport with companies, but it pays off in the end. We have one or two software companies that are really easy to get along with and support our contests too, but again, it's building that relationship over time that does it. Review copy games are a lot tougher than CDs or movies, that's for sure.

[quote name='Nutts']Chrono - Yeah, I would like to change the layout a bit. Add some flash, some dynamic content. But like you I don't have a lot of time either. So hopefully, if I can get some consistant reviewers I might have some time to investigate that kind of thing. Also, I'm not the best artist, so designing graphics and stuff is not my forte. The site, if you look closely is supposed to look like a game box, but... it probably doesn't come off as obvious as I'd like.[/QUOTE]

If you want to get your SEO up, avoid the flash. Save that stuff for when you're big and can afford search engines not to like you as much.

[quote name='Nutts']LordWow - Your right about the linking on the picture of the game. I thought I even played with that a bit?? I'll have to look. I though somewhere for sure I turned a picture into a link? That probably would be to hard to do either (opposed to adding flash menus and such). I'll have to make note of that.[/QUOTE]

Here's a freebie:
On your front page - where the article points to the review of Fight Night - change this:

Code:
[IMG]/Data/Xbox360Images/BoxImages/FightNightR3_box_sm.jpg[/IMG]

To this:

Code:
[IMG]/Data/Xbox360Images/BoxImages/FightNightR3_box_sm.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Nutts']eshbums. You got love Columbus huh? Go Blue Jackets. Not a real good area for getting a job in the gaming industry though.[/QUOTE]

Are you in CBus? No, not a whole lotta gaming jobs popping up here, unless you count the guys that run ferris wheels.

bread's done
Back